Age of Revolution - Sign Up Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:27:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Age of Revolution - Sign Up Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Age of Revolution - Sign Up Thread  (Read 5814 times)
Peanut
Costa Rica

« on: December 28, 2018, 01:00:23 PM »
« edited: December 28, 2018, 01:08:52 PM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

I'd like Swedenthe Ottoman Empire, if that's OK, thanks.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 08:26:45 AM »

So... The Dutch player selling a colony is equal to the Swedish peace?

Fact: the Swedes giving up Finland is not reasonable, when their Ottoman and Austrian allies have 250,000 troops ready. I advise a reset in Scandinavia to before the surrender, so Sweden can do what it normally would: call on its Austrian and Ottoman allies.

Yes, your deal gives precedence to mine being okay. While I recognize that the diamond boom is 100 away ATL, South Africa's strategic location makes it too farfetched to sell. There's also the fact that my treaty has historical precedence, and the Swedes made a similar peace OTL in 1808 with Britain as their ally.

You also forget that Prussia and I have a technological advantage over the Ottomans, Austria has internal unrest, and you have to conquer a hell of a lot of land to win the war against me.

As for the inaccuracy of our web of marriages, to roll back the historical inaccuracy of the web of marriages, you'd have to roll back the entire turn, and that'd be too much. Not to mention that the Ottomans literally just got out of a war with me.

In short, I would not accept a veto of the current Swedish peace. Whataboutery aside, it's against the spirit of role-playing for the GM to veto bad moves.

Yet one could argue that the GM does have the power to veto illogical moves. I can't make an order next turn calling for the Ottomans to bring aliens to the Earth, and Sweden's agreements are slightly contrarian to what one would expect could be done at this stage, if we are injecting any realism to the game.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 05:06:31 PM »

Well I ruined the game and I don’t know what to do now.

You didn't ruin the game.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies