The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Signup/Info Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:35:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Signup/Info Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Signup/Info Thread)  (Read 11137 times)
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2019, 12:14:48 PM »

Too late to join?
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »

Not really too late to join until June (this one's in real time), but gameplay doesn't start until next Monday.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2019, 02:23:53 PM »

Not really too late to join until June (this one's in real time), but gameplay doesn't start until next Monday.
Can I join as Beto O’Rourke?
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2019, 03:11:56 PM »

Can I join as Beto O’Rourke?

Absolutely.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2019, 03:16:04 PM »

Can I join as Mayor Pete
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2019, 03:19:10 PM »

You got it.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2019, 03:20:04 PM »

God Please No!
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2019, 06:08:11 PM »

Can I have Paul Ryan?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2019, 06:39:03 PM »

Finally, an actual Republican who people would take seriously if they ran for President (sorry Lisa Murkowski)!
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2019, 06:50:19 PM »

I'd like to play as Jay Inslee.
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2019, 07:06:47 PM »

Finally, an actual Republican who people would take seriously if they ran for President (sorry Lisa Murkowski)!

I can't help but find it funny that your first answer was Murkowski instead of Shapiro. Lol.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2019, 07:15:07 PM »

I can't help but find it funny that your first answer was Murkowski instead of Shapiro. Lol.

Murkowksi (and Renacci) are the kind of candidates who probably would run, but would never get any traction in a Republican Primary.

Shapiro wouldn't even bother running in the first place.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2019, 07:21:16 PM »

Murkowksi (and Renacci) are the kind of candidates who probably would run, but would never get any traction in a Republican Primary.

I think Renacci would have run if he won which is why I switched because I don't think he has a viable path with so much failure around him and Carly Fiorina actually would run and irl did pretty well for a little
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2019, 07:28:48 PM »

I think Renacci would have run if he won which is why I switched because I don't think he has a viable path with so much failure around him and Carly Fiorina actually would run and irl did pretty well for a little

I imagine in this TL, Fiornia would be a candidate in 2020...but I can't her seriously, especially compared to Romney, given her failures at Hewlett Packard.

Someone like Nikki Haley, Susana Martinez or Sarah Palin would more credible to Republican voters (especially Palin).

Speaking of Palin, would someone (not me) be interested in playing as her?
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2019, 10:37:16 PM »

Sorry, all; I was busy for a few hours; yes, you can play as your requested candidates.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2019, 12:08:12 AM »

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Lester Holt and Chuck Todd

Holt: Good evening. I'm Lester Holt...

Todd: And I'm Chuck Todd.

Both: And this is your Election Update.

Holt: And if you thought we had a storm of candidates for you two days ago, just wait. We've got plenty in store for you tonight.

Todd: Undoubtedly, Lester. But first, we begin with a statement from a candidate who appears to be leaving the race, rather than joining.

Renacci (recorded): Well, when I formed this committee, I thought the field was going to be pretty wide open, and now you've got Murkowski, you've got Baker, hell, you've got the Vice President! I know I can't beat that, so I'm probably not running, when it all hits the fan.

Holt: As Renacci leaves, however, he is replaced by FIVE other Republicans. Let's take you through them.

Holt: First, we have the most popular governor in the country, Charlie Baker of Massachusetts.

Todd: Baker was the first Republican candidate holding statewide office to express significant interest in the top job, and many view him as a top contender.

Holt: He does tower over the competition.

Todd: *Laughs* What Lester's referencing there, folks, is the fact that Charlie Baker is also the tallest governor in the country, at 6'6".

Holt: Jokes aside, though, next up we have Carly Fiorina, the CEO of Hewlett-Packard.

Todd: Fiorina has long been viewed as a contender, calling for greater conservative change whenever President Romney signed one of his reforms, but never actively attacking the President, either.

Holt: Clever politics, that. Next up we have a very familiar face on the conservative commentary scene, Ben Shapiro.

Todd: Shapiro something of a firebrand in Republican ranks, who is old enough to run for the first time this election.

Holt: Indeed, and it'll be interesting to see who ends up backing such an outsider. Obviously, Democrats showed their love of outsiders with Bernie Sanders, which has led others, such as Celia Curtis, to join that race.

Todd: Yes, and we now have a file photo for Mrs. Curtis, as well. We apologize for not showing one during our last update.

Holt: Yes, we really did need that. Next up on the Republican list is Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski, one of the most well-known Republican mavericks following the unfortunate passing of John McCain.

Todd: Murkowski taking a more technogenic approach than some of her competitors and announcing her exploratory committee as a video.

Holt: It's something that has a mixed success rating; you'll remember than Secretary Clinton announced her candidacy in a video, and, well...

Todd: Yeah.

Holt: And finally, before we switch over to the Democrats, we have the man every pundit has been speculating about since November 9, 2016, Vice President Paul Ryan.

Todd: Well, it's not entirely surprising. Of all the Vice Presidents to two-term Presidents, Dick Cheney is the only one since 1952 to not run as his party's next nominee.

Holt: Still, though, it's nice to put the speculation to rest, at long last.

Holt: Moving on to the Democrats now, we have Florida Governor Alex Sink.

Todd: Sink defeating incumbent Republican Rick Scott in a 2014 rematch, and now apparently attempting to move from the Governor's Mansion of the third-largest state in the country, to the Executive Mansion.

Holt:: Governor Sink often viewed as a power player because of her status, but how will she perform against candidates like Stacey Abrams, Sherrod Brown, and even Barack Obama?

Holt: Next up is South Bend, Indiana, mayor Pete Buttigieg. Buttigieg attempting to become the first mayor to be elected President directly, as well as to become the nation's first openly homosexual President.

Todd: It's quite the climb, Lester.

Holt: Indeed it is. Next up we have former Representative Beto O'Rourke, who lost to Texas Senator Ted Cruz by a mere 1.7 points last November in his bid to unseat the conservative bastion.

Todd: O'Rourke has become a darling of the media (ourselves included) since then, although this...

Todd: ...was a bit much.

Holt: *Laughs* The TMI election, that's what this is.

Holt: And we close out tonight's exploding presidential primary fields with Washington Governor Jay Inslee.

Todd: Inslee a major environmental reform advocate, but many outside that field draw something of a blank on him.

Holt: Well, he's got thirteen months to make his case before Iowa, and that goes for all the other candidates, too.

Holt: Next up, we have a slew of endorsements. Some are fairly tentative, but it shows just how much politicians from both parties are fired up this year for their favorite candidates.

Rep. Barbara Comstock (VA-10) (recorded): Carly Fiorina is my idea of a true Virginian: someone willing to work hard and fight for what she believes in. And that's why I'm proud to say I'm endorsing her for President of the United States today.

Sen. Susan Collins (ME) (recorded): Lisa and I have always been pretty adamant about being willing to step in and tell President Romney if we think he's messed up somewhere. I'd trust her with my life, and I fully intend to trust her with my country.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (MA) (recorded): Now, now. I know what you're all thinking. "Why aren't you with Stacey Abrams or Beto O'Rourke right now, or, better yet, working on your own campaign? Well, while I'm not fully decided on that last bit, I will admit that John, in the two years we worked together as Senators from Massachusetts, showed me a lot of what I needed to know to get my progressive legislation through the Senate and onto the President's desk. Never mind that he always vetoed it.

*Crowd laughs*

So, yes, against what some would consider my better judgment, I'm endorsing my Senate floor mentor, John Kerry, for President.

Joe Biden (recorded): All right, look. I'm 75. Do I want to run? Yes. Should I run? I don't really think so. Am I out? Probably, but not definitely. Would I rather see another four years of your 44th President, Barack Obama? Hell yes, I would! Here's to you, you articulate man, you!

Holt: And that's all the endorsements for tonight, it would appear. Meanwhile, we suppose we can throw in a little news that's relevant to this year, while we're here.

Todd: Yes, we can. President Romney today was seen speaking heatedly with his Commerce Secretary, Rick Santorum. Many believe there was some mention of the stock downturn that some assert may portend a recession. At the moment, we can only speculate as to what was actually said, bur there are already rumors that Secretary Santorum may soon be departing the Romney administration.

Holt: And that will be all for tonight. Thank you for joining us for this Election Update.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2019, 05:06:10 AM »

Screw it. I'll take Tulsi.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2019, 08:41:58 AM »

Beto O’Rourke Announcement Speech

“My fellow Americans. Thank You all for coming tonight. I’m here because for the past eight years we have been failed. Our president has failed us. I’m here because we need a fresh face in the White House! I’m here because I’m running for President!
*crowd cheers*
Ladies and gentlemen when I’m president the first thing I will do is make sure every American is represented! No matter the race, religion, income, or sexuality! All Americans will be equal! I love you all! God Bless you”
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2019, 09:38:58 AM »

Got it.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #169 on: January 14, 2019, 10:01:32 AM »

IA:
01: Rod Blum (R)
02: Dave Loebsack (D)
03: David Young (R)
04: Steve King (R)
NH:
01: Eddie Edwards (R)
02: Ann Kuster (D)
SC:
01: Mark Sanford (R)
02: Joe Wilson (R)
03: Jeff Duncan (R)
04: William Timmons (R)
05: Ralph Norman (R)
06: Jim Clyburn (D)
07: Tom Rice (R)
NV:
01: Dina Titus (D)
02: Mark Amodei (R)
03: Susie Lee (D)
04: Steven Horsford (D)

The House list from DatGOTTho
I PM'd him about it
MassachusettsModerate
« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2019, 04:02:36 PM »

Can I jump in as Nikki Haley?

Haley will make a formal announcement at the Grand Luxe Event and Corporate Center in North Charleston, South Carolina this evening.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2019, 04:13:25 PM »

Can I jump in as Nikki Haley?

Haley will make a formal announcement at the Grand Luxe Event and Corporate Center in North Charleston, South Carolina this evening.

Sure.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2019, 09:49:24 PM »

Republican primary prediction

Dark Red: Carly Fiorina
Green: Nikki Haley
Dark Green: Alevda King
Dark Blue: Lisa Murkowski
Blue: Charlie Baker
Red: Paul Ryan

Some of the close states off face value were Florida (Between King and Haley) and California (Between Fiorina and Sharipo). In Florida, I decided Haley because of name recognition and the outsider vote splitting. California, I went for Fiorina because she has actually won a primary in California before even if she didn't win a general election
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2019, 10:00:28 PM »

Also, I think we should have some straw polls like irl in the game too
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2019, 10:12:46 PM »

My guess as to the Democratic Primary.

Red is Obama

Gray is Kerry

Yellow is Sink

Light Blue is Brown

Light Green is O'Rourke

Dark Green is Gabbard

Obama wins almost everywhere, but he loses the majority of Superdelegates, and drops enough pledged delegates to force a contested convention.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies