Just What The Hell Is Trump & Tucker Carlson's School Of Economic Thought? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:40:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Just What The Hell Is Trump & Tucker Carlson's School Of Economic Thought? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just What The Hell Is Trump & Tucker Carlson's School Of Economic Thought?  (Read 7416 times)
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« on: February 17, 2019, 12:22:02 AM »

Yeah, those protectionist, nationalistic, vaguely enterprise-friendly Republicans are incomprehensible.

Just what the hell is Abraham Lincoln's school of economic thought?

American School. High protective tariffs and subsidies coupled with internal improvements. Basically the same economic philosophy as Clay and, earlier, Hamilton.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 12:57:44 AM »

Yeah, those protectionist, nationalistic, vaguely enterprise-friendly Republicans are incomprehensible.

Just what the hell is Abraham Lincoln's school of economic thought?

American School. High protective tariffs and subsidies coupled with internal improvements. Basically the same economic philosophy as Clay and, earlier, Hamilton.

Oh yeah, 100% in agreement. That's the correct answer to my sarcastic, rhetorical question. Which I actually thank you for posting, since I'm not sure people actually would all know about this.

I'd also like to note Trump loves "infrastructure" too. Makes it amusing when people call him a Jacksonian, because Andrew Jackson would HATE him.

After reading your post the second time over I now see the sarcasm. I'm pretty bad when it comes to detecting it over text, so my bad

The comparison between Jackson and Trump was always superficial and mostly based on the fact that they both ran "populist" campaigns championing the "common man" over "the elites". Any resemblance ends there
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies