Gov. Andrew Cuomo wants to make abortion a constitutional right in NY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:46:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gov. Andrew Cuomo wants to make abortion a constitutional right in NY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gov. Andrew Cuomo wants to make abortion a constitutional right in NY  (Read 2618 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 08, 2019, 07:49:39 PM »

Agreed. The only way to prevent encroachment upon this human right is to make it a constitutional right, thereby practically eliminating chances for the rightwing to chip away at it.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:20:50 PM »

Agreed. The only way to prevent encroachment upon this human right is to make it a constitutional right, thereby practically eliminating chances for the rightwing to chip away at it.

I'm presuming you would support an amendment to the federal Constitution to enshrine abortion.

Yes. Although I’m no supporter of the Constitution, at least as long as we have it we can use it for progressive, human rights oriented ends.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 10:25:57 PM »

I'm presuming you would support an amendment to the federal Constitution to enshrine abortion.

Yes. Although I’m no supporter of the Constitution, at least as long as we have it we can use it for progressive, human rights oriented ends.

Well, that is your opinion. I personally would not support such a move, but as I've said before, I've come to accept allowing abortion for the first trimester of pregnancy. And it is New York's right, as a sovereign state, to add this provision to it's Constitution, though I don't support that either.

Obviously it’s my opinion; I never stated it was an objective fact.

What a person chooses to do with their body is none of your business, nor mine. This is especially true on an issue pertaining to women in a patriarchal society wherein men have unreasonable and unjustifiable power over female bodies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies