Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:03:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 79
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 134872 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: June 01, 2019, 01:30:59 AM »

The correct way for Warren to handle the Native heritage thing from the beginning was to say, "well I was a Republican at the time, but I'm cured of all that silliness now."  It worked (in reverse) for Reagan!

Imagine if LA County Democrats hadn't rejected Reagan's idea of running for congress because they thought he was too liberal in 1952.
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #476 on: June 01, 2019, 01:31:19 AM »

Hmm there was a reply from somebody but it is gone now. Don't know what happened. I may have accidentally hit ignore when I meant to hit quote. Anyway, in response to that disappeared post...

When I said Warren's ideas are very good, I was primarily talking about domestic policies, on which Sanders and Warren have many agreements. Many Democrats have a history of being more hawkish than Bernie, which is part of the reason why I support him over the other candidates. However, there is still more to like about Warren from a progressive point of view than about Biden or many of the other candidates running.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #477 on: June 01, 2019, 01:32:15 AM »

The establishment wants to inflate these non-scandals because they know if the election is about her ideas and her message she will win.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #478 on: June 01, 2019, 12:11:58 PM »

Everyone knows about this by now and it won't change any more votes. I think she already hit her low on this early in the year; it'll be a steady rebound from now on.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #479 on: June 01, 2019, 01:21:14 PM »

Oh no. What ever shall we do?

Alternatively:

"But her e-mails!"
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #480 on: June 01, 2019, 03:10:49 PM »

It's more how she handled it. She should of just said Look I made a mistake let's move on. Instead she explained it. This is the mistake Hillary made with the emails. It's obvious she got rattled.
(of which we can assume half are by Trump supporters taking a break from their wank session to leave troll comments)

uhh, how did you know that's what I do?
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #481 on: June 01, 2019, 03:35:42 PM »

Warren cynically used her supposed Native American heritage to advance in the legal profession and get a coveted professorship at Harvard Law, despite her mediocre credentials. When she was hired, Harvard Law boasted of hiring the first woman of "color" as faculty.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #482 on: June 01, 2019, 04:01:29 PM »

Millions of Americans of old colonial stock have some story about an Amerind ancestor back in the 19th century. Never mind that that ancestor has gone from 1/8  to 1/64... the story persists even if it has become increasingly irrelevant through dilution. The documentation is that someone wrote down the story.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #483 on: June 01, 2019, 06:13:12 PM »

If you have been wondering why Warren is so afraid of Fox News.

CNN: Radio host compares Elizabeth Warren to Rachel Dolezal

It'd be so ugly, if she'd dare to go.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #484 on: June 01, 2019, 06:16:06 PM »

Having both white and American Indian ancestry while not being a tribal member is extremely common. Fully half of all multiracial Americans are this pairing:

This is something that a lot more people make noise about than really care about.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #485 on: June 01, 2019, 06:28:16 PM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #486 on: June 01, 2019, 06:42:02 PM »

Having both white and American Indian ancestry while not being a tribal member is extremely common. Fully half of all multiracial Americans are this pairing:
Sure. But she is not multiracial. Please, stop it. She is white. White as .

This is something that a lot more people make noise about than really care about.
Sure. Most people (I'd guess 99%) doesn't care about Biden being "creepy", either. They don't even think it is "creepy". However, that is not the point. The point is that neither Warren or Biden can't just let it go. Biden can't help hugging. Warren can't help keeping babbling about "not being a tribal member/citizenship". It is what I find most "creepy" in Biden's and Warren's behaviour. And it is something Trump will use in his attacks, may be, successfully.

Also, if someone believes that Warren didn't know what she was doing when she claimed she was Native American in Harward etc and that she was totally innocent, that someone should also believe that Trump haven't released his tax returns because "being under the audit" ahahahha.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #487 on: June 01, 2019, 06:58:11 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2019, 07:27:00 PM by Policy Bae »

Warren has shown herself to be the moral leader of the Democratic Party for a solid month now. I can't see myself switching to anybody else. She has a spine of steel.

izixs
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #488 on: June 02, 2019, 04:57:28 AM »

Sure. But she is not multiracial. Please, stop it. She is white. White as .

Sure. Most people (I'd guess 99%) doesn't care about Biden being "creepy", either. They don't even think it is "creepy". However, that is not the point. The point is that neither Warren or Biden can't just let it go. Biden can't help hugging. Warren can't help keeping babbling about "not being a tribal member/citizenship". It is what I find most "creepy" in Biden's and Warren's behaviour. And it is something Trump will use in his attacks, may be, successfully.

Also, if someone believes that Warren didn't know what she was doing when she claimed she was Native American in Harward etc and that she was totally innocent, that someone should also believe that Trump haven't released his tax returns because "being under the audit" ahahahha.

So let me get this straight:

Uncle Joe being creepy uncle Joe when ever he gets an opportunity is the same level of bad as stating an actual truth when targeted, again, by someone demanding yet another something (apology? explanation? something else?) about a mistake Warren made years ago. Is that what you're saying?

Because the equating of these two things seems rather insane to me. To equate unacceptable behavior in the now that has never been apologized for by a man to unacceptable behavior in the past that has been apologized for, and for which people keep demanding an apology (or something) for, from a woman is highly suggest that maybe it isn't the actions that you don't like here. Its something else. Or you have some super unbalanced ideas as to what standards of conduct people must have in order to be acceptable in your mind.

And save me the excuse of 'oh, it isn't me, its the votes I'm talking about!' cover.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #489 on: June 02, 2019, 07:17:42 AM »

Yawn
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #490 on: June 02, 2019, 07:34:22 AM »

Warren has shown herself to be the moral leader of the Democratic Party for a solid month now. I can't see myself switching to anybody else. She has a spine of steel.

Didn’t you support Beto? Genuinely interested to hear why you switched
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #491 on: June 02, 2019, 10:41:11 AM »

Didn’t you support Beto? Genuinely interested to hear why you switched
Yes. I did always says Warren had the best policies of the bunch and I hope she would shape the platform but I was hesitant to back Warren because I was stuck on stupid issues about viability and electability. As she kept rolling out more and more plans with feasible ways to finance them, call for Trump’s impeachment, and refuse to go on FOX News she fully won me over. Beto is fine, but he just speaks a whole lot without saying anything. That was fine in the Senate race and I’m sure he believes all the things he says but how are you going to do it and quite frankly I want someone ready to battle Mitch McConnell from day one. I don’t think Beto will do that.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #492 on: June 02, 2019, 03:49:31 PM »

Warren's momentum is undeniable at this point. She has obstacles to overcome but when she gets in a room with voters she comes away with converts.

The 2 cent tax plan has been the most memorable campaign phrase/policy of any candidate in the 2020 run up.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #493 on: June 03, 2019, 02:54:56 AM »

It has been somewhat refreshing to go into a primary season without a favourite and watch to see how the candidates earn my support. I think the Native American stuff was a huge lapse of judgment that shouldn't be minimized, but she has clawed her way out and is proving to be very effective on the trail.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #494 on: June 03, 2019, 05:34:14 PM »

It has been somewhat refreshing to go into a primary season without a favourite and watch to see how the candidates earn my support. I think the Native American stuff was a huge lapse of judgment that shouldn't be minimized, but she has clawed her way out and is proving to be very effective on the trail.

It's a good characterization for Warren.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #495 on: June 03, 2019, 08:04:27 PM »

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #496 on: June 03, 2019, 08:24:38 PM »

If Warren replaces Sanders as the dominant candidate of the party left she could gain a lot of support as she is more acceptable to the rest of the party and to the establishment than Bernie. While I'm sceptical still about electability, if she can come from behind and win the primary that's a pretty strong case for her being a good candidate.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #497 on: June 04, 2019, 02:35:39 AM »

If Warren replaces Sanders as the dominant candidate of the party left she could gain a lot of support as she is more acceptable to the rest of the party and to the establishment than Bernie. While I'm sceptical still about electability, if she can come from behind and win the primary that's a pretty strong case for her being a good candidate.

I'm still convinced that one of them will drop out soon after the primaries start to clear the way for the other.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #498 on: June 04, 2019, 03:37:20 AM »

I'm still convinced that one of them will drop out soon after the primaries start to clear the way for the other.

This requires that both be team players. And right now I only suspect one of them is given past behavior of each.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #499 on: June 04, 2019, 08:50:48 AM »

That would be disastrous, because while she's the best candidate policy-wise, she's by far the worst in terms of likability and electability. The sole reason is that Trump is utterly shameless and will hammer her on the "Pocahontas" thing with the intensity of "emails".
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies