Southern Legislation Introduction Thread - 2019/2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:42:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southern Legislation Introduction Thread - 2019/2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Southern Legislation Introduction Thread - 2019/2020  (Read 13774 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« on: August 16, 2020, 01:50:25 PM »

AN ACT
to protect statues of historical figures in the South

Section 1 (Title & Definitions)
i. The title of this act shall be, the “Protecting Our History"

Section 2 (Protecting Statues)
i. Anyone who takes down or participates in taking down a statue of a historical figure will be fined $500 for destroying public property. Citizens may choose to take down a statue only by a ballot referendum in an election.
ii. Police departments in jurisdictions where a historical statue is taken down will be compensated $250.

Section 3 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall come into effect immediately upon signature by the Governor.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 02:22:53 PM »

AN ACT
to give families more time to spend with their children and increase productivity

i. The title of this act shall be, the “Fair Workweek Act."

Section 2 (Workweek reduction)
i. The workweek shall be reduced from 40 hours to 35 hours.
ii. Unless exempt, employees covered by the Act must receive overtime pay for hours worked over 35 in a workweek at a rate not less than time and one-half their regular rates of pay.

i. This legislation shall come into effect immediately upon signature by the Governor.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 04:54:51 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2020, 05:16:32 PM by DTC »

AN ACT
to give families more security and opportunity

i. The title of this act shall be, the “Family Opportunity Fund."
ii. The "beginning of a month" is the 1st

Section 2 (Universal Child Dividend)
i. Every family will be mailed $500 per child at the beginning of every month ($6,000 a year).
ii. This bill will be paid for by a 5% income tax on incomes above $100,000

Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 08:12:51 PM »

AN ACT
To give assistance to sports stadiums to bring character and normality back to an emotionally heartbroken region

Section 1: Naming and Definitions.

I. The name of this act shall be: BRING SPORTS BACK Act.

Section 2: Sport stadium funding

I. Sport stadiums and teams should be given $10,000,000 in grants in order to provide relief for them during the COVID-19 pandemic.
II. Sport stadiums are to be allowed to have at least 25% capacity.
III. Local governments are not allowed to prevent teams from playing official games.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 06:00:12 PM »

AN ACT
To support federal officers in enforcing our laws

I. The name of this act shall be: "Enforcing Our Laws"
II. "Sanctuary cities" is defined as a city whose municipal laws tend to protect undocumented immigrants from deportation or prosecution, despite federal immigration law.

Section 2: End Sanctuary Cities

I. Cities are not allowed to declare themselves as "Sanctuary Cities". They must comply with federal immigration enforcement.

Section 3: Religious Protection

I. Southern law enforcement will not carry out immigration arrests on property owned by religious groups.

Section 4: Immigration Statement

I. The southern chamber declares, "The south welcomes all immigrants who come to the south legally. Legal immigrants enrich our culture with their diverse perspectives and backgrounds".
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 12:55:50 AM »

I'm reintroducing this bill. It has been modified slightly since the last chamber

AN ACT
To support federal officers in enforcing our laws

I. The name of this act shall be: "Enforcing Our Laws"
II. "Sanctuary cities" is defined as a city whose municipal laws protect illegal immigrants against deportation, prosecution, or cooperation with federal immigration authority.

Section 2: End Sanctuary Cities

I. Cities are not allowed to declare themselves as "Sanctuary Cities". They must comply with federal immigration enforcement.

Section 3: Religious Protection

I. Southern law enforcement will not carry out immigration arrests on property owned by religious groups.

Section 4: Immigration Statement

I. The southern chamber declares, "The south welcomes all immigrants who come to the south legally. Legal immigrants enrich our culture with their diverse perspectives and backgrounds".
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 01:37:03 AM »

AN ACT
to make Christmas wholesome again

I. The name of this act shall be: Christmas Cheer Act

Section 2: Costumes

On Christmas, the following costumes will be worn in the chamber:
I. The Governor will wear a Santa costume
II. The southern speaker will wear an Elf costume
III. The southern delegates will wear a Reindeer costume
III. The southern deputy speaker will wear a Rudolph costume

Section 3: Christmas Card
I. A Christmas card of Benson will be sent to everyone in the South. The Christmas card will say, "Merry Christmas from the Benson family. We wish you the best during these trying times. The Coronavirus pandemic and economic recession has put a lot of stress on everyone. Let the people around you know that they are loved during the holidays, and may God and the South always be with you. Times may be Ruff, but we'll have a bone together when the dust is settled." - Benson

Section 4: Christmas Goodies

I. All "Happy Holidays" signs on government property will be changed to "Merry Christmas"
II. Carrots will have a 0% tax rate until March 1, 2021
III. Chocolate and hot chocolate will have a 0% tax rate until March 1, 2021
III. All elected officials of the Labor party who reside in the South will be sent coal in the mail.
IV. A $100,000 check will be written to the coal mine with the best Labor standards. Only coal mines that employ 50 employees or more are eligible to win this contest. The winning mine must send the southern government their highest quality coal possible.
V. All Elves employed in the south must be guaranteed $200 extra hazard pay until January 1, 2021
VI. All cable news networks will be required to run Holiday movies from 8 PM to 10 PM on the week of December 21 - December 25. It's time to take a break from the news.

Section 5: Funding

I. Labor party officeholders will send a $500 check from their salary to the Southern government to make up for their war on coal and Christmas
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies