Southern Legislation Introduction Thread - 2019/2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:57:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southern Legislation Introduction Thread - 2019/2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Southern Legislation Introduction Thread - 2019/2020  (Read 13776 times)
diptheriadan

« on: April 28, 2020, 12:56:54 PM »
« edited: May 02, 2020, 05:18:58 PM by diptheriadan »

Introducing a constitutional amendment:

Changing our Capitol Amendment

The following changes will be made to the Southern Constitution, Article I, Section 2:

2. The regional capital for The South established in this Constitution shall be Nashville, Tennessee Austin, Texas. The region may also be referred to as the Southern Region.

If it must be changed (and I can definitely see a case for doing so, mostly because Nashville is a sh!t city), it should be changed to something like New Orleans, Memphis, or Atlanta. Can Austin even be described as a Southern city, at least to the same degree as the ones mentioned.

EDIT: Another possibility is to have the capital change seasonally. New Orleans for winter, Austin for fall, St. Louis for summer, and Atlanta for spring would cover pretty much all major regional divisions of the South, as well as avoid extreme weather.
diptheriadan

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 10:47:56 PM »

A RESOLUTION
condemning President Pericles

Whereas, the autonomy of the Chamber of Delegates from outside intervention is sacrosanct;

Whereas, President Pericles has obviously and verifiably targeted a member of this Chamber;

Be it resolved, that the Chamber of Delegates:

1. Officially condemns President Pericles for his actions

I have no idea if I formatted this right, but it's pretty straight-forward what this resolution is and does. As for it's title, let's just call it the Chamber Sacrosanctity Resolution. That's sounds nice and pompous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies