Sweden leads the world in per capita hand grenade attacks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:46:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Sweden leads the world in per capita hand grenade attacks
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sweden leads the world in per capita hand grenade attacks  (Read 912 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2019, 08:27:41 AM »

Apparently somebody brought a truck load of them in from the Balkans 15 years ago and handed them out to local criminal gangs who then proceeded to start tossing them at each other on the regular.  2015-2017 had 77 individual attacks (some involving more than one grenade)!  It slowed down some in 2018 with just 5 attacks so they're probably running out, which is good, obviously.

I just found it interesting and wanted to share.  Not a political point at all.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 08:36:57 AM »

These people really need Bruno Mars.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 04:48:08 PM »

that's why gun control just doesn't work
Omega21

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 08:08:33 PM »

Why isn't Serbia or Bosnia the #1 per grenade attacks (or other attacks) though? Surprise

There are so many guns, RPG'S, frags and even sometimes light artillery, but there doesn't seem to be many firearm-related deaths, and we definitely didn't run out of stock yet.

I mean, we did have that guy a couple years back who got caught by a stationary speed radar, and then went back to his house and got an RPG and took care of it, or someone shooting a light howitzer on a Wedding every few years, but that's about it... (And yes, I am serious: https://www.slavorum.org/war-on-surveillance-camera-bosnian-man-used-bazooka-on-police-camera/)

Lourdes
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 08:43:48 PM »

These people really need Bruno Mars.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 09:00:18 PM »

Why isn't Serbia or Bosnia the #1 per grenade attacks (or other attacks) though? Surprise

There are so many guns, RPG'S, frags and even sometimes light artillery, but there doesn't seem to be many firearm-related deaths, and we definitely didn't run out of stock yet.

I mean, we did have that guy a couple years back who got caught by a stationary speed radar, and then went back to his house and got an RPG and took care of it, or someone shooting a light howitzer on a Wedding every few years, but that's about it... (And yes, I am serious: https://www.slavorum.org/war-on-surveillance-camera-bosnian-man-used-bazooka-on-police-camera/)

More profitable to sell the stock to criminals with a higher income I suppose.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 09:06:56 AM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 11:36:58 AM »

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 05:26:17 PM »

I have been on the Sarajevo-Mostar highway. One of the most beautiful roads you will ever travel.

Bosnians are amazingly peaceful.

They did not invade Serbia or Croatia during the war. They simply struggled to defend themselves against the Chetniks. Russian-backed paramilitary warlords who watched too many Rambo films.

They were not interested in it one little bit.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 06:36:43 PM »

that's why gun control just doesn't work

Yeah, all these dozens of school kids murdered in non terrorist shootings... Oh wait, that's still an affliction unique to your country and virtually non-existent in the rest of the world that does have gun control.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies