Kennedy: A New Era
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:22:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Kennedy: A New Era
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Should I revive this?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Kennedy: A New Era  (Read 5268 times)
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.31, S: -0.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2019, 05:38:12 PM »
« edited: January 08, 2019, 02:21:15 PM by Kasich2020 »

Coming Soon
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 06:28:55 PM »

boooo!

No More Kennedy!

No More Kennedy!

JK, looking forward to this TL and how the modern Kennedys do.
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 03:37:28 PM »

Kamala

I can feel it. It's my destiny. It's in touching distance. Madame President. President Harris. First-Gentleman Emhoff.  The Kamala Devi Harris Presidential Library. This won't be a wave. It'll be a tsunami. How could they elect that lunatic for a second time? The polls suggest that it's a mere formality now. My transition team has already started work. My only question is if the soon to be Ex-President will accept the results. I expected to feel tense today. I don't. The primaries were ages ago now! Nobody will remember!

Kamala had niggling doubts, of course, the polls showed a 3 point gap between her and President Trump, but she had pushed them to the back of her mind. The gap was consistent. Positive vibes, she thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elizabeth

Sure. Being Vice President will be nice. I won't be able to get much done, I know full well I'm just a vehicle for Senator Harris's ambitions. She came into office 4 years ago, why is it not my turn? Aren't the young and lively supposed to be the Vice President whilst somebody who has trained and worked for it all of their life is at the helm? She'll get another shot. This was my last chance.

Welp, I need to be grateful. I could've done a Beto, poor fella. It was an accident. Everybody put their hopes and dreams into Biden before he turned out to be a sex offender. It was supposed to be me who was next in line. Not this freshwoman. She'll end up dropping me for Alexandria Cortez in '24. I don't even know why she had picked me, was it because there was nobody else left? Why did I give up the fight so easily for compensation of getting a ceremonial title?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donald

It'll be mine again. It's like history repeating itself, but this time Hillary is the running mate. Kamala's "charisma" doesn't matter. After their primary fiasco it was guaranteed, no matter what the damned media say. Gropin' Joe... Be-let's not even go there, I don't even want to think about it. It's been off limits this entire campaign, even for me. It's funny. They immediately jumped to his defence before quickly realising it was a bad idea and backing off. I've not even thought about losing. Even in 2024, the real fight will be for my coveted endorsement. To be honest, had I had a chance of losing, I would've taken it. I've got my line in the history books. I don't want to be President. My health gets worse and worse by the day. Give it another year and I'll have a "serious accident" and resign.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 04:09:20 PM »

Harris/Warren is bout to get whooped
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 06:57:30 PM »

By the way, during this TL I'll be portraying Trump as an intelligent but stuck-up figure, based on their supposed private personas rather than their public ones.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 03:10:12 AM »

Originally, before reading it, I thought that you refer to a more successful presidential bid by Joe Lieberman at any time in his time involved in politics.

But that seems interesting.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 10:35:18 AM »

Oh yes! This is great.
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 03:16:47 PM »

Thank you!

Mike

Tonight the lord enlightens me on my future. If the President wins tonight, I cannot help but think that God has plans for me to lead this great nation. It's God's calling.

Lord, please help me and President Trump in whatever our future holds. If we're elected once again, help us complete our mandate for our nation. If we leave office come January, God help me live the remainder of our lives in happiness and harmony. Thank you. Amen.

Mike was in Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue as the results began to trickle in. The first were expected. Kentucky and Indiana to Trump. Vermont was going to the Democrats. As the night went on, the mood got even more jubilant, bar the President himself who looked stone-faced the entire night. Florida was Republican red once again. Ohio and North Carolina followed suit. Then, shocks. Pennsylvania would remain in the President's column. Michigan and Wisconsin next. The question was no longer if Trump would get a second term, it was by how much. Trump ended up winning every state he won in 2016, along with Nevada and New Hampshire. It was a shock, nobody had expected it. The finallmargins wouldn't become clear for a while yet but this definitely delivered a fresh mandate for the President.

"Mr. President, Senator Harris would like to speak with you." Mike looked on as an aide handed a phone to the President. Within minutes of the call, Mike called the President. "Mr. President, Senator Warren is on air. I expect Senator Harris to take the stage in a second"

"She loses an election and has the gall to make a speech before I do?? We'll have to do ours in a few hours" the President replied."

Hours later, after arriving at the Convention Center where Trump was due to make his Victory Speech, Mike was about to go on stage as the starter before the main course. He took a deep breath then walked out, just as he did four years ago.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 04:00:45 PM »

Okay so these are the final Electoral College map results of the 2020 election?
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 04:07:00 PM »

Thank you!

Mike

Tonight the lord enlightens me on my future. If the President wins tonight, I cannot help but think that God has plans for me to lead this great nation. It's God's calling.

Lord, please help me and President Trump in whatever our future holds. If we're elected once again, help us complete our mandate for our nation. If we leave office come January, God help me live the remainder of our lives in happiness and harmony. Thank you. Amen.

Mike was in Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue as the results began to trickle in. The first were expected. Kentucky and Indiana to Trump. Vermont was going to the Democrats. As the night went on, the mood got even more jubilant, bar the President himself who looked stone-faced the entire night. Florida was Republican red once again. Ohio and North Carolina followed suit. Then, shocks. Pennsylvania would remain in the President's column. Michigan and Wisconsin next. The question was no longer if Trump would get a second term, it was by how much. Trump ended up winning every state he won in 2016, along with Nevada and New Hampshire. It was a shock, nobody had expected it. The finallmargins wouldn't become clear for a while yet but this definitely delivered a fresh mandate for the President.

"Mr. President, Senator Harris would like to speak with you." Mike looked on as an aide handed a phone to the President. Within minutes of the call, Mike called the President. "Mr. President, Senator Warren is on air. I expect Senator Harris to take the stage in a second"

"She loses an election and has the gall to make a speech before I do?? We'll have to do ours in a few hours" the President replied."

Hours later, after arriving at the Convention Center where Trump was due to make his Victory Speech, Mike was about to go on stage as the starter before the main course. He took a deep breath then walked out, just as he did four years ago.

I would have thrown Minnesota in there too along with Nevada and new Hampshire
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 06:22:03 PM »

Minnesota wasn’t as close as Nevada and New Hampshire in 2016; I didn’t want to make it too unrealistic
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »

Minnesota wasn’t as close as Nevada and New Hampshire in 2016; I didn’t want to make it too unrealistic

In terms of percent, Minnesota was actually closer than Nevada but further than new Hampshire. New Hampshire was .37 percent, Minnesota was 1.5 percent and Nevada was 2.4 percent
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 07:12:14 PM »

In terms of percent, Minnesota was actually closer than Nevada but further than new Hampshire. New Hampshire was .37 percent, Minnesota was 1.5 percent and Nevada was 2.4 percent

Ah, my mistake, although Minnesota is more reliably Democratic.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 02:56:48 AM »

Ah, my mistake, although Minnesota is more reliably Democratic.

Fair enough
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 09:06:43 AM »

Joe

Joe Kennedy, now Senator-Elect of Massachusetts after Elizabeth Warren announced she would leave office at the start of the next congress, is sitting watching President Trump's victory speech with his wife Lauren.

I can't believe America has endorsed this man again.
They've endorsed you, Joe! You never know, this could be a good thing for you in the long run.
For me, perhaps; but not good for the American people.

"After this long, and very fun election, very fun I tell you, We'll be getting back to work, for YOU, the people! Together, we've made America great again, and we'll continue to keep America great! Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!"

I can't believe they fallen for this slimeball of a human once again. God forbid Mike Pence becomes President in four years time.

I need some sleep, goodnight Lauren, we have a busy day tomorrow.

Tomorrow

"Good morning, Massachusetts! I am honoured and humbled to address you as your Senator-Elect!"

"Of course, this is a bittersweet moment for us all, and no one more than my predecessor, Senator Warren. I'd like to thank her for her work in Massachusetts and for the national campaign of hope and prosperity she helped run across the country. I wish her well in her retirement and her work will not be forgotten.

But today shouldn't be about sadness and disappointment, but about hope. The second I step foot on Capitol Hill I will be defending you and everything Massachusetts stands for, even in the face of adversity."

"It's time to work. And we will work. Thank you, and God bless you all!"

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 10:19:58 AM »

Ed Markey is up for reelection in 2020, not Warren.
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 10:36:11 AM »

I had a special election taking place but I'm not that familiar with MA electoral law.
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 01:39:40 PM »

I had a special election taking place but I'm not that familiar with MA electoral law.

There would be a special election, but it would make more sense overall if Markey just retired and Kennedy ran for that seat instead.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 02:27:15 PM »

Just wondering, who was Kennedy's GOP opponent for the senate seat?
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 03:36:51 PM »

Bruce Tarr.
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2019, 03:49:59 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2019, 06:38:00 AM by Certified Tea Drinker »

The Presidency of Donald John Trump - Year Five

"The Presidential Inaugural Committee
requests the honour of your presence
to participate in the
inauguration of
Donald J. Trump
as President of the United States of America
and
Michael R. Pence
as Vice President of the United States of America
on Wednesday, the twentieth of January
two thousand and twenty one
in the city of Washington"

Donald

Colour me surprised. I've won again. Crazy Kamala couldn't touch me. I have no drive for this job, I've gotten my page in the history books. But even then I couldn't be beaten. That's how great I am.

I've told Mike about my plans. We've set a date. 27th of February, 2022. 2 years for Mike to get ready for 2024, and long enough for me to get my final issues in order.

Key events of the Trump Presidency, 2021

January 20th, 2021 - Donald Trump is sworn in to a second term as President of the United States, and Mike Pence is sworn into a second term as Vice President.

March 7th, 2021, -Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at the age of 87. Ginsburg, who was expected to retire in 2019 ignored her health to keep President Trump from getting another SCOTUS pick. However, surprising everybody once again, he had won re-election in 2020. Ginsburg couldn't hold on much longer and passed away surrounded by family earlier today. She died of natural causes. This is likely the beginning of a tough confirmation battle.

July 19th, 2021 - North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un is deposed by his own people, with American help. This is seen as a big victory for the Trump administration. The work of re-unification between the two Koreas begin.

August 31st, 2021 - After President Trump issues new sanctions on Iran in response to its militaristic language towards the United States after Kim Jong-Un's disposal, Mike Pompeo resigns, citing disagreements with the President when it comes to the sanctions.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2019, 12:33:21 AM »

This is a good timeline, I hope we get an update soon!!
ClassicGOPer
Rookie
New Zealand

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 03:25:35 PM »

awesome!
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2019, 07:32:43 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2019, 07:36:40 AM by Certified Tea Drinker »

Thank you all for the feedback! I genuinely appreciate it - sorry I haven't updated this in a while, I've been quite busy lately.

Lodestar
BREAKING NEWS
CNN NEWS 10/09/21 - PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP TAKEN TO HOSPITAL, MORE NEWS TO FOLLOW...

The Vice President was taking a tour of a car plant in Michigan before his secret service bodyguards bundled him out.

"Mr. Vice President, you'll need to come with us." said the agents.
"Could somebody tell me what is going on?"
"The President is incapacitated, sir. Initial reports say that he has suffered cardiac arrest and is being operated on as we speak. The 25th is going to be invoked. Sir, you are now the acting President of the United States.
Mike knew about Trump's health and plans to resign, but he had never expected this to happen. Mike prays until the airport is reached.
Mr. Vice President, get to the plane!
Mike is rushed onto Air Force Two and they take off for Washington.

Mr. Vice President, the operation was a failure. The President has passed, sir. We have got the Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Denise Page Hood with us, sir. She will administer the oath of office. said a secret service agent a few minutes later.

Where's Mother? Pence replied, completely ignoring what the agent had just said.

She's in the White House, safe, sir.

Denise Page Hood walks into the room as Pence prepares to take the oath.

Hello, Mr. Vice President, are you ready to take the oath of office?

Mr. Vice President, please raise your right hand and repeat after me.
You, Michael Richard Pence, do solemnly swear.
I, Michael Richard Pence, do solemnly swear.
That you will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States
That I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States
and will, to the best of your ability, preserve, protect and defend the constitution of the United States.
and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the constitution of the United States.
So help me God.
Congratulations, Mr. President.

Mike and his secret service agents get off of the plane (now designated Air Force One) and he gets rushed into a jeep in a motorcade heading for the White House. Surely it would be a matter of time before the press found out what has just happened.

So, Lord. This is what you had in store for me. I'm humbled and honoured, but I need your help and your energy to get through this time of great crisis. I will do everything in my power to heal this great nation after this tragedy, my Lord, I trust your judgement and I know you will look after every one of your children in this great nation. Thank you, my Lord.

Michael Richard Pence, one of six children who less than 10 years ago was a lowly representative following the orders of the Lord, was now the 46th President of the United States.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2019, 08:19:09 AM »

Great timeline
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies