Southern Legislation Introduction Thread - 2019/2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:32:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southern Legislation Introduction Thread - 2019/2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Southern Legislation Introduction Thread - 2019/2020  (Read 13745 times)
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« on: February 13, 2020, 02:34:08 AM »

Zero-Rating Act (ZRA):

Section 1 (Definitions):
i."Zero-rating" is defined as "the practice of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) allowing customers to access certain content without that traffic count against their data caps."
ii."Zero-rated content" is defined as the "content which ISPs do not count against customer's data caps."

Section 2 (Permissible Zero-Rating):
i. The Southern Region shall permit the practice of zero-rating, provided that ISPs determine which content is zero-rated according to technical requirements (i.e. bandwidth, video resolution, etc.), and do not discriminate against content which meets those technical requirements.
ii. ISPs offering zero-rated plans in the Southern Region shall publish the technical requirements used to determine which content can be zero-rated under their plans.

Section 3 (Waivers):
i. ISPs with less than 1/10th market share in the Southern Region can apply for a waiver to exempt themselves from the content non-discrimination requirement
ii. ISPs with greater than 1/10th market share in the Southern Region are prohibited from applying for waivers from the content non-discrimination requirement, and any pre-existing waivers are voided within a year of companies attaining greater than 1/10th market share

Section 4 (Enforcement):
i. the Attorney General is empowered to enforce this act by reasonable means, and initiate civil suits against ISPs found to be violating any provisions of this law

---

Introducing this bill for consideration in the current session.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 01:35:13 AM »

Southern Hospitality Act

Whereas, the Atlasian region of Lincoln has elected to the speakership an anti-alcohol extremist.
Whereas, the comsumption of alcohol is both a Southern & Atlasian Tradition.
Therefore the Southern Region will assist those facing hardship in the legal purchasing of alcohol in Lincoln.
It is hereby resolved that:

1. The Southern Region will set up small business grants to those small businesses selling alcohol within 50 miles of the Lincoln-South border.

2. The Southern Regional law enforcement agencies will not cooperate in any Lincoln alcohol possession investigations.

3. The Southern Region will provide a grant for new "tipsy tourism businesses"
   a] Tipsy Tourism is defined as; businesses providing sober driver services to more than one passenger.

4. The Regional Anti-Drunk Driving Levy (aka the R.A.D.D. Levy) will apply to
    a] Spirits @ $0.02 per fluid oz
    b] non-spirits @ $0.01 per fluid oz
    c] R.A.D.D levy will be used to fund the small business grants, anti-drunk driving advertising campaigns, alcoholic rehabilitation programs and rural road maintenance.

I co-sponsor this legislation, and would like it brought to the floor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies