GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:52:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)  (Read 60250 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: May 07, 2020, 03:26:22 PM »

Was reading about this race earlier & had a question that I'm hoping GA posters (and people generally in the know will know)

Why is there such a lack of a strong/well known candidate? The field looks on paper like the type of field you see from democrats in places like South Dakota.

I mean the three leading candaites are a former congressional staffer, a pastor and a surname... I know I'm being flippant but I'm surprised there isn't a well know recruit (who could absord a load of fundraising & push this seat higher up) either someone who served in Congress, the State House or some relatively big name like Sally Yates

I also wonder if it's the reason why Georgia seems quite low on the list of targets.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #426 on: May 07, 2020, 11:02:58 PM »

Was reading about this race earlier & had a question that I'm hoping GA posters (and people generally in the know will know)

Why is there such a lack of a strong/well known candidate? The field looks on paper like the type of field you see from democrats in places like South Dakota.

I mean the three leading candaites are a former congressional staffer, a pastor and a surname... I know I'm being flippant but I'm surprised there isn't a well know recruit (who could absord a load of fundraising & push this seat higher up) either someone who served in Congress, the State House or some relatively big name like Sally Yates

I also wonder if it's the reason why Georgia seems quite low on the list of targets.
If I had to guess, everyone pretty much wants to run in two years for statewide office. Frankly, the senate sucks and it gives the state two more years of shifting. I’d much rather be an AG or SoS than a senator.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #427 on: May 19, 2020, 11:54:45 AM »

Lmao this is turning into a creeper race.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #428 on: May 19, 2020, 06:06:19 PM »

This seems delusional. She's polling lower than Ossoff against Perdue, so how are Dems squandering it?

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #429 on: May 19, 2020, 06:48:34 PM »

This seems delusional. She's polling lower than Ossoff against Perdue, so how are Dems squandering it?

Perdue is at 45% against Ossoff, Tomlinson and Amico. The differences in Perdue's margin comes down to variations only in their figures, which is mostly name recognition. Turnout will be the key differentiator between the candidates in Georgia.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #430 on: May 19, 2020, 07:09:07 PM »

Tomlinson should put up or shut up. The reason she is losing to Ossoff is because her campaign sucks, not because national Democrats are ignoring her.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #431 on: May 19, 2020, 07:10:51 PM »

she's right, we could squander this chance against Purdue. We'd be doing it by nominating her.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #432 on: May 24, 2020, 08:37:58 PM »

If we go to a run off between her and Ossoff it's going to get nasty. Her high profile surrogates and staff have very colorful language about Ossoff's candidacy.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #433 on: June 06, 2020, 01:00:22 PM »

I finally did my absentee ballot yesterday and just went ahead and voted for Tomlinson. I think she’s going to get blown out after the latest round of polling so I might as well vote for who was closest to me on policy!

The final margin will be interesting but the past week has shown Tomlinson is desperate to pull him under 50 and he is already looking toward November and pumped an extra $450k of his own money into the campaign to shut this thing down Tuesday.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2020, 07:10:04 PM »

I finally did my absentee ballot yesterday and just went ahead and voted for Tomlinson. I think she’s going to get blown out after the latest round of polling so I might as well vote for who was closest to me on policy!

The final margin will be interesting but the past week has shown Tomlinson is desperate to pull him under 50 and he is already looking toward November and pumped an extra $450k of his own money into the campaign to shut this thing down Tuesday.

..... so if you don't mind me asking, why wouldn't you rather help Ossoff blow past 50 so he doesn't have to deal with another primary? It would make it a hell of a lot easier for him to win in Nov if he didn't have to deal with another runoff.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #435 on: June 06, 2020, 08:55:36 PM »

..... so if you don't mind me asking, why wouldn't you rather help Ossoff blow past 50 so he doesn't have to deal with another primary? It would make it a hell of a lot easier for him to win in Nov if he didn't have to deal with another runoff.
I've told everyone who has asked me who to vote for to vote for Ossoff. If my one *quietly cast* vote for Tomlinson sends this thing to a run off, my bad y'all.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #436 on: June 06, 2020, 09:36:44 PM »

Fortunately for Ossoff, I think he's in good enough position to avoid a runoff assuming that Landmark poll is pretty much correct.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #437 on: June 08, 2020, 01:17:22 PM »

Tomlinson should put up or shut up. The reason she is losing to Ossoff is because her campaign sucks, not because national Democrats are ignoring her.

Does her campaign suck, though?  I mean, just because she's losing doesn't necessarily mean she's run a bad campaign.  I haven't been following this race super closely for a few weeks, but my outside take is that her campaign has been fine.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #438 on: June 08, 2020, 01:21:30 PM »

Does her campaign suck, though?  I mean, just because she's losing doesn't necessarily mean she's run a bad campaign.  I haven't been following this race super closely for a few weeks, but my outside take is that her campaign has been fine.

Not it hasn't. Her fundraising would have been unimpressive even for a House candidate and she has already shaken up her campaign team once.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #439 on: June 08, 2020, 01:32:43 PM »

Does her campaign suck, though?  I mean, just because she's losing doesn't necessarily mean she's run a bad campaign.  I haven't been following this race super closely for a few weeks, but my outside take is that her campaign has been fine.

Not it hasn't. Her fundraising would have been unimpressive even for a House candidate and she has already shaken up her campaign team once.

Right, but lousy fundraising isn't necessarily a result of bad campaigning.  It seems like Ossoff started with a massive donor list and a clear fundraising advantage that just crowded Tomlinson out, despite her early start.  What's more, there were several potential high-profile candidates waiting in the wings for months (Abrams, McBath, Yates, etc.), and that uncertainty kept Tomlinson from being able to lock up support.  It's hard to see what her campaign could do about all that.  Lastly, shaking up an underperforming campaign team seems like good decision-making on Tomlinson's part, even if it was ultimately ineffective.  I guess my point is that politics is as much circumstance/luck as it is skill/talent.  It doesn't seem fair to castigate Tomlinson for factors beyond her control.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #440 on: June 09, 2020, 11:54:51 AM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #441 on: June 09, 2020, 01:44:22 PM »

I'm livid. Dem leaders and party activists need to put the pressure on the local BOEs now in preparation for November. This is unconscionable.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #442 on: June 09, 2020, 01:53:58 PM »

I'm livid. Dem leaders and party activists need to put the pressure on the local BOEs now in preparation for November. This is unconscionable.

And yet completely expected.  The Republicans responsible for this attack on democracy need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law wherever possible.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #443 on: June 09, 2020, 05:11:49 PM »

Fulton County polls will remain open until 9pm per order of the county Superior Court.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #444 on: June 09, 2020, 06:20:13 PM »

Thanks John Roberts
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #445 on: June 09, 2020, 09:30:33 PM »

At this point, Democrats should probably be rooting for Ossoff to clear 50 to avoid a runoff. I like Tomlinson, but Ossoff is showing some strength in these early numbers and the Atlanta metro isn’t even in yet
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #446 on: June 10, 2020, 01:56:18 AM »

At this point, Democrats should probably be rooting for Ossoff to clear 50 to avoid a runoff. I like Tomlinson, but Ossoff is showing some strength in these early numbers and the Atlanta metro isn’t even in yet

Yup. Or Tomlinson drops out. Ossoff is leading 48-14% with 90% of the vote in. I don't know any example a candidate this far behind still pulled it off in a runoff.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #447 on: June 10, 2020, 02:07:53 AM »

Yup. Or Tomlinson drops out. Ossoff is leading 48-14% with 90% of the vote in. I don't know any example a candidate this far behind still pulled it off in a runoff.
Re: Tomlinson dropping out- not happening:

Voting for Ossoff in August. 😩😬
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #448 on: June 10, 2020, 02:56:17 AM »

Maya Dillard-Smith seems to have come out of nowhere to have kept up with Amico and Tomlinson. Is it a given that Tomlinson will be in second place?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #449 on: June 10, 2020, 03:37:03 AM »

Re: Tomlinson dropping out- not happening:

Voting for Ossoff in August. 😩😬

Give her a few days. If Georgia Democrats coalesce around Ossoff and her fundraising continues to be as pathetic as it is now then she will have no reason to continue a quixotic campaign.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies