Rep. Rashida Tlaib: “We’re gonna impeach the motherf*****!”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 03:12:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Rashida Tlaib: “We’re gonna impeach the motherf*****!”
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Rep. Rashida Tlaib: “We’re gonna impeach the motherf*****!”  (Read 8881 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2019, 12:28:10 PM »

THE QUEEN HAS SPOKEN.

Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2019, 12:30:28 PM »

I'm not in support of impeachment but ayyy lmao.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2019, 12:50:59 PM »

Reminder that, in November, some 80% of Atlas proclaimed the House should not move to impeach Trump in January: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=306701.0

A...different...tone in this thread so far.

I still feel that way -I don't want our impeachment effort to blow back in our face the way it did for Republicans when they went after President Bill Clinton.  If we are going to get Trump, it should only be after Special Counsel Robert Mueller completes his investigation, and his report is released by Deputy Director Rod Rosenstein, and if it effectively recommends impeachment based on the evidence presented in the report. 

This. It makes Democrats look eager to impeach regardless of circumstances. Be nominally patient and both Mueller and Trump will provide more than enough grounds to do so in all likelihood. Besides, I know this is so terribly backwards and buzzkill of me, but while I totally agree with her assessment of trump as a person and a president, for sitting congresswoman to blurt that out in a public speech is really poor form and does no one any favors, least of all those of us who want to see Trump gone.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2019, 12:55:06 PM »

Also, however, 100% true.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2019, 01:16:40 PM »

The reason I can’t call Rep. Tlaib out for her admittedly overly strong choice of words is because deep down in the foundations of my soul, I believe Donald Trump is a motherf**ker.  He has committed impeachable offenses and only the extremely polarized partisan nature of our political system prevents any serious consideration of such action.

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2019, 01:23:55 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2019, 01:47:05 PM by TexasGurl »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=furGXfTJf4o
A video from 2011. Is that the best you got?
He has cursed at his rallies before and after he won. Stop with the BS.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2019, 01:47:33 PM by TexasGurl »

Like an uncivilized monkey. You really aren't even trying to hide yourself as either a troll or a storm front devotee.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2019, 01:38:15 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2019, 01:47:54 PM by TexasGurl »

See, this is why "civility" and "agree to disagree" is so often a dead end. You think people like Rashida Tlaib are less than human. That's not some sort of legitimate political disagreement. That's dehumanization. That's what every despot, abuser, murderer, terrorist, and perpetrator of genocide. uses to justify their actions. "They are less than human - they are scum." That's your attitude.

There's no respectful notion of disagreement that can make that what you and so many others who support Trump routinely spout out anything short of barbaric, inhumane, dangerous, and worthy of nothing but banishment from civilized society.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2019, 01:48:12 PM »

It’s nice when Democrats stop playing that stupid “civility” nonsense; it doesn’t work against these alt right fanatics. Look how playing by the rules blew up in Warren’s face.

In any case, Tlaib is wrong; Trump won’t be impeached at any time in his Presidency.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2019, 01:52:36 PM »

It’s nice when Democrats stop playing that stupid “civility” nonsense; it doesn’t work against these alt right fanatics. Look how playing by the rules blew up in Warren’s face.

In any case, Tlaib is wrong; Trump won’t be impeached at any time in his Presidency.

Agreed.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2019, 01:58:34 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2019, 02:39:33 PM by GP270watch »

I like this new crop of Democrats. We need people who will stand up for us and not be doormats.

Republicans destroyed civility years ago with their toxic news media on cable, AM radio, and now social media. They have zero credibility on this issue.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2019, 02:00:49 PM »

Is that technical language that they teach at the well-renowned Thomas Cooley Law School?

No.
They teach it at the "well-renowned" school of Trump University.

So she went there too?

Oh please, you're from the party that literally had a man heckle the POTUS and call him a 'Liar' during his State of the Union. And that was PRE-TRUMP.

Save us your indignation.

"There are no Republicans willing to be civil anymore, I tell ya!"

*Republican tries to engage in being civil*

"SHUT UP, you're from a party that isn't civil, save it!"
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2019, 02:35:17 PM »

LMAO at the triggered deplorables on here telling her to stay classy. I'm sure you all said the same thing when your tyrant boasted about grabbing women's rhymes with wussies and when he referred to African countries as "s#itholes." You Trumptards really have absolutely no leg to stand on when it comes to classiness, so spare us your selective outrage and go back to trying to make controversies out of AOC dancing as a teenager. Y'all might be more effective in that fruitless endeavor.

Only one question matters, and it must be asked.  Would you rather live in a figurative s### hole or engage in figurative mother F######?  Philosophers could spend years unraveling this mystery.  If only we were given the chance to submit our answers in a thread poll. 

There is actually another question ...
Would you rather respect women in our nation, or harass them and tell them that you would love to grab them by the pussy.
Philosophers would only need to spend five-seconds to decide the correct answer to this "mystery."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2019, 02:53:27 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2019, 03:57:28 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Take into consideration that when one uses the word "impeachment," it may mean that passing articles of impeachment through The House only.
And not necessarily full removal after 2/3 agreement in the Senate in the trial phase.

Let's understand that if the impeachment process were to actually happen and go through all stages, and be accompanied by the massive media and live TV coverage (even if found innocent in the Senate), that it would NOT be a good thing for trump's approvals (or for his 2020 run).
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2019, 03:52:53 PM »

We have decided to stan forever Purple heart
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2019, 04:18:53 PM »

Pelosi was spot on when she pointed out that this was no worse than things Trump has said.  Actually, Trump has said (and done) worse.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2019, 04:38:01 PM »

Impeaching Trump would be the worst idea for Democrats because:

1. He'd be acquitted in the Senate
2. Democrats would be blamed for making what would essentially en an expensive lengthy political show similarly to Republicans during the Clinton impeachment
3. In an unlikely case Trump is actually removed, Pence's accession would allow the GOP to rebound because "muh respectability and new, fresh face"

No, Trump must simply be defeated in 2020.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2019, 04:40:11 PM »

I'm in favour of impeachment when there is good evidence the president is either guilty of Constitutional crimes or has otherwise proven to be unfit to carry out the duties of the office.  Either the special council's investigation or other investigations need to produce that evidence. Gotta trust the process.  I suspect, and have long suspected, the evidence is there, but you have to respect the process.  If the evidence isn't there, then impeachment shouldn't be the solution.

I was against the Clinton impeachment because the alleged or proven crimes didn't seem to me to rise to the level of impeachable offences. And I think in that case the House abused, and actually diminished, the impeachment power by treating it, as Tom Delay then said, as "super-censure" (where in any constitutional documents is "super-censure" associated with impeachment?)  Impeachment should be used to protect the Constitution and the republic, not to win a political fight. If Congress wants to win back the public's confidence, it should start by using its enumerated powers rightly.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2019, 05:24:35 PM »

Is that technical language that they teach at the well-renowned Thomas Cooley Law School?

No.

So she went there too?

Oh please, you're from the party that literally had a man heckle the POTUS and call him a 'Liar' during his State of the Union. And that was PRE-TRUMP.

This is how I feel about that, very nicely summed up;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVUhW5wg0lc&t=2s
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2019, 05:50:34 PM »

yea let's impeach him and put the more electable and more anti-gay Pence into office. Really nice one Rashy.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2019, 06:54:54 PM »

I love how her being muslim justifies this disgusting outburst. every liberal rag/newspaper leads w/the headline 'muslim congresswoman blasts trump', letting the libtards know to support this
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2019, 07:38:39 PM »

I love how her being muslim justifies this disgusting outburst. every liberal rag/newspaper leads w/the headline 'muslim congresswoman blasts trump', letting the libtards know to support this

And trumptards justify the Orange Clown's disgusting outbursts because he is a white male (you know ... like a president who is not Muslim and not born in Kenya).
So where are you going with this?
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2019, 07:53:54 PM »

You can either complain about "ivory tower elites" or you can mock and disdain people for going to schools that are not difficult to get into.

You cannot do both.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2019, 08:32:09 PM »

This incident upsets me, but for a reason not described above. I don’t like her walking away from the reporters and not taking questions.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2019, 08:33:11 PM »

No.

So she went there too?

This is how I feel about that, very nicely summed up;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVUhW5wg0lc&t=2s

That was neither nice nor a summation of any coherence, but okay.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies