2019 India April–May LS general elections and assembly elections of 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:25:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2019 India April–May LS general elections and assembly elections of 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2019 India April–May LS general elections and assembly elections of 2019  (Read 66255 times)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« on: February 09, 2019, 04:55:05 PM »

OK, I'm a total novice as far as Indian politics is concerned, but my usual strategy of looking through old threads hasn't really answered these questions so -

Why exactly is the south so much more left-wing/progressive than the North(-west/Ganges valley)? like, I know that there is this Modi/BJP Hindi-Hindustan thing, which would be offputting to non-hindi speakers in the south, but Kerala in particular has been a stronghold of the communists for much longer for that. I mean, I was there earlier this year, and it does seem to be much more relaxed as concerns caste structure, relgion, gender relations and all that. For all that they had these riots over the hindu temple, the mosque near where I was staying had a female muezzin, which is pretty rare really, compared to the rest of the Islamic world - why would this be?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies