Italian PM Di Maio blames migrant crisis on European imperialism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:52:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italian PM Di Maio blames migrant crisis on European imperialism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italian PM Di Maio blames migrant crisis on European imperialism  (Read 822 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: January 21, 2019, 08:56:59 PM »

I'm not an expert on the topic and I'm not saying France isn't milking its former colonial legacy for all it's worth (it is) but color me skeptical that all of those countries would be keeping the Franc CFA if it was such a bad deal for them. I can see pretty obvious advantage for a developing country to be using a currency that's stable and backed up by the treasury of a developed one. That might have some negative long-term consequences for these countries' development, but there's also a clear short- and medium-term benefit.

Also, not that negates what you said about propping up corrupt regimes, but I should point out that France also prevented Mali from becoming another ISIS and most people there is pretty grateful for that as far as I can tell.

Di Maio is talking out of his ass, as he always does.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies