Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 11:55:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 79
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 135318 times)
jacobmeteorite
jafcontact
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: September 07, 2019, 05:28:11 PM »

This is interesting.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/warren-clinton-talk-behind-scenes-2020-race-intensifies-n1049701

WASHINGTON — Elizabeth Warren's team doesn't want to talk about Hillary Clinton, but that doesn't mean the 2020 presidential candidate isn't talking with her party's 2016 nominee.

The two women have kept a line of communication open since the Massachusetts senator decided to run for president — though only a conversation around the time of Warren's launch has been previously reported — according to several people familiar with their discussions who spoke to NBC on the condition of anonymity because of the political sensitivity of private interactions.

It’s hard to know exactly how many times they’ve reached out to each other — or precisely what they’ve discussed — in part because neither camp wants to reveal much of anything about their interaction and in part because they have each other's phone numbers, and there are many ways for two high-powered politicians to communicate that don’t involve their staffs.

One source was aware of just one additional call between Warren and Clinton since then. But a person who is close to Clinton said the contact has been substantial enough to merit attention, describing a conversation between the two as seemingly recent because it was "front of mind" for her.

"That has clearly not gone unnoticed, and I think she really appreciates that," the person close to Clinton said.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #976 on: September 07, 2019, 05:40:46 PM »

Warren and Clinton share a lot of great qualities. Warren is the natural choice to succeed Hillary Clinton as our nominee. She has a lot of her strengths with none of her weaknesses.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #977 on: September 07, 2019, 05:59:03 PM »

Warren and Clinton share a lot of great qualities. Warren is the natural choice to succeed Hillary Clinton as our nominee. She has a lot of her strengths with none of her weaknesses.

She shares at least a couple weaknesses. Being a woman is the obvious one, along with being "shrill."
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #978 on: September 07, 2019, 06:01:44 PM »

She shares at least a couple weaknesses. Being a woman is the obvious one, along with being "shrill."

And amostly nothingburger "scandal" that will be exaggerated and willed into existence as a mishap that is bigger than Watergate.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #979 on: September 07, 2019, 07:31:27 PM »

I think Clinton will endorse Warren if it becomes a Biden-Warren race. (When the more leftist candidate Sanders can not use the endorsement against her)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #980 on: September 07, 2019, 07:40:22 PM »

If Bernie doesn't reach 51%, the DNC will give the nomination to anyone but Bernie. "Vote Blue No Matter Who" actually means "Anybody But Bernie."

If Warren gave a crap about progressives, much less Bernie, Warren would drop out and ask her supporters to support Bernie. Warren won't do that......she fancies herself getting 51% of the vote, or preventing Bernie from getting 51% so the DNC will nominate Warren instead of Bernie. That is EXACTLY what is going on here.

Warren's campaign this time JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ! Warren doesn't have a PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT BACKING HER...Warren isn't the Mother of Progressives...Bernie Sanders EARNED THE TITLE of Father of Progressivism and the NOMINATION LONG AGO......Warren's campaign this time PROVES she doesn't give a crap about Progressives and implementing the progressive agenda........she would rather run and takeaway votes from Bernie so the DNC can select their DNC candidate: ELIZABETH WARREN !

That's her strategy: Stop Bernie from getting 51% so SHE ALONE can be selected by the DNC for privately kissing the DNC's ass...and she certainly has been doing that because Warren's plan is for Bernie to NOT reach 51% so the DNC can choose Warren to be the DNC nominee.
If you think Warren's campaign is harmless to progressives and Bernie, think again.

The Warren supporters in this group will cry foul about my post, but my post IS ACCURATE !

btw, I support Warren for a cabinet position in a Sanders administration. Appoint her to Attorney General to see how sincere and effective Warren really is.

I believe Warren BELIEVES if she doesn't beat Bernie for the DEM nomination now, Bernie will become President in 2020 and for the next eight years; she won't have a chance to be President for eight years.

Warren KNOWS if she doesn't knock Bernie out now, she won't have a chance to become President until 2028, and by then Warren will be running against AOC....it's do or die for Warren RIGHT NOW !
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #981 on: September 07, 2019, 07:54:06 PM »

If Bernie doesn't reach 51%, the DNC will give the nomination to anyone but Bernie. "Vote Blue No Matter Who" actually means "Anybody But Bernie."

If Warren gave a crap about progressives, much less Bernie, Warren would drop out and ask her supporters to support Bernie. Warren won't do that......she fancies herself getting 51% of the vote, or preventing Bernie from getting 51% so the DNC will nominate Warren instead of Bernie. That is EXACTLY what is going on here.

Warren's campaign this time JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ! Warren doesn't have a PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT BACKING HER...Warren isn't the Mother of Progressives...Bernie Sanders EARNED THE TITLE of Father of Progressivism and the NOMINATION LONG AGO......Warren's campaign this time PROVES she doesn't give a crap about Progressives and implementing the progressive agenda........she would rather run and takeaway votes from Bernie so the DNC can select their DNC candidate: ELIZABETH WARREN !

That's her strategy: Stop Bernie from getting 51% so SHE ALONE can be selected by the DNC for privately kissing the DNC's ass...and she certainly has been doing that because Warren's plan is for Bernie to NOT reach 51% so the DNC can choose Warren to be the DNC nominee.
If you think Warren's campaign is harmless to progressives and Bernie, think again.

The Warren supporters in this group will cry foul about my post, but my post IS ACCURATE !

btw, I support Warren for a cabinet position in a Sanders administration. Appoint her to Attorney General to see how sincere and effective Warren really is.

I believe Warren BELIEVES if she doesn't beat Bernie for the DEM nomination now, Bernie will become President in 2020 and for the next eight years; she won't have a chance to be President for eight years.

Warren KNOWS if she doesn't knock Bernie out now, she won't have a chance to become President until 2028, and by then Warren will be running against AOC....it's do or die for Warren RIGHT NOW !

I hope I see more of this sentiment from more and more Bernie fans as the months pass by.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #982 on: September 07, 2019, 08:33:17 PM »

Warren’s wicked strategy is to...become President? I’m shocked.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #983 on: September 07, 2019, 08:45:57 PM »

Exactly. Bernie or Bust.

Warren all the way! Bernie is the past, she is the future! And if I say it in a larger font I have to be more valid, right?Huh
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #984 on: September 07, 2019, 08:53:37 PM »

Even in a Warren-less field the odds of Bernie ever reaching 51%, especially in a crowded field like this, are basically zero. This isn't just because there aren't enough progressives in the primary field, or because the field is crowded. It's because there's a slice of the base that holds a toxic view of him (too far left, 2016 spoiler, angry white man, etc.) for him to get an outright majority in a field of 20 people.

Warren is popular because she's probably the best coalition builder in the field right now. It sure as hell isn't Biden, who has come as close to showing open disdain for the left as possible without actually punching Bernie Sanders in the face, and it sure as hell isn't Sanders, who is basically running an insurgency campaign. Kamala and Buttiegieg have their own flaws that make them less well-suited for this s Warren is.

So, if you're an advocate for actual progressive reform, and you sincerely believe that Bernie isn't going to be good enough at uniting the party, why not do it yourself? Warren is enough of a presence in the party to garner that respect for herself but not for other people (in fact there probably isn't a single person in the Democratic party who could reasonably move the needle appreciably for any other candidate). From this perspective her candidacy makes much more sense.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #985 on: September 07, 2019, 09:04:08 PM »

Even in a Warren-less field the odds of Bernie ever reaching 51%, especially in a crowded field like this, are basically zero. This isn't just because there aren't enough progressives in the primary field, or because the field is crowded. It's because there's a slice of the base that holds a toxic view of him (too far left, 2016 spoiler, angry white man, etc.) for him to get an outright majority in a field of 20 people.

Warren is popular because she's probably the best coalition builder in the field right now. It sure as hell isn't Biden, who has come as close to showing open disdain for the left as possible without actually punching Bernie Sanders in the face, and it sure as hell isn't Sanders, who is basically running an insurgency campaign. Kamala and Buttiegieg have their own flaws that make them less well-suited for this s Warren is.

So, if you're an advocate for actual progressive reform, and you sincerely believe that Bernie isn't going to be good enough at uniting the party, why not do it yourself? Warren is enough of a presence in the party to garner that respect for herself but not for other people (in fact there probably isn't a single person in the Democratic party who could reasonably move the needle appreciably for any other candidate). From this perspective her candidacy makes much more sense.

Bernie Sanders faced a political JUGGERNAUT in 2016 as a virtual unknown and got 43% !

He has now for more well known and only facing Joe Biden who is a FRAUD !

His percentage is due to Elizabeth Warren STEALING votes from Bernie and contributing to a DNC corporatist takeover by Biden as a result.

Kamala and Buttigieg are polling LOW. Irrelevancy
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #986 on: September 07, 2019, 09:12:48 PM »

Anyone who thinks Elizabeth Warren is a leftwinger - let alone a progressive hero - is absolutely fooling themselves. I could go on and on comparing policy after policy, but we only need to look at one policy to prove that Bernie is the true progressive champion: Student loan debt.

Former Republican Elizabeth Warren only wants to get rid of $50,000 worth of student loan debt, whereas Bernie Sanders wants to get rid of it all. Bernie Sanders is clearly the progressive champion here.

As someone who spent 8 years getting my undergrad philosophy degree at Harvahd university, I have racked up almost $250,000 in student loan debt. This is completely unfair as I worked hard studying, reading, practicing my keg stand, and picking up freshman chicks. I especially worked hard on the latter. It's completely ridiculous that people would expect me to take money out of my trust fund to pay the student loan debt that I purposefully took on.

It's especially hard to pay off debt when you have to pay your lawyer fees for that one time I streaked on 5th avenue. (I did that to impress a chick - she did laugh, so I consider that a success, although after that incident she told me she was too busy to go out with me because she had to feed her friends turtle.) This is also why we need criminal justice reform, and I think president Bernie Sanders would expunge that "incident" (nudity isn't a crime, prudes) whereas Elizabeth Warren wouldn't.

Sorry, I got off on a tangent (it's a word only Harvard graduates know - sorry "working class" readers). The point is, it's not fair that you have to pay a ton of money to get loans for private school. Everyone knows private school students are superior to public school, and the federal government should be bailing out private school students who make bad loan decisions over undereducated & underclass kids in the projects.

The government shouldn't be working for snobby 4 year old toddlers by giving them good, affordable preschool. The government should be working for the top 1% of smartiness people like me. And Bernie Sanders is the progressive champion that will carry my ideals, and so I will unsheathe my sword and fight with the fury of a thousand suns to create a world in his vision.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #987 on: September 07, 2019, 09:20:05 PM »

Warren over Sanders, sorry Bernie Bros.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #988 on: September 07, 2019, 09:24:00 PM »

Stop. Calling. Us. Bernie. Bros.

Plenty of women support Bernie Sanders, and it just makes me so so angry when people imply that only men support Sanders.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #989 on: September 07, 2019, 09:25:26 PM »

Anyone who thinks Elizabeth Warren is a leftwinger - let alone a progressive hero - is absolutely fooling themselves. I could go on and on comparing policy after policy, but we only need to look at one policy to prove that Bernie is the true progressive champion: Student loan debt.

Former Republican Elizabeth Warren only wants to get rid of $50,000 worth of student loan debt, whereas Bernie Sanders wants to get rid of it all. Bernie Sanders is clearly the progressive champion here.

As someone who spent 8 years getting my undergrad philosophy degree at Harvahd university, I have racked up almost $250,000 in student loan debt. This is completely unfair as I worked hard studying, reading, practicing my keg stand, and picking up freshman chicks. I especially worked hard on the latter. It's completely ridiculous that people would expect me to take money out of my trust fund to pay the student loan debt that I purposefully took on.

It's especially hard to pay off debt when you have to pay your lawyer fees for that one time I streaked on 5th avenue. (I did that to impress a chick - she did laugh, so I consider that a success, although after that incident she told me she was too busy to go out with me because she had to feed her friends turtle.) This is also why we need criminal justice reform, and I think president Bernie Sanders would expunge that "incident" (nudity isn't a crime, prudes) whereas Elizabeth Warren wouldn't.

Sorry, I got off on a tangent (it's a word only Harvard graduates know - sorry "working class" readers). The point is, it's not fair that you have to pay a ton of money to get loans for private school. Everyone knows private school students are superior to public school, and the federal government should be bailing out private school students who make bad loan decisions over undereducated & underclass kids in the projects.

The government shouldn't be working for snobby 4 year old toddlers by giving them good, affordable preschool. The government should be working for the top 1% of smartiness people like me. And Bernie Sanders is the progressive champion that will carry my ideals, and so I will unsheathe my sword and fight with the fury of a thousand suns to create a world in his vision.

“I’m a scholar. I enjoy scholarly pursuits.”
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #990 on: September 07, 2019, 09:25:37 PM »

Plenty of women support Bernie Sanders, and it just makes me so so angry when people imply that only men support Sanders.

Not to mention it’s extremely heteronormative.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #991 on: September 07, 2019, 09:36:13 PM »

Bro is a catchall for the attitude and shennaigans nothing to do with gender, although it's mostly men behaving badly and throwing the temper tantrums online. The Bernie Bros routine was already played out in 2016, we don't need a rerun for 2020, sorry.

Warren has the momentum because she has surrounded herself with competent people and is treating her staff and supporters with respect. Bernie had a ghoul running his 2016 campaign who allowed toxicity and nastiness and spread it to everything it touched. We need Democrats to come together to defeat Trump, we don't need a repeat of this again from a fake Democrat who is a perpetual victim in his own mind.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #992 on: September 07, 2019, 09:39:54 PM »

Bro is a catchall for the attitude and shennaigans nothing to do with gender, although it's mostly men behaving badly and throwing the temper tantrums online. The Bernie Bros routine was already played out in 2016, we don't need a rerun for 2020, sorry.

Warren has the momentum because she has surrounded herself with competent people and is treating her staff and supporters with respect. Bernie had a ghoul running his 2016 campaign who allowed toxicity and nastiness and spread it to everything it touched. We need Democrats to come together to defeat Trump, we don't need a repeat of this again from a fake Democrat who is a perpetual victim in his own mind.

“Bro” reinforces the straight male stereotypical supporter for Bernie Sanders which neglects the vast number of LGBTQIA+ supporters for Bernie hence why it is heteronormative.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #993 on: September 07, 2019, 10:26:48 PM »

“Bro” reinforces the straight male stereotypical supporter for Bernie Sanders which neglects the vast number of LGBTQIA+ supporters for Bernie hence why it is heteronormative.

Bro targets the supporters(mostly male) who behave terribly. Stop using other Bernie supporters as human shields and check the toxicity that comes from the Bernie campaign and many of his most rabid supporters who seem more intent on tearing down Democrats than defeating Trump.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #994 on: September 07, 2019, 10:28:07 PM »

Bro targets the supporters(mostly male) who behave terribly. Stop using other Bernie supporters as human shields and check the toxicity that comes from the Bernie campaign and many of his most rabid supporters who seem more intent on tearing down Democrats than defeating Trump.

But tearing down Bernie and Tulsi is perfectly fine.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #995 on: September 07, 2019, 10:30:44 PM »

When has Warren torn down either?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #996 on: September 07, 2019, 10:32:43 PM »

When has Warren torn down either?

Plenty of Warren supporters have. But it's only OK to attack Bernie supporters.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #997 on: September 07, 2019, 10:33:48 PM »

What prominent Warren supporters or campaign staff have attacked either? I'd really like to know.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #998 on: September 07, 2019, 10:35:52 PM »

What prominent Warren supporters or campaign staff have attacked either?

Are you just attacking prominent people? Because "bro" is an attack on all Bernie supporters. There are plenty of prominent people who like Warren and are harshly critical of Bernie like Neera Tanden, Third Way, and so on.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #999 on: September 07, 2019, 11:11:45 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2019, 11:18:04 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

One of the key differences between Sanders and Warren is that Sanders is fundamentally a savior populist.  Bernie wants you to believe that:
  • Everyone who's woke supports his policies, and those who oppose him have been hoodwinked by corporate lies
  • All other politicians are 100% corrupt, bought and paid for by corporations.  That's why they won't support his policies.
  • The Democratic Party and all its affiliates are 100% enslaved to corporations, that is why they won't rig the primary for him and make him king of the party.
  • Any policies other than his own will doom the country... no, the planet! to death and destruction, misery and poverty.
  • He is the only one who can rescue is, because he is the only pure, non-corrupted politician in America.
  • Any tactics, no matter how dishonest or vicious, or how ostensibly friendly the targets, are therefore justified in the name of rescuing the planet.  The stakes are just too high.

Warren doesn't do most of this crap.

She does tend to demonize opposing policies rather than debating on their merits, but it doesn't rise to the level of Bernie "Joe Biden's health care plan is equivalent to 13 9/11s" Sanders.

She doesn't attack the Democratic Party or other Democrats.

She doesn't accuse every other politician of being bought-and-paid-for by big corporations.  There's no "Paid for by you (not the millionaires and billionaires)" on her ads.

She doesn't claim, like Trump, to be the only one who can rescue America.  There's no savior complex with Warren.

She doesn't use absurd hyperbole to exacerbate the problems and solutions she's discussing, which means real discussions can be had rather than every disagreement becoming "why do you want 50 million people to die."

She doesn't staff her campaign with extreme Twitter aggros and Jill Stein flunkies like Nina Turner, David Sirota, Briahna Gray, or Winnie Wong, or recruit as surrogates lunatics like Linda Sarsour, Susan Sarandon, RoseAnn DeMoro, Killer Mike, Cornel West, Shaun King, everyone in the TYT Network, and all these horseshoe-theory conspiracy wackos like Jimmy Dore.  That is to say, she isn't proudly building a movement of the absolute worst people calling themselves leftists.

She's just running for president, not trying to start a personality cult where supporting her becomes your entire identity and you envelop yourself in a world of disingenuous alternative media sources that are openly biased in her favor and sh*t all over everyone else.

She isn't going to start a Super PAC to recruit primary opponents for other Dem senators if she loses.

Is it any wonder Democratic Party insiders prefer her over Bernie?

And no, having a preference for a candidate is not "rigging."  You have to actually take an action to rig the primary for it to be "rigging."  Otherwise it's just an "endorsement."
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies