Bolsonaro sworn in as new POBRA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:20:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Bolsonaro sworn in as new POBRA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bolsonaro sworn in as new POBRA  (Read 2454 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: January 01, 2019, 08:27:27 PM »

He should have died after that stabbing. I know y'all respectability civilty hacks hate hearing that but the danger he poses against the environment and Brazilian democracy are too high. I wouldn't be surprised if he gradually turns Brazil into a dictatorship.

If he had died that way, he would be even more deified by those who agree with him ("Myth," "Myth," "Captain") and he has 3 adult children involved in politics, now imagine if one of his sons ran for president in the future in this scenario with the argument that "They did not let my father save Brazil", would probably be elect president.

I'm from Brazil and I did not vote and I did not like that he was elected (they had several other options, in 13 candidates), but I understand that him being assassinated would only make matters much more worse.

Wouldn't his running mate (General Antônio Hamilton Mourão) become president instead? Bolsonaro won by a fairly comfortable margin, I imagine Mourão could also win right?

Or maybe one of Bolsonaro's kids instead?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 07:00:15 AM »

It’s funny seeing our lilly white posters mourning the Bolsonaro presidency. Meanwhile all of my actual Brazilian friends seem near universally stoked.

You are absolutely correct. While I think Bolsonaro is disgusting and I abhor the things he has said/plans to do, Brazil is in absolute shambles right now and i understand why they voted for him.

Hypothetically, if the United States had 3 consecutive Dem presidents all wrapped in major corruption scandals(that led to actual criminal charges), surging violent crime rates and a sluggish economy, I'd bet many left leaning posters would be willing to give the super right wing candidate like Bolsonaro a look.

No, most left leaning posters might indeed look for a right wing alternative, but not a far right one like Bolsonaro.

Most leftists here wouldn't have a problem with say, president Geraldo Alckmin or president Joao Amoedo
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies