2019 India April–May LS general elections and assembly elections of 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:39:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2019 India April–May LS general elections and assembly elections of 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2019 India April–May LS general elections and assembly elections of 2019  (Read 65361 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« on: March 26, 2019, 05:53:56 PM »

Why is Rahul Gandhi a bad candidate?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 07:17:34 AM »

He is a total moron in every way and would make Trump look like Einstein
LOL, my parents say that he is

I actually think Rahul Gandhi has grown a lot as a candidate since 2014 and is now fairly effective on the stump and on social media.  His main weakness is that he is an ineffective leader.  In short he does not have a killer instinct with a clear purpose.  Whatever you can say about Modi-Shah combine, but their focus on victory conveys a clear purpose and vision.  Rahul Gandhi projects an image of indecisiveness and focused on backing INC sycophants at the state level to the point of damaging INC election potential in key states.  Not being able to make a call on the INC-APP alliance in Delhi is another example of this.

Another famous story about Rahul Gandhi which I think is mostly true given how many times it was told by several source has to how the INC lost control of the Northeast.  In 2014 LS elections BJP surged in Assam but INC still held the upper hand in the rest of the Northeast.  One up and coming INC superstar in Assam was Himanta Biswa Sarma

To get ready for the tough battle in the 2016 Assam assembly election and other Northeastern states, there was a key meeting in 2015 where Himanta Biswa Sarma presented to Rahul Gandhi his proposed INC strategy to hold on the the Northeast.  Based on various sources Rahul Gandi was not paying attention in the meeting and spent the entire meeting feeding his dog. 

After this Himanta Biswa Sarma defected to the BJP and was put in charge of the BJP operation to takeover the Northeast.   In the 2016-2018 pretty much all Northeast state fell to BJP and allies which was largely in part due to the organizational skills of Himanta Biswa Sarma.  To be fair part of the reason for his defection has to be signs that the BJP is in the ascendancy after the 2014 LS election and the key role of federal subsidies in the Northeast.  But Rahul Gandhi lack of the killer instinct clearly play a party.   
Dumb i***t
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 07:08:45 AM »

He is a total moron in every way and would make Trump look like Einstein
LOL, my parents say that he is
Dumb i***t

Almost everyone I know who follows Indian politics thinks the same .

Even among the people who I know are not only hardcore democratic supporters but part of the Bernie wing of the party all strongly support Modi as well

Cause they’re nationalists lol.

No they just hate the Congress party more

My parents support Congress because they hate Modi and they dislike Ganahi.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 06:57:58 AM »

Who'll win in Andhra Pradash, my Grandfather said that the Desem party will win in a landslide.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 10:37:30 AM »

What is the Andra Pradesh exit polls
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 10:00:25 AM »

What are the Andra Pradesh results?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 09:02:54 PM »

What about Gandhi's sister for leader.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2019, 09:31:36 AM »

Map of state governments.  To be fair AIADMK's TN, YSRCP's AP, and BJD's Odissa are pro-NDA.

I thought that the TDP wasn't part of the NDA
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 09:46:48 PM »

While talking to my parents and grandpa about Indian Politics, we talked about how Jagan Reddy will lose the next election due to farmers being pissed because he wants to change the Capitol to Visakhapatnam.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 12:59:27 PM »

VDP poll on CAA.  All India numbers are 42% For 38% Against 20% DK/No Opinion

Breakdown by state are

Assam has a massive 70% against.  Punjab due to to non-Hindu factor also high levels of opposition.
 Hindi states (UP Rajasthan) has high levels of support.  Deep South Dravidian (TN Kerala) have high levels of opposition.   Non-Assam Non-Hindi Indo-Aryan states are swing areas.

it's like a 20ish point spread between hindus and sikhs in the favor of sikhs in punjab, and it's -21 in punjab, makes sense.

Why would Sikhs be more opposed to this law than Hindus? In my experience they are just as anti-Muslim as Hindus.

More of them support the inc and not a hindutva state in India for obvious reasons, so ig they just tow the modern inc party line more. I dont see any other reason why Punjab would be an outlier. The others that don’t like that bill are either dravidian or muslims (or both), and a handful of north indian hindus.
I thought Sikhs don’t support the INC due to the Anti-Sikh riots.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies