Howard Dean : Dems need to beat the corrupt governors in MN, CA and OH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:31:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Howard Dean : Dems need to beat the corrupt governors in MN, CA and OH
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Howard Dean : Dems need to beat the corrupt governors in MN, CA and OH  (Read 2112 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »

Last night Howard Dean stated that the republicna governors of Mn, Ca and OH need to be kicked out of office as they are way to corrupt.

Targeting California and Ohio i can fully understand but Minnesota is interesting. I understand that Hatch is running so i believe that the race will be close but with dean saying that pawlenty is corrupt i was a little surprised.

So i know we have many posters from Minnesota how is Pawlenty doing? Dean has already called him Roves favorite governor and states that Minnesota is a main battleground with the open seante seat, governor seat and the 2008 battles. So what are the dems chances?

Can they win all three?
Is Pawlenty in trouble?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 12:05:41 PM »

I think Dean would be doing everybody a favor (Democrats included) if he just shut the hell up.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 12:07:08 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2005, 12:10:26 PM by Scoonie »

I think Dean would be doing everybody a favor (Democrats included) if he just shut the hell up.

Give it a rest, Joe. You're tiresome. What did Dean say here that was bad? How come you never criticize Ken "Robotic Talking Points" Mehlman?

Yes, they can win all three. They can definitely win CA and OH, and with a little push they can win MN.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 12:09:07 PM »

I dont know.  Lets ask Gov. Pawlenty...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
MissCatholic

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 12:09:42 PM »

Ken Mehlmann is a man that needs to get drunk, get laid and ahave some fun.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 12:12:30 PM »

Why? Love em' or hate em'... He's too busy winning elections.
MissCatholic

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 12:13:46 PM »

Why? Love em' or hate em'... He's too busy winning elections.

Hes a robot. you dont have to ask him a question because he has the answers already. hes still panderring to voters in Maryland and New Jersey.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 01:04:53 PM »

Give it a rest, Joe. You're tiresome. What did Dean say here that was bad? How come you never criticize Ken "Robotic Talking Points" Mehlman?

Excuse me?  Who the hell do you think you are?

Dean should shut up because screeching about how three Republican governors are 'corrupt' is not going to win the Democrats any votes at all.  He may have a point about Taft, but calling Schwarzenegger and Pawlenty corrupt without actually backing it up is ridiculous to the point of embarrassing.  Plus, its a little rich for him to call those governors corrupt, and meanwhile stay silent on New Jersey and Washington.

And the reason I never criticize Ken Mehlman is because he never gets discussed here anyway.  So quit putting words in my mouth.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 01:19:11 PM »

Dean should shut up because screeching about how three Republican governors are 'corrupt' is not going to win the Democrats any votes at all. 

Why not? It will be a theme in the 2006 elections.

If Joe ran the Democratic party, we would just agree with the Republicans on everything and act like a bunch of sissies. That's what Joe wants, another Republican party.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 01:20:17 PM »

Excuse me?  Who the hell do you think you are?

Dean should shut up because screeching about how three Republican governors are 'corrupt' is not going to win the Democrats any votes at all.  He may have a point about Taft, but calling Schwarzenegger and Pawlenty corrupt without actually backing it up is ridiculous to the point of embarrassing.  Plus, its a little rich for him to call those governors corrupt, and meanwhile stay silent on New Jersey and Washington.

And the reason I never criticize Ken Mehlman is because he never gets discussed here anyway.  So quit putting words in my mouth.

Pawlenty is corrupt. He was actually fined while in office because he was involved with a telecommunications company involved in fraudulent activities.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 01:24:29 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2005, 01:27:05 PM by Joe Republic »

Dean should shut up because screeching about how three Republican governors are 'corrupt' is not going to win the Democrats any votes at all. 

Why not? It will be a theme in the 2006 elections.

Because calling people corrupt without actually backing it up is really quite a serious claim, and one that most sane people would ignore.

Also, you failed to address my other point.  But I'll instead assume that you don't mind if the Republicans call any New Jersey or Washington Democrat corrupt either?

If Joe ran the Democratic party, we would just agree with the Republicans on everything and act like a bunch of sissies. That's what Joe wants, another Republican party.

Why the hell would I want to run the Democratic party?  Do you see what color my avatar is?  I would prefer to see no political parties at all, so that there would be less blind partisan idiots in the world.

And once again, you're putting words in my mouth.  I don't strictly mind that, but I'd prefer it if they made sense.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 01:31:41 PM »

Because calling people corrupt without actually backing it up is really quite a serious claim, and one that most sane people would ignore.

The time to back up the claims will be in 2006 while the campaign is going on.

Also, you failed to address my other point.  But I'll instead assume that you don't mind if the Republicans call any New Jersey or Washington Democrat corrupt either?

Freedom of speech. Go for it.

I would prefer to see no political parties at all, so that there would be less blind partisan idiots in the world.

Well, you are definitely a Republican-leaning independent. Seems like you  b*tch everytime any Democrat disagrees with or criticizes Republicans.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 01:33:01 PM »

Well, you are definitely a Republican-leaning independent. Seems like you  b*tch everytime any Democrat disagrees with or criticizes Republicans.

Wow. You really don't know what you're talking about. It's ashame.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 01:43:12 PM »

I would prefer to see no political parties at all, so that there would be less blind partisan idiots in the world.

This is pretty funny.  I've had Philip call me a Democrat, and now you call me a Republican.  Seriously, get a clue before you embarrass yourself even further.
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 05:36:41 PM »

Scoonie, what problem do you have with people being Independents?  I agree with Joe - political parties are an awful system.  Too many people just go with what their party tells them to do.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 05:41:21 PM »

Scoonie, what problem do you have with people being Independents? 

No problem whatsoever.

I was just responding to Joe's predictable attacks whenever Howard Dean says anything. Dean's job is to raise money, criticize Republicans, and help articulate a message for the party. Joe doesn't like it when Dean criticizes Republicans for some reason.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 06:17:55 PM »

Ohio-should win

California-with the right candidate we should win

Minosota-maybe
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 06:53:10 PM »

Isn't Dean's job to raise money?  If you're trying to get get people to pop $1000 for a koolaid tasting don't you tell them what they want to hear?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 01:40:36 PM »

I was just responding to Joe's predictable attacks whenever Howard Dean says anything. Dean's job is to raise money, criticize Republicans, and help articulate a message for the party. Joe doesn't like it when Dean criticizes Republicans for some reason.

Perhaps I personally dislike Howard Dean?  I think I'm allowed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies