Re: Swiss elections and referenda - New Federal Councilor(s) election 7 December (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:46:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Re: Swiss elections and referenda - New Federal Councilor(s) election 7 December (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Re: Swiss elections and referenda - New Federal Councilor(s) election 7 December  (Read 52995 times)
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« on: May 21, 2021, 10:26:49 AM »

It will be joined by the Juso's "99% initiative", which would tax revenues generated from capital (ie dividends, interest) at 150% the rate at which revenues generated from work are taxed.

Will you vote for this?
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 10:50:43 AM »

It will be joined by the Juso's "99% initiative", which would tax revenues generated from capital (ie dividends, interest) at 150% the rate at which revenues generated from work are taxed.

Will you vote for this?

Definitely, although it's really not as radical as presented, as it still doesn't bring in a genuine tax on capital gains/capital that should exist. In any case, it doesn't have a hope in hell because of the all encompassing "IT WILL CRASH THE ECONOMY!!!" tag line and because it is a pretty compllicated topic that is very easily misrepresented. I have already seen it described as a "150% tax rate on dividends and interest" which is... absolutely not what the proposition is.

That's what I thought it was when I first read it (I re-read it and realised it wasn't).
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 11:35:46 AM »

Not especially important news - but I'm posting it, because I've ranted about it other threads before, and it brings me joy to compare us to our reactionary western neighbours. Anyway, French Swiss schools have decided that they will begin teaching the reformed (ie simplified) French spelling

How is onion spelt under this?
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 08:20:56 AM »

The wealthy suburbs of Geneva which voted >80% No to the 99% thing seem pretty lukewarm in their support of same-sex marriage. 61% in Cologny/Vandoeuvres compared to 65% nationally. Is it primarily financial services in these parts?
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 09:27:34 AM »

the lowest support being in Appenzell Innerrhoden at 50,8% - this being the canton that only gave women the vote in 1990, so it's still quite a big change in mindset.

This is a CVP stronghold right? Very religious?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies