MAGA-teens harass Native American
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:06:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MAGA-teens harass Native American
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
Author Topic: MAGA-teens harass Native American  (Read 24969 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: January 22, 2019, 05:46:59 PM »

It's sad to see how this thread exemplifies exactly that. It's tiring, and that's why I avoid even engaging in the discussion.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #376 on: January 22, 2019, 05:48:41 PM »

What an incredibly sweet and beautiful child. His pacifism in the face of such heated tensions ought to be worshiped. He is thousands of times more worthy of being an honorary acceptee into a school of his choosing than David Hogg, who is an actually an unhinged menace. I for one will be giving any support that his family asks for, and even support that they do not have the courage to ask for. His school better plan on receiving weekly letters from me. Alma mater will also be hearing from me to in order to reward him.

In the past year, I thought no one could inspire me more than Brett Kavanaugh, but a child of all people has been able to win the #1 place in my heart over any human being I have ever met.
The voice of the people. Worded better than I ever could, thank you.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #377 on: January 22, 2019, 08:05:04 PM »

What an incredibly sweet and beautiful child. His pacifism in the face of such heated tensions ought to be worshiped. He is thousands of times more worthy of being an honorary acceptee into a school of his choosing than David Hogg, who is an actually an unhinged menace. I for one will be giving any support that his family asks for, and even support that they do not have the courage to ask for. His school better plan on receiving weekly letters from me. Alma mater will also be hearing from me to in order to reward him.

In the past year, I thought no one could inspire me more than Brett Kavanaugh, but a child of all people has been able to win the #1 place in my heart over any human being I have ever met.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #378 on: January 22, 2019, 08:27:47 PM »

Leave it to the liberal media to try repainting this little Fascist and aspiring date rapist in a good light.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #379 on: January 22, 2019, 08:34:36 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2019, 08:43:13 PM by Badger »

A revelation. Hell exist, and some people belong there.

Just trying to remember. Was this the student who yelled at some women it's not rape if you enjoy it? Or is he just one of the various classmates who laughed along with that?
Knives
solopop
« Reply #380 on: January 22, 2019, 08:39:42 PM »

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/rest-of-the-world-not-sure-why-teenage-boys-were-so-keen-on-attending-an-anti-abortion-rally/?fbclid=IwAR2ryVecWL4ndnN3-exmauaRALNt5CBeR_uMWDf2Lc6Mxce5hDdmX_m9rmM

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #381 on: January 22, 2019, 08:44:38 PM »

This article wrong implies they won't be having sex until they're married. Of course not!

There's plenty of time for date rape in these boys future.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #382 on: January 22, 2019, 09:06:49 PM »

😮 This has been one of the six greatest victories for God in the history of Western Civilization. I am in disbelief that we are having this much winning. May He continue to watch over us and protect us in the coming civil war. I know I'll be preparing just in case.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #383 on: January 22, 2019, 09:53:21 PM »

I'd been deliberately not reading about this in an attempt to avoid culture war related news but finally did today and I've got to say........that's it? Native American activist shows up and starts yelling and banging a drum in Smirking Guy's face and Smirking Guy just stands there and smirks. There are considerably worse ways he could have handled the situation.

Now, the original clips that were circulating had no context, so it was possible they could have yelled nasty stuff at the Native American activist to provoke him into banging the drum in their face. If I had seen them when they first circulated I would have probably just thought the situation was unclear and had no opinion on it.

With the other videos that have now circulated, it looks like they were just trying to drown out the Black Israelites. Phillips may have seen guys in MAGA hats chanting and thought they were up to no good and decided to confront them. I don't hold anything against him, the people who created this problem are the Black Israelites and all the people who decided this guy was pure evil because he smirked at someone who was yelling in his face.

There have also been the blackface videos circulating amongst other things, which are really irrelevant to this particular situation. The students may be assholes in general, but that doesn't mean they did anything wrong in this particular instance. That's why ad hominem attacks are a fallacy.

If this had been, say, a black teenager who had a white guy yelling in his face and just smirked in response, I seriously doubt any of the people on the left who are so angry at this kid would think anything of it. You would also have alt-righters reacting the same way some people on the left did to this, calling for people to attack him in public and so forth. But that just proves the point, both sides are prejudiced.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #384 on: January 22, 2019, 10:22:07 PM »

They weren’t black muslims...they were black israelites which is a toxic hate movement.  They shouod be condemned wherever they go.  I can guarantee they were spewing racist and very homophobic slurs at the kids, because that’s basically all they do.

Then the Natives march right in between them trying to diffuse the situation.  The kids were being disrespectful to the Natives but the entire situation was already toxic before they even got there.

The Native Americans are the only group of the three that I sympathize with here.  But this whole episode is a perfect example of our utterly broken race relations.
Just gonna re-post this because the truth is coming together.  The amount of prejudice and kneejerk reactions and outrage spewed in this thread is, as another poster put it, staggering.  At the end of this it comes down to anblack hate group taunting kids who try to drown out their hateful slurs with school spirit chants.  Then the Native Americans come between them to diffuse things.  The students dance to the drum, disrespectfully.  The whole while the black hate group shouts hateful things at the students and Native Americans.  The students boo them and call them racist and then leave.

No ‘build the wall’, no ‘trump 2020’...none of it.

You were dooped (i was as well) by a prejudiced narrative because people assume if a white kid from the “rurals” wearing a Maga hat comes to the city, it’s to cause controversy.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/maga-hat-teens-native-american-second-video/index.html

They're from the suburbs of Cincinnati. Not "the rurals."
My post was pointing out prejudices.  To the big city livin no bra wearin hairy legged womens libbers types, the suburban parts of a city they’ve never heard of is “the rurals” ...and my term for city dwellers borrowed from a cult classic movie also shows prejudice and ignorance.  Thats the issue with this entire discussion.  Everybody has very glaringly inserted their prejudices into this discussion.  It aint pretty.  

For a guy who I've given a ton of negative feedback to, Snowguy716 has emerged as the MASSIVE FF OF THE MONTH here on Atlas.

Here's one poster who actually sided with truth, over a desired narrative.  One.  There are a few others, but he was the only one that chose truth over the desired narrative when he probably wished the other narrative were true.

That's a sad commentary on many folks here.  Especially given that the targets of the vitriol were kids.

I just got out of the hospital (an attack of high blood pressure kept me there for observation for 26 hours or so.) so I binge-watched cable TV, and the videos of this incident (ALL of them) were here for everyone to see.  As were the tweets from some of the scummiest leftists ever born that certainly don't deserve to be called "liberal". 

The real narrative is that these kids were caught waiting for a bus at the Lincoln Memorial in front of Black Hebrew Israelites calling them truly vile names, with the only thing giving them some slack was the Native American Group, whom the Black Hebrew Israelites hate even mere, gave them respite.  These are all kids, and they were all in a situation were angry grownups (the Black Hebrew Israelites) were calling them racists, incest kids, and trailer trash.  And these folks ought to be taken seriously.  The Black Hebrew Israelites are deemed a Black Supremacist organization by the Southern Poverty Law Center.  They are also very much a "Prison Religion".  Many Prisoners "join" the Black Hebrew Israelites in prisons because it is a way to have a legitimized gang sanctioned by the prison as a religion.  (Prisons are required to allow a degree of religious freedoms under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which I personally view as a mistake for various reasons.)  If the kids were nervous and afraid of this particular crowd, they had good reason to be.

In the midst of that, you have a Native American (with other Native Americans) come right up to the group and continuously chant.  Now Nathan Phillips had his reasons for what he was doing, and I don't consider him malicious, but it is pretty clear to me that the crowd of kids was not a malicious crowd either; they were there, in that location, because they were in a group, waiting for a bus.  They committed no crime.  They threatened no one.  And if Mr. Phillips indicated that he felt afraid during that situation, I cannot believe that he had enyone to fear BUT the Hebrew Israelites, who hated him and his people as much as they hated the Covington Catholic Kids.

The response to these kids by GROWNUPS, after knowing the whole situation, is infuriating.  Bakari Sellers SHOULD be terminated from CNN (for stating he wanted to punch those kids on Twitter).  Alyssa Milano should be unceremoniously removed, with a reprimand, as spokesperson for the ASPCA, for comparing these kids to the KKK in a tweet.  Kathy Griffin should be blacklisted from all gigs for calling for the doxxing of these kids, who are just that:  KIDS!  Jack Morrisey advocated KILLING the "MAGA kids" by throwing them, hats first, into a woodchipper.  Cyntoia Brown KILLED a person while he was sleeping when she was a teenager, and she gets more props and more sympathy here than kids who, while not having the tragic narrative of Cyntoia Brown, are kids who are going to school, obeying laws, and standing up for what THEY believe in (which, on this day, was the Pro-Life cause, a cause I consider to be both noble and courageous in this day and age).

Does this not bother anyone on the left here?  Is this "liberalism"?  Or is this something else.

There may be a few others, but Snowguy716 was the only Atlas liberal to go, unabashedly, against a favored narrative and speak truth.  The truth is clear now, but people are still pushing the first (proven false) narrative.  That's downright sad, and a comment of how unreachable too many people really are.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #385 on: January 22, 2019, 10:31:20 PM »

I'd been deliberately not reading about this in an attempt to avoid culture war related news but finally did today and I've got to say........that's it? Native American activist shows up and starts yelling and banging a drum in Smirking Guy's face and Smirking Guy just stands there and smirks. There are considerably worse ways he could have handled the situation.

Now, the original clips that were circulating had no context, so it was possible they could have yelled nasty stuff at the Native American activist to provoke him into banging the drum in their face. If I had seen them when they first circulated I would have probably just thought the situation was unclear and had no opinion on it.

With the other videos that have now circulated, it looks like they were just trying to drown out the Black Israelites. Phillips may have seen guys in MAGA hats chanting and thought they were up to no good and decided to confront them. I don't hold anything against him, the people who created this problem are the Black Israelites and all the people who decided this guy was pure evil because he smirked at someone who was yelling in his face.

There have also been the blackface videos circulating amongst other things, which are really irrelevant to this particular situation. The students may be assholes in general, but that doesn't mean they did anything wrong in this particular instance. That's why ad hominem attacks are a fallacy.

If this had been, say, a black teenager who had a white guy yelling in his face and just smirked in response, I seriously doubt any of the people on the left who are so angry at this kid would think anything of it. You would also have alt-righters reacting the same way some people on the left did to this, calling for people to attack him in public and so forth. But that just proves the point, both sides are prejudiced.

The kid smirking was a 16 year old.  I am positive that, far from taunting the man, he was quite intimidated by the entire situation and just wanted it to end without anyone getting hurt.  Given that just before Nathan Phillips came up to him chanting, an angry mob of Black Hebrew Israelites were calling them "incest kids" and "trailer trash" and saying all sorts of vile and hateful things, and in an aggressive manner.  (If that kid flat out peed in his pants during all of this I wouldn't be surprised, and I wouldn't blame him.)

As for any of these kids past behavior:  If people here can be gracious to Joy Ann Reid and Tulsi Gabbard (to name a few) whose track records were found "insensitive" by many on the left here, these 16 year olds can be given grace as well.  That's mere reason and decency.  These kids are no less worthy of grace than Cyntoia Brown.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #386 on: January 22, 2019, 10:33:05 PM »

Oh so attacking kids is now wrong? Cause the Parkland kids would like to know that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #387 on: January 22, 2019, 10:49:10 PM »

😮 This has been one of the six greatest victories for God in the history of Western Civilization. I am in disbelief that we are having this much winning. May He continue to watch over us and protect us in the coming civil war. I know I'll be preparing just in case.

Okay, now that's some pretty good, as in funny, trolling. Grin
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #388 on: January 22, 2019, 10:53:22 PM »

Oh so attacking kids is now wrong? Cause the Parkland kids would like to know that.

The Parkland Kids, openly and willingly, entered the political arena seeking to scale back the Rights of the People to Keep and Bear Arms, a right that is not to be infringed (says the Second Amendment).  Now they have every right to do that, and I never begrudge them that, but when you enter a political fray in that manner, your positions and their validity are fair game.  Public advocacy is a game for grownups.  I'm all for teenagers becoming politically active, but this is a grownups game they are playing when they engage in active public advocacy.

I have criticized the Parkland Kids' stance, and I have questioned their overall awareness on their issues (granting that much of their awareness comes from a personally traumatic experience that, thankfully few people have).  I have never called for doxxing them, I have never called them communists, or anti-American, and while I don't care for David Hogg one bit (and he's an adult now), I do have some respect for where he's coming from.  The Parkland Kids are not entitled to everyone signing off on what they're doing.  I don't sign off on it, but it's their right to do it.

The Covington Kids, who were on a school trip, and whose political activism was limited to a pro-life march and wearing MAGA Hats, have been slandered, pilloried, threatened, and actually endangered, physically, and all due to a false narrative.  They have had major figures in entertainment and politics, at the highest levels, not just criticize the, but stigmatize them and threaten them.  The threats of doxxing are real, coming from people like Kathy Griffin (a complete whack job) and Alyssa Milano and Bakari Sellers and a cast of thousands on Twitter.  These kids were in the wrong place at the wrong time waiting for a bus.  They have been portrayed as an unruly, disrespectful, and even racist mob when the bulk of the evidence shows that on this day at the Lincoln Memorial, they were waiting for a bus in what turned out to be the wrong place at the wrong time.

Of course, the poster I just quoted lacks the decency to admit that.  He lacks the decency to admit that the attacks on these kids in social media were so far beyond the pale to where scores of prominent adults ought be ashamed of themselves.  One would have to have some shame themselves, I suppose, to come to that right and proper conclusion.  That quality seems to be in short supply here, and Hindsight is 2020 has only compounded that problem with his participation in this thread.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #389 on: January 22, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »

I don't approve of how people treated the Parkland kids or of the more intense backlash here. Bringing up someone elses similar behavior is not a defense, as needs to be pointed out often these days.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #390 on: January 22, 2019, 10:56:27 PM »

I don't approve of how people treated the Parkland kids or of the more intense backlash here. Bringing up someone elses similar behavior is not a defense, as needs to be pointed out often these days.
David Hogg got SWATed
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #391 on: January 22, 2019, 11:00:29 PM »

David Hogg got SWATed

I meant more intense as comparative to other backlash to this situation (some people initially thought it was racist but weren't saying crazy stuff and have backed off as more facts came in) not to Parkland.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #392 on: January 22, 2019, 11:04:16 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2019, 11:11:30 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

I want to thank Snowguy for his posts in his thread, he inspired me to really look closer at this story, which before I assumed was open and shut. I frankly come down on the kids being largely innocent, for whatever that is worth, but I realize such things are open to interpretation. It seems to very much be a "what color is the dress" sort of thing.

My main issue with this is even if you think the kids should be punished, no one's really criticizing the Black Israelites who were shouting racist and homophobic slurs at this group for hours. Very few people aside from the fringiest of the fringe will defend them, and I'm not implying anyone here will. But I don't hear calls for them to be censured or suffer any negative ramifications for their actions either. Given that they are adults and in my view inarguabley created the negative, emotionally charged environment to begin with, I think it's a real blindspot to ignore their role in this and not pass any of the outrage on to them. Also worth noting that Mr. Phillips said that he got involved to begin with because he thought the students were about to attack the Israelites, a claim that I've not really seen supported in either the video or comments.

The main thing that unsettles me about this story is the quick escalation of hate. Several of the students have reported being doxxed, their family members threatened or harassed. Maybe they did act like dicks and brought it on themselves. But IMO at some point you have to wonder why that form of harassment and bullying will not be getting the media coverage(aside from the usual right wing sources) that the original story gets.

The black Israelites were assholes, per usual. But no one is criticizing them because they have exactly zero power or influence  over anyone outside themselves, other than  as beat said Annoying passersby on a particular DC street corner. Likewise, exactly zero people are defending them , and justifiably so.

again, that has exactly nothing to do with what happened between the students of the Native Americans. N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

The Black Hebrew Israelites aren't being criticized for several reasons:

1.  There is a degree of loathing of White Middle America on Atlas to the point where they will not criticize a black person (or persons) doing wrong to a white person (or persons) even in an obvious situation such as this.

2.   The narrative of the "Racist White Boys" is just too good for so many here to pass up, even in the face of the truth.  They see Brett Kavanaugh in the face of every once of those Catholic School Kids, even as they would find it unfair if someone saw Bill Cosby or Chris Brown in the fact of a group of Black High School Kids of the same age as the Covington Catholic Kids.  If black kids deserve to not be compared to Cosby or Brown (and they certainly don't deserve that), why should white Catholic kids deserve to be compared to Kavanaugh?

3.   To criticize the Black Hebrew Israelites in this situation would mean that many posters here would come to realize that they owe the Covington Catholic Kids an apology for what they posted.  That, however, would require a degree of decency that not everyone here on Atlas has attained.

Nazis don't have much power in America, but they're criticized all the time.  Ditto Stormfront, Volksfront, the KKK, and all the other Hate Groups.  The Black Hebrew Israelites are designated a Black Supremacist Group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.  If we can reach deep down to condemn White Supremacists of the stripe I've just mentioned, why can't we be as equally forceful in condemning the Black Hebrew Israelites if it's HATRED that we're condemning?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #393 on: January 22, 2019, 11:28:54 PM »

The Covington Kids [...] have been portrayed as an unruly, disrespectful, and even racist mob when the bulk of the evidence shows that on this day at the Lincoln Memorial, they were waiting for a bus in what turned out to be the wrong place at the wrong time.

You saw this as well, yes?

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #394 on: January 22, 2019, 11:35:38 PM »

Without recruiting your wall of text, Fuzzy, who and where are these white liberals unwilling to criticize the Black Hebrew Israelites?? Exclamation? Serious question! There is no one on this forum who hasn't attacked them, and justifiably so, when mentioning them, let alone actually defend them. We're in the media are there any white liberals not criticizing the Black Hebrew Israelites? If their name comes up at all.

Let's establish again for the umpteenth thousandth time. The bhi I had nothing to do with this whole incident other than a minor backdrop. It's not like the Phi in the Native Americans were some unified Auntie white block threatening these kids. The bhi being racist and insulting to these kids had it and has exactly Jack schitt to do with their subsequent responses when dealing with the Native American who invaded their space, or declaring that it's not rape if you enjoy it, etc etc.

Who and where are these white liberals unwilling to criticize the bhi, or any blacks who are members of a Bonafide hate group, fuzzy? They are literally. Only. In. Your. Mind. Which explains a lot about why you be willing to defend these catechism creeps as some sort of balance against the mythical other.

So again, every single white person who has commented about the bhi and they're involved in this matter have been more than willing and ready to criticize them, because they earned it. The only reason the bhi might not be mentioned in every breathless whisper about this case, at least some like conservatives, is they again had literally nothing to do with how these kids acted.

If somehow the bhi heckling and making vulgar bigoted statements towards these ahead kids became a national story and of itself, no one would be criticizing these kids one iota. Because the reaction to the bhi isn't being condemned, nor to my knowledge should it be, but nor on the other hand is it remotely relevant to their subsequent conduct.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #395 on: January 22, 2019, 11:36:52 PM »

They weren’t black muslims...they were black israelites which is a toxic hate movement.  They shouod be condemned wherever they go.  I can guarantee they were spewing racist and very homophobic slurs at the kids, because that’s basically all they do.

Then the Natives march right in between them trying to diffuse the situation.  The kids were being disrespectful to the Natives but the entire situation was already toxic before they even got there.

The Native Americans are the only group of the three that I sympathize with here.  But this whole episode is a perfect example of our utterly broken race relations.
Just gonna re-post this because the truth is coming together.  The amount of prejudice and kneejerk reactions and outrage spewed in this thread is, as another poster put it, staggering.  At the end of this it comes down to anblack hate group taunting kids who try to drown out their hateful slurs with school spirit chants.  Then the Native Americans come between them to diffuse things.  The students dance to the drum, disrespectfully.  The whole while the black hate group shouts hateful things at the students and Native Americans.  The students boo them and call them racist and then leave.

No ‘build the wall’, no ‘trump 2020’...none of it.

You were dooped (i was as well) by a prejudiced narrative because people assume if a white kid from the “rurals” wearing a Maga hat comes to the city, it’s to cause controversy.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/maga-hat-teens-native-american-second-video/index.html

They're from the suburbs of Cincinnati. Not "the rurals."
My post was pointing out prejudices.  To the big city livin no bra wearin hairy legged womens libbers types, the suburban parts of a city they’ve never heard of is “the rurals” ...and my term for city dwellers borrowed from a cult classic movie also shows prejudice and ignorance.  Thats the issue with this entire discussion.  Everybody has very glaringly inserted their prejudices into this discussion.  It aint pretty.  

For a guy who I've given a ton of negative feedback to, Snowguy716 has emerged as the MASSIVE FF OF THE MONTH here on Atlas.

Here's one poster who actually sided with truth, over a desired narrative.  One.  There are a few others, but he was the only one that chose truth over the desired narrative when he probably wished the other narrative were true.

That's a sad commentary on many folks here.  Especially given that the targets of the vitriol were kids.

I just got out of the hospital (an attack of high blood pressure kept me there for observation for 26 hours or so.) so I binge-watched cable TV, and the videos of this incident (ALL of them) were here for everyone to see.  As were the tweets from some of the scummiest leftists ever born that certainly don't deserve to be called "liberal". 

The real narrative is that these kids were caught waiting for a bus at the Lincoln Memorial in front of Black Hebrew Israelites calling them truly vile names, with the only thing giving them some slack was the Native American Group, whom the Black Hebrew Israelites hate even mere, gave them respite.  These are all kids, and they were all in a situation were angry grownups (the Black Hebrew Israelites) were calling them racists, incest kids, and trailer trash.  And these folks ought to be taken seriously.  The Black Hebrew Israelites are deemed a Black Supremacist organization by the Southern Poverty Law Center.  They are also very much a "Prison Religion".  Many Prisoners "join" the Black Hebrew Israelites in prisons because it is a way to have a legitimized gang sanctioned by the prison as a religion.  (Prisons are required to allow a degree of religious freedoms under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which I personally view as a mistake for various reasons.)  If the kids were nervous and afraid of this particular crowd, they had good reason to be.

In the midst of that, you have a Native American (with other Native Americans) come right up to the group and continuously chant.  Now Nathan Phillips had his reasons for what he was doing, and I don't consider him malicious, but it is pretty clear to me that the crowd of kids was not a malicious crowd either; they were there, in that location, because they were in a group, waiting for a bus.  They committed no crime.  They threatened no one.  And if Mr. Phillips indicated that he felt afraid during that situation, I cannot believe that he had enyone to fear BUT the Hebrew Israelites, who hated him and his people as much as they hated the Covington Catholic Kids.

The response to these kids by GROWNUPS, after knowing the whole situation, is infuriating.  Bakari Sellers SHOULD be terminated from CNN (for stating he wanted to punch those kids on Twitter).  Alyssa Milano should be unceremoniously removed, with a reprimand, as spokesperson for the ASPCA, for comparing these kids to the KKK in a tweet.  Kathy Griffin should be blacklisted from all gigs for calling for the doxxing of these kids, who are just that:  KIDS!  Jack Morrisey advocated KILLING the "MAGA kids" by throwing them, hats first, into a woodchipper.  Cyntoia Brown KILLED a person while he was sleeping when she was a teenager, and she gets more props and more sympathy here than kids who, while not having the tragic narrative of Cyntoia Brown, are kids who are going to school, obeying laws, and standing up for what THEY believe in (which, on this day, was the Pro-Life cause, a cause I consider to be both noble and courageous in this day and age).

Does this not bother anyone on the left here?  Is this "liberalism"?  Or is this something else.

There may be a few others, but Snowguy716 was the only Atlas liberal to go, unabashedly, against a favored narrative and speak truth.  The truth is clear now, but people are still pushing the first (proven false) narrative.  That's downright sad, and a comment of how unreachable too many people really are.

Excellent post. Couldn't have said this better myself.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #396 on: January 22, 2019, 11:38:02 PM »

If someone implied about a group of black high school students that they were Future Drug Dealers, or Tomorrow's Inmates, they'd be pilloried here.  Bans would be called for, and rightly so.  Such a statement would be cruel, bigoted, and uncalled for.  It would also be, in a Scriptural sense, speaking evil into existence. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That being said, why is your comment about date rape being in the future of these Covington Catholic boys a single solitary bit less heinious?
Hollywood
« Reply #397 on: January 22, 2019, 11:51:54 PM »

The Covington Kids [...] have been portrayed as an unruly, disrespectful, and even racist mob when the bulk of the evidence shows that on this day at the Lincoln Memorial, they were waiting for a bus in what turned out to be the wrong place at the wrong time.

You saw this as well, yes?

What exactly does this demonstrate?  It's a completely separate event without any context.  Now we're suppose to take a tape produced by a left-winger at face value after this incident?  The tape was cut.  For all we know, the girl provoked the boys by yelling "F Trump" while walking past the bench.   
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #398 on: January 23, 2019, 12:00:12 AM »

The Black Hebrew Israelites have hypnotized Ilhan Omar. May Allah awaken her to see their evil doings.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #399 on: January 23, 2019, 12:04:27 AM »

The Black Hebrew Israelites have hypnotized Ilhan Omar. May Allah awaken her to see their evil doings.

Not surprised at this response from Omar, but it's amazing how the Democratic and Republican bases have become so divided over this incident.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies