Announcing the Creation of the Project for the New Atlasian Century
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:16:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Announcing the Creation of the Project for the New Atlasian Century
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Announcing the Creation of the Project for the New Atlasian Century  (Read 1403 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2005, 12:43:26 AM »

So is this basically a neo-conservative organization?

Apparently so.  The real-life PNAC wants America to fully control the world in every sphere of influence available, as well as pour funding into a Space Military.

Well, they do want America to be the dominate force in foriegn policy for the next century, but the ultimate aim of the organization is to bring about a "Democratic Peace", so that countries won't need us to influence world events so much, anymore.

Also, this process is highly dependent on the United States building up more and stronger alliances, and building on cooperation with those allies.

I hardly call that facist, or imperialistic, or scary.  You attempt to make it sound like their final goal is so that America will dominate the world.  That isn't it at all.  Their final goal is for democratic government and pluralism to be the driving force of the world.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2005, 12:45:23 AM »

He is the website, in case anyone is interested in hearing what they have to say in their own words.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2005, 12:46:54 AM »

I have never seen a single positive thing about this on any left wing site. Therefore, there is obviously things wrong with it.

Oh yeah, anything involving Jeane Kirkpatrick is not frinedly to democracy.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2005, 12:59:09 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2005, 01:00:54 AM by Supersoulty »

I have never seen a single positive thing about this on any left wing site. Therefore, there is obviously things wrong with it.

Yeah, that is sound logic.  Kinda like "I never see anything good about the Populists on Libertarian websites.  So populists must be bad."  Or "I never see anything good about the Jews and Blacks on neo-Nazi websites.  So Jews and Blacks must be bad."

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I thought that once, too.  However, if you have read anything done by her in the past ten years, she has come out more solidly against some of the policies she herself implimented in places like Central America, now that the Soviet Union has been defeated.

P.S. And if you are going to point out one person to discredit an entire organization, then I am pretty sure any group you support is fair game for me to rip on.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2005, 01:01:25 AM »

Nuking Iran is really not such a bad idea.  Provided that it's done after nuking Mecca.  Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2005, 01:03:08 AM »

x Supersoulty
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2005, 02:51:06 AM »

So is this basically a neo-conservative organization?

Apparently so.  The real-life PNAC wants America to fully control the world in every sphere of influence available, as well as pour funding into a Space Military.

I mean, I'd consider myself a hawk, but that's a little bit crazy.

Perhaps I exaggerated a little there, but the general intent still applies, I believe.  I read up on them here.

There's not really much to object to in that article, though it is interesting that you have such strng feelings about the organization yet apparently haven't read their primary documents.

The militarization of space is of course inevtibale, in fact it has already begun.  Can anyone doubt that the US military for 30 years has relied on military platforms in outer space (communications networks, reconaissance satellites, ballistic missiles)?  It doesn't seem rational to me to pretend that the militarization of space is a future event that should be avoided, when its obviously a current and long standing condition that should be exploited.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2005, 01:13:45 PM »

There's not really much to object to in that article, though it is interesting that you have such strng feelings about the organization yet apparently haven't read their primary documents.

I don't really intend to read them, to be quite honest.  I'm usually quite dismissive of most pressure groups, and this one is no exception.

The militarization of space is of course inevtibale, in fact it has already begun.  Can anyone doubt that the US military for 30 years has relied on military platforms in outer space (communications networks, reconaissance satellites, ballistic missiles)?  It doesn't seem rational to me to pretend that the militarization of space is a future event that should be avoided, when its obviously a current and long standing condition that should be exploited.

Perhaps I've been watching too many sci-fi movies, but I really hope that the human race never sees the day when a Death Star (or something similar) becomes a reality.  A major argument against space exploration in general is that we still have too many concerns down here on Earth.  Wars and other diplomatic disagreements are a good example of this.  If anybody wants to start a war anywhere at any time, for the sake of humanity just keep it on your own turf.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2005, 02:34:20 PM »

I don't really intend to read them, to be quite honest.  I'm usually quite dismissive of most pressure groups, and this one is no exception.

How is it that you find room to talk about something you admittedly know little about?  I'm not trying to be nasty, but seriously, how can you be so dismissive of a group for their views, when you aren't even too certain what those views are.  You shouldn't just repeat back what you here from others, you should acctually go and see for yourself what is being said.  To do anything else only makes you look bad.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I sympathis.  However, I think we are talking about a misunderstanding of terms here.  I believe the real PNAC is mainly talking about protection of our communications and intel satilites which are quite vulnerable to any major power.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2005, 02:46:34 PM »

I sympathis.  However, I think we are talking about a misunderstanding of terms here.  I believe the real PNAC is mainly talking about protection of our communications and intel satilites which are quite vulnerable to any major power.

Yes, certainly the weakest link in the American military, should we ever face off against a capable nation, would be our space based platforms.  We cannot function without them, yet we have no meaningful way to defend them.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2005, 02:51:27 PM »

x John  Ford

Just to make it official.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix