GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 04:05:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)  (Read 59570 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: June 12, 2020, 02:48:45 PM »

Normally, I'm wary of rerunning losers. Even if they're great fundraisers like Ossoff, there's still a part of me that's hesitant.
GA is so tribal and partisan I don’t think it matters who we run. Stacey Abrams and the voter suppression stuff has Black people ready to turn out for whoever and we know the hicks are coming out full force to protect Trump. GA is going to be high turnout regardless. I think we are getting a runoff between Warnock and Collins and that’s going to be just as epic as the November general. What a time to be alive.
No way is Warnock going to win a Runoff in January especially if the Senate is already decided one way or the other. I remember the ballistic Democratic Trolls over at DailyKos in 2008 when the believed Jim Martin would pull off a Runoff Victory against Saxby Chambliss. How did that turn out?

You're citing what happened twelve years ago as a predictor for a hypothetical runoff?  The state has changed a lot since then.  I'm not saying that Warnock would necessarily be favored, but it wouldn't be a slam dunk for Collins.
Oh, I don't deny that Georgia has changed but Warnock would not get the AA Support he needs in a Runoff to win especially if the Senate is already decided.
Looking at the past few years only Popular Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards has managed to win a Runoff in a State of the Deep South. That is saying something.

If Democrats want to win in States like GA, AL, MS they have to do it outright on Election Day in November.
Sorry you don’t live here. This is not 2008. We have millions of new people on the rolls. In 2018, John Barrow and Lindy Miller got 48 percent in a run off for some down ballot races. The pastor of MLK’s old church, backed by Stacey Abrams, in the state at the center of voter suppression conversation is going to have high turnout in January. PERIOD.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #526 on: June 13, 2020, 04:27:00 PM »

Bordeaux now at 50.5
Junior Chimp

« Reply #527 on: June 18, 2020, 03:30:22 PM »

With all but 3 Precincts left to report according to the GA SoS Office Senator David Perdue has 43K more Votes than Trump.

Perdue: 958,560

Trump: 934,773

I'd say right now that Perdue is in better shap in his own Reelection Race compared to Trumps Quest to hang on to GA 15 Electoral Votes.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #528 on: June 18, 2020, 06:11:23 PM »

Lean R. The protests will determine the election.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #529 on: June 19, 2020, 07:59:05 PM »

Lean R. The protests will determine the election.

GA is a tossup at this point. Maybe Lean R if the national environment were Tossup, but in a Lean/Likely D national environment it has to be a Tossup now.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #530 on: June 19, 2020, 07:59:58 PM »

With all but 3 Precincts left to report according to the GA SoS Office Senator David Perdue has 43K more Votes than Trump.

I'd say right now that Perdue is in better shap in his own Reelection Race compared to Trumps Quest to hang on to GA 15 Electoral Votes.

You should read the disclaimer at the top of the SOS results website that says ballots cast for the March Presidential Primary haven't been added to the totals at this point.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #531 on: June 20, 2020, 07:52:53 AM »

You should read the disclaimer at the top of the SOS results website that says ballots cast for the March Presidential Primary haven't been added to the totals at this point.

He might also want to buy a calculator. Wink  958,560 - 934,773 = 23,787 (not 43K)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #532 on: June 25, 2020, 04:05:30 PM »

It really was just a media market battle.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #533 on: July 01, 2020, 06:43:28 AM »

Wow. Ossoff raised $2.3 million just since winning the primary.

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #534 on: July 09, 2020, 11:34:47 PM »

TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #535 on: July 09, 2020, 11:47:39 PM »

Both sides finally agree this is a tossup race, I see. This county map is going to be almost as insane as ME GOV 2002!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #536 on: July 09, 2020, 11:48:42 PM »

For the record/final numbers:

Trump   1033313
Perdue   992555

I wouldn't read much into these, as the drop-off - while a tad high - is for a primary and therefore more prone to volatility & protest-(non)voting.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #537 on: July 10, 2020, 01:02:17 AM »

Both sides finally agree this is a tossup race, I see. This county map is going to be almost as insane as ME GOV 2002!

It would be interesting if someone on here decided to produce a prediction of what Georgia's "joke map" would look like, with the alleged Perdue strength in the suburbs and the Ossoff strength in the rurals. I imagine that it would look similar to the 1980 Senate map between Mack Mattingly and Herman Talmadge:

I've enjoyed the memes which have been made about such a scenario on this forum.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #538 on: July 10, 2020, 01:13:05 PM »

Republicans desperately trying to rescue Suburban Perdue from total annihilation in the backcountry with a new hard-hitting, devastating attack ad which cunningly exploits past rural backlash to a condescending Anglican establishment:

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #539 on: July 10, 2020, 01:17:59 PM »

Republicans desperately trying to rescue Suburban Perdue from total annihilation in the backcountry with a new hard-hitting, devastating attack ad which cunningly exploits past rural backlash to a condescending Anglican establishment:

Are they crazy? This is only going to hurt Perdue in the Suburbs. Once the Moderate Suburbanites see this their Going to abandon Perdue in droves. Maybe he’s not as formidable as we thought.

Titanium Perdue-> Tilt Perdue
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #540 on: July 10, 2020, 01:22:21 PM »

Funny how they always use a narrator with a British accent to criticize candidates for being entitled. They did the same with Patrick Murphy in Florida four years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H15LxRk8zOg
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #541 on: July 10, 2020, 01:42:54 PM »

Are they crazy? This is only going to hurt Perdue in the Suburbs. Once the Moderate Suburbanites see this their Going to abandon Perdue in droves. Maybe he’s not as formidable as we thought.

What? Perdue also released soothing suburban ads for his base:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZStHiUUSyd8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGjeOl2JaWw
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #542 on: July 10, 2020, 01:51:02 PM »

Those are some really soothing ads. I’m gonna be honest if I lived in the Suburbs I would go straight out and change my registration from Democrat to Republican. No wonder Perdue is so beloved. He’s nothing like Trump, this man is the next Reagan.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #543 on: July 10, 2020, 02:09:09 PM »

He really knows how to woo those suburbanites with his quarter-zip pullover
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #544 on: July 10, 2020, 02:09:59 PM »

Purdue lives on a private island calling somebody privileged. Oh ok....
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #545 on: July 10, 2020, 03:00:29 PM »

Hahaha he turned the comments off cause he knew he was gonna get roasted 😂😂😂😂
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #546 on: July 11, 2020, 07:13:28 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2020, 07:59:12 PM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

This is a masterpiece in intimidation. The threat as Perdue adjusts his jacket is all too real for downballot Democrats; it's an allusion to the coattails that could sweep them aside should they try to voice support for Ossoff in his doomed bid.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #547 on: July 13, 2020, 03:54:28 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2020, 03:58:29 PM by NoobMaster69 »

I’d forgotten about this but I wonder what happened with the case about Suburban Titan Dave snatching someone’s phone at Tech. I read the guy was suing him but I assume Perdue just settled it quietly and made the guy sign an NDA.  It’d make a pretty good ad for Ossoff tho.

Edit: One woke King of the suburbs endorses his fellow woke King of the suburbs

VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #548 on: July 15, 2020, 06:28:51 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2020, 06:37:06 AM by VARepublican »

Ossoff raised $2.2 million in Q2 (excluding that $250k loan).

Perdue, too, raised $2.2 million.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #549 on: July 15, 2020, 08:52:04 AM »

Ossoff raised $2.2 million in Q2 (excluding that $250k loan).

Perdue, too, raised $2.2 million.

No, Ossosff raised $3.4M in Q2

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-senate-ossoff-amasses-since-winning-primary/SZQereEAq1CO7UsbPhhGgM/
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies