Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:47:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 125201 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: October 13, 2019, 02:03:52 PM »
« edited: October 14, 2019, 04:38:46 PM by Smiling John »

Shilling your own tweets elsewhere because you think you're really clever... sad, too sad to even warrant an exclamation mark.

This is an unbelievably stupid post. It's obvious that that Tweet was made specifically for that comment and to post on Atlas. It's not "sharing elsewhere," it's using it for the purpose for which it was intended. The whole account exists solely to repost Tweets on Atlas. In short, you don't get it.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1751 on: October 13, 2019, 02:08:26 PM »

Goddamn

In which sense? They're both right.

Christ almighty, you people.... Kamala’s ofc. Trumps aren’t good at insults.

FFS, I voted for her, I have no qualms about doing it again in 2024 if her general record stays as is (granted I may not necessarily have residence there by that time...), but I'm sorry, she just didn't have it.

It's pretty obvious Biden took her intended lane, and she tried staking out a new ground...but Warren already had that ground.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1752 on: October 18, 2019, 10:02:19 AM »

Her attack on Warren for not supporting Trump being banned from Trump was absolutely bizarre & insanely stupid. One of the most stupid arguments ever made by a top tier candidate.

Equally bad was her focus grouped tested stage managed performance where she went after Biden in Debate 1 & 2 & then spend the entire Debate going after Trump in Debate 3 which looked totally inauthentic. This lack of authenticity & bizarre arguments are going to hurt her future Presidential campaigns.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1753 on: October 18, 2019, 10:13:49 AM »

Her attack on Warren for not supporting Trump being banned from Trump was absolutely bizarre & insanely stupid. One of the most stupid arguments ever made by a top tier candidate.

Equally bad was her focus grouped tested stage managed performance where she went after Biden in Debate 1 & 2 & then spend the entire Debate going after Trump in Debate 3 which looked totally inauthentic. This lack of authenticity & bizarre arguments are going to hurt her future Presidential campaigns.
TOP-tier?!  LOL.  She's at the bottom of the mid-tier, inching very close to the top of the bottom-tier.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1754 on: October 18, 2019, 03:04:22 PM »

TOP-tier?!  LOL.  She's at the bottom of the mid-tier, inching very close to the top of the bottom-tier.

She's 4th in the Morning Consult poll.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1755 on: October 18, 2019, 04:54:56 PM »

It's not "sharing elsewhere," it's using it for the purpose for which it was intended. The whole account exists solely to repost Tweets on Atlas.
you seem to be having some trouble understanding, so let me explain it for you: people are laughing at you because you do that.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1756 on: October 18, 2019, 05:06:38 PM »

It's not "sharing elsewhere," it's using it for the purpose for which it was intended. The whole account exists solely to repost Tweets on Atlas.
you seem to be having some trouble understanding, so let me explain it for you: people are laughing at you because you do that.

People are laughing because I have a sense of humor and I post high-quality content. You are apparently out of the loop and have missed the context behind that account. I will not deign to explain it to you.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1757 on: October 19, 2019, 07:06:21 PM »

People are laughing because I have a sense of humor and I post high-quality content. You are apparently out of the loop and have missed the context behind that account. I will not deign to explain it to you.

You don't post high-quality content.  All you do is insult other posters.  The only difference is you do it via several different mediums to make yourself feel "creative" with your spare time.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1758 on: October 19, 2019, 07:44:57 PM »

You don't post high-quality content.  All you do is insult other posters.  The only difference is you do it via several different mediums to make yourself feel "creative" with your spare time.

Let me guess: You're still mad about the "Leave Joe Alone" post, aren't you?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1759 on: October 19, 2019, 07:55:19 PM »

Let me guess: You're still mad about the "Leave Joe Alone" post, aren't you?

No, just tired in general of seeing you derail threads with nastiness and patting yourself on the back for it.  Get a life.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1760 on: October 20, 2019, 12:11:14 AM »

The leave Biden alone comment made both Booker and Harris look weak. Harris looked her strongest when she was a fighter. As Warren become a story in the news, Harris polls suffered. Harris could have resurrected, as I stated numerous times before, her fight for the homeless in Cali. Newsom and Garcetti polls were suffering until they started fighting for the homeless. However, Harris was ashamed to face urban poverty in South Central LA
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1761 on: October 20, 2019, 06:16:46 PM »

The leave Biden alone comment made both Booker and Harris look weak. Harris looked her strongest when she was a fighter. As Warren become a story in the news, Harris polls suffered. Harris could have resurrected, as I stated numerous times before, her fight for the homeless in Cali. Newsom and Garcetti polls were suffering until they started fighting for the homeless. However, Harris was ashamed to face urban poverty in South Central LA

*Sigh* And as I'm starting to state more times than I want to:

Or shes just a weak candidate who refuses to define herself. You're always harping on Harris regarding homelessness/talk shows/town halls when, as her past AG & Senate campaigns displayed, shes very wishy-washy on most other hot-button issues affecting California (EX: Death penalty, cannabis, body cameras). Homelessness is just one of many, but not the end-all for her campaign.

If anything, that shes falling without homelessness being an issue in the primaries is pretty indicative of her weakness as a national campaigner. And even if she were to hold statewide town hall meetings, I bet close to 50% of CA voters would still forget shes their senator (Rather than the 2/3 it's probably at now)

Not to mention, besides Biden, every other 1/2 tier candidate has gone through the Talk Show blitz this year. Sanders & Buttigieg have each made 7 guest appearances (At least). Buttigieg's [talk show] blitz is probably more egregious given the Eric Logan shooting, an issue he had more bearing on than homelessness does on any California politician in the House/Senate.

To put it simply, no one knows who she is or where she stands on anything. Shes always been like that, homelessness be damned.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1762 on: October 21, 2019, 01:02:18 PM »

Garcietta and Newsom 's media strategiest have stated were are: Feinstein and Harris on the issue of homelessness? They gave Speaker Pelosi a pass, but when I lived in SF, I went to Pelosi' office looking for volunteer opportunities; as a result, she thought I was some homeless person looking for work, her employees thru me out right away.

Harris' greatest moment, eventhough I agree with the above statement, was to not to talk about homelessness; but affordable housing, and section 8 vouchers for people with non dependent children under 18.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1763 on: October 24, 2019, 12:09:49 PM »

Please unstick the thread.

Harris is no longer a credible candidate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1764 on: October 25, 2019, 12:24:18 AM »

Worst candidate ever, as well as Booker, as a result, as well as Tim Ryan, three of them said "Leave Biden alone" put the icing on cake of their demise🤔
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1765 on: October 25, 2019, 03:42:26 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2019, 01:03:03 PM by Interlocutor »

LA Times article on the California issue most haunting Kamala Harris' campaign: Homelessness Tough-on-crime policies

[,,,]

The laws strengthening criminal penalties drove a surge in the state’s prison population over 30 years, beginning in the 1970s. Under both Republicans and Democrats — including Kamala Harris, who became a prosecutor in 1990 — a tough-on-crime political culture flourished in California, and African Americans were hit hardest: Their incarceration rate remains more than five times their share of California’s population.

The crackdown on crime swept most of the country, but California stood out as one of the most aggressive states. Only recently has it begun shedding its lock-'em-up mind-set.

In the 2020 presidential race, the disproportionate imprisonment of African American men has become a major issue, and it’s posing an especially big challenge for Harris, California’s first black U.S. senator. She is counting on strong support from African Americans. But many black voters are wary of her 27 years as a prosecutor enforcing laws that sent African Americans to prison.

Often left unsaid is that Harris, a former state attorney general and San Francisco district attorney, did not play a role in passing those laws.

Still, her home state’s high rate of incarcerating people of color goes a long way in explaining the trouble she has had selling her candidacy to black voters nationwide. In California and many other states, racial disparities in imprisonment have intensified resentments of what many see as deeply ingrained discrimination in America’s criminal justice system.

“Communities of color, they have a hard time trusting you when you are connected with law enforcement,” said Yvette McDowell, a black attorney and former Pasadena prosecutor who is undecided in the Democratic presidential race.

Citing generations of racial bias in the justice system, banks and other institutions, she said, “History has taught us a lot about distrusting people who don’t have our best interests at heart.”

[...]

In her campaign for president, Harris has vowed to relieve mass incarceration and correct racial inequities in the justice system. As attorney general, she started implicit-bias training for law enforcement, and as district attorney she launched a program that enabled first-time nonviolent offenders to get their charges dismissed if they finished job training.

Critics have faulted her, though, for working in court to uphold California’s death penalty, despite her personal opposition, and for her threats to jail parents of chronically truant schoolchildren.

Zachary Norris, executive director of the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, an Oakland group that works to shift public resources from prisons to community investments, said police intimidation and mass incarceration drag families and neighborhoods “into a cycle of debt and deprivation.” As a result, he suggested, Harris and any other former prosecutor running for high office must clear a substantial hurdle to gain black support.

“When you have folks who are seen as the face of moving young people and adults into that system, there is going to be a residue of anxiety, a residue of unfairness,” Norris said. “Someone whose main position has been to be a part of that process, I think, is going to be in a very difficult position.”

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-10-24/kamala-harris-california-crime
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1766 on: October 25, 2019, 04:28:43 AM »

California has a drug problem masquerading as a mental health problem masquerading as a homeless problem.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1767 on: October 25, 2019, 07:33:43 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2019, 07:37:15 AM by Cory Booker »

More people are going to Cali and getting on SSI under 62 than ever before. Its become the easiest state to get on disability insurance; as a result, vochers for section 8 which are designed for parents with kids under 18 have become obsolute. Now, people on disabily with no dependent kids need those vouchers. That is where Warren's millionaire tax come into play to get those new vouchers. Harris and Leader McConnell and Feinstein won't speak to the voters on this with no town halls; as a result, is putting money into the wall.🤔🤔🤔

And Trump wants another 4 years to take money out of social programs to pay for his wall; as a result, Trump has 8 B in the Bank and owed 235 M in back taxes to pay for his wall.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1768 on: October 25, 2019, 01:04:12 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2019, 01:13:05 PM by Interlocutor »

More people are going to Cali and getting on SSI under 62 than ever before. Its become the easiest state to get on disability insurance; as a result, vochers for section 8 which are designed for parents with kids under 18 have become obsolute. Now, people on disabily with no dependent kids need those vouchers. That is where Warren's millionaire tax come into play to get those new vouchers. Harris and Leader McConnell and Feinstein won't speak to the voters on this with no town halls; as a result, is putting money into the wall.🤔🤔🤔

And Trump wants another 4 years to take money out of social programs to pay for his wall; as a result, Trump has 8 B in the Bank and owed 235 M in back taxes to pay for his wall.

As someone who can't stand Kamala Harris, I'm sick of this "issue" being brought up.

There's more she needs to fix communication-wise besides town halls with (potentially) carefully selected questions vetted by her staff.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1769 on: October 25, 2019, 02:54:29 PM »

As someone who can't stand Kamala Harris, I'm sick of this "issue" being brought up.

There's more she needs to fix communication-wise besides town halls with (potentially) carefully selected questions vetted by her staff.

It's just olawakandi bringing it up.  He has a hot take on every candidate that's super-niche and he obsesses over them in every thread.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1770 on: October 25, 2019, 07:22:32 PM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2019-10-25/kamala-harris-skipping-south-carolina-forum-over-trump-award%3fcontext=amp

Lmao
Cashew
United States

« Reply #1771 on: October 25, 2019, 07:39:45 PM »

Not good. Yeah congratulatng Trump for anything feels gross but Criminal justice reform is among the least polarizing issues out there, and if giving Trump awards helps keep it that way so be it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1772 on: October 25, 2019, 08:15:09 PM »

Next up: Kamala Harris to stop breathing oxygen because Trump does.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1773 on: October 26, 2019, 08:56:49 AM »

Her support has already gone to Biden in SC, so what if she skips forum
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany