2004 Election Game (gameplay thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:07:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Election Game (gameplay thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: 2004 Election Game (gameplay thread)  (Read 6075 times)
terp40hitch
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2018, 06:01:31 PM »

A New American Dream: John Edwards for President
Why I am running
Bought in Iowa, Washington D.C, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida and Missouri

Many people always ask me why I am run for public office. I could tell you talking points like I am the leader this country needs. That is true but the real reason I am running for office and why I am a senator is because of my son, Wade Edwards. Wade died when he was just seventeen years old because of a drunk driving accident. Just before his death, he was able to visit the White House because an essay he wrote on what it meant for him to be an American. In that essay, he talked about the importance of an active voice in a Democracy like America and how special it was for him to go to the local fire station to vote. When Wade was alive he always pushed for me to run for office because he believed I would give everyone the chance to vote and I would fight against abusive corporations as I did as a lawyer. I never truly thought about running for anything till Wade was killed which is why I first ran for US Senate in North Carolina, six years ago. That is why I am running now, not for some fame or as a stepping stone as Al Gore would like you to think. I am running because I am as sick and tired of Washington as you are, I am running to expand Democracy and to fight corporations that hurt the working Americans.

Paid for By A New American Dream: John Edwards for President
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2018, 08:39:14 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2018, 08:43:09 PM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

Vice-President Gore Rallies in Kingston Stadium, Cedar Rapids
December 30, 2003

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2018, 10:44:04 AM »

Senator Landrieu and Elizabeth Edwards rallies Unions in Sioux City, IA

Elizabeth Edwards: Iowa, I am so excited to be here and rally your support for my husband and the next president of the United States of America, John Edwards. John is a great man, he is a devoted husband and father. You could not see that more than when our son Wade died in an accident. In some families, tragedies like that tear a family apart but John was able to bring our family closer in grief. John is devoted and he will be a devoted president for the working Americans and unions. John spent his law career fighting corporate greed for the working Americans that were suffering because of it. John fought so hard that by the end of his career, he won 150 million dollars in total away from corporations that had hurt the Americans. As president, he will fight corporate greed and he will fight corporations overstepping their bounds. John will be the president for the working Americans, he will be the president of the unions. That is why John has been endorsed by two of the most powerful unions in this country, the United Mine Workers of America and United Steelworkers for America. They understand that John is the champion for the unions and so does Senator Mary Landrieu and that's why she endorsed John. That's why I have the pleasure of introducing the Great Senator Mary Landrieu to you today.

Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA): I was so proud to endorse John Edwards and I am even more proud to be standing here today with Elizabeth and all of you to tell you why John is the best person for the job. John Edwards has always stood up to corporate greed and stood for the working Americans. He did it in his law career and he is doing it now in the Senate. Sadly, Al Gore is trying to smear the record of John Edwards. He is trying to say John is just trying to look pro-union to win. That is so far from the truth but we should be used to Gore trying to lie his way into office. Right now, he is trying to reinvent himself to be the pro-union candidate that John Edwards is and he is trying to reinvent himself to be an envormenatlist. Gore has done great things to spread awareness of the damages of corporations on the enovrment but that is all Gore has done. Gore's words are much different than his actions. Instead of trying to save the environment like Gore wants you to think, he is flying around on a private jet and going home to a nine million dollar home that doesn't even have one solar panel on it.  That doesn't sound like he is an environmentalist to me, it sounds like he is just trying to win votes until he can get a rematch in the general election. Edwards isn't just pretending to be pro-union as Gore is acting to be pro-environment. Edwards has been pro-union, is pro-union and will be pro-union once we put him in the White House. That is the truth and that is why two major unions have endorsed him.

Edwards is the choice for the unions, he is the choice for the working American and he is the choice for Iowa and America. Iowa, go out and caucus for John Edwards to put a true patriot in the White House that will fight 24/7 for you, for Iowa and most imporantly, for America.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2018, 10:15:16 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2018, 10:20:26 PM by Jaguar4life »

What Garvey Did part 3

Garvey campaigned on trade and space expiration saying that he hopes to get a Man on Mars by 2020 and also campaigned on how he will deal with Social Security and Medicare in the states of Iowa and New Hampshire

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2018, 11:00:45 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2018, 03:34:36 PM by terp40hitch »

A New American Dream: John Edwards For President
Rigged
Bought in Iowa, Missouri, Ohio, West Virginia, South Carolina, Indiana, Wiscosin and Washington D.C.

John Edwards: Our system is rigged, Washington isn't working for America or the working American

Narrator: John Edwards is saying what we are feeling, American is broken and the government is not working for us

John Edwards: We keep saying that electing Democrats will fix the problem, we can't just keep electing Democrats. We aren't fighting corporate greed by getting rid of corporate Republicans with a corporate Democrat like Blanche Lincoln. We need to fix our system and just electing Democrats aren't doing it. We need a right candidate, we need to elect pro-union candidates, we need to elect pro-working American candidate. I am that candidate for president.

Narrator: John Edwards is the pro-union and pro-working American candidate. Edwards is the candidate that will fix our rigged system and fight for the people that need a fighter the most right now.

Paid for By A New American Dream: John Edwards For President
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2018, 10:06:20 AM »

Senator John Edwards Answers Questions From the Press
January 4th, Caucus Day

Des Moines Register: Senator, why do you believe Senator Lincoln is a union-buster?

Senator John Edwards (D-NC): Senator Lincoln is no friend of the labor movement, she has time and time again voted against unions and working Americans and voted for giving more power to corporations. The labor movement sees this and that is why Senator Lincoln has no brought in a dime of labor money over her entire career. Senator Lincoln is no friend to the Iowa worker but she is the friend to the corporations. That is why 82% of Senator Lincoln's PAC money comes from corporations, Senator Lincoln is a corporate Democrat and a corporate Democrat will not fix our rigged system.

Quad-City Times: Do you believe any other candidate in this race are so-called union-busters?

Senator John Edwards (D-NC): I believe Senator Lincoln is the only union-buster in this race and I believe she is the only Democrat in this race being bought and sold by corporations but I do have another that I fear will hurt the labor movement. That is Senator Hillary Clinton. When her husband was in control, he created the NAFTA trade agreement which has been devasting to the working American. Iowans feel the pain, they have seen their jobs move out of the country. Though Bill passed this, Hillary, at the last debate said she was the most powerful first lady ever and I believe she could have known of this agreement. The true question is, does Hillary Clinton believe NAFTA is a success? My answer is a firm no, we need to renegotiate so we don't continue to harm the working class of American and especially in Iowa.

The Hawk Eye: Do you feel confident in your chances in Iowa?

Senator John Edwards (D-NC): I feel good going into caucus day, I woke up confident and I hope I will fall asleep confident too. I believe we have the ground operation especially with the help of my union supporters and Senator Mary Landrieu who has been meeting voters across the state. I have been in and out of Iowa since my announcement, I think I have officially met everyone in Iowa. Our team is ready for tonight, we have spread our message of being pro-union and pro-working class this whole campaign and I truly feel it has resonated and you can see that with my rallies and speeches getting bigger and bigger.

Clinton-Herald: Who do you believe your biggest competitor is in Iowa?

Senator John Edwards (D-NC): I truly don't like to look at that, that isn't my job. That is the job of the political pundits trying to make this some sort of reality tv show where we have to survive on an island. Truly, my job is spreading my message to the voters of Iowa and I think I did that pretty well and we will see if I am right tonight when those results start to come in.

Thank you for your time, now let's go win this thing.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2018, 12:41:35 PM »

Vice-President Gore's Rally
 in the West Gymnasium in the University of Northern Iowa
January 4, 2004, Cedar Falls

Queen's We are the Champions plays as the Vice-President and endorsers talk to supporters.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2018, 04:05:59 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2018, 04:38:59 PM by Mycool »

Blanche Lincoln Runs Ad “Farm”

“I grew up on a farm, with a loving, supportive family. I’m so grateful for that experience, and what it taught me about personal responsibility, sustainability, and the value of hard work.”

“But now, our working class is under attack. Farmers, small businesses, teachers, and manufacturers have all seen wage stagnation with no hope for any help, just more red tape. I believe that hard work should pay off, and benefit those working the hardest. Economic policies shouldn’t be used as a political football, but offer real solutions for those struggling the most.”

“Americans want solutions, not partisan bickering. That’s what this campaign is offering are real solutions, including more funds for education, subsidies for family farms, and a spirit of compromise to actually achieve results.”

“I’m Blanche Lincoln, and I approve this message.”
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2018, 04:38:19 PM »

Blanche Lincoln Rolls Out Endorsements

Sen. Barbara Mikulski

“We have a history making set of candidates in our party, and it gives me hope for the future. Having served with Senator Blanche Lincoln, I can say, she’s the best choice for president.”

Sen. Mark Pryor

“I’ve loved serving with Blanche in our home state. She is smart, hard working, and qualified for the office of President, and I will be joining her on the campaign trail throughout this race.”

Gov. Janet Napolitano

“Arizona and Arkansas may be very different states, but we have similar concerns as Americans. We appreciate moderation, diligence, and independence. One candidate encapsulates that best, and that’s Senator Lincoln.”

Gov. Phil Bredesen

“Senator Lincoln does something that I’ve urged Democrats to do post-2000, listen to the concerns of middle America. We can not allow the same mistakes to happen once again.”

Gov. Mark Warner

“I’ve spoke with Senator Lincoln, and I don’t believe any candidate represents the values of Virginia better than she does.”

Sen. Jay Rockefeller

“I’ve served with many senators with presidential ambitions, but Senator Lincoln stands out. She’s quick, and represents a new face for the party, not a retread or extension of what we’ve had, but a vision for the future.”

Gov. Kathleen Sebelius

“It matters to have a president that knows what it’s like to live in a rural community, it matters to have a candidate that speaks beyond swing states and large population centers, and it matters to have a woman’s voice at the table. Blanche Lincoln is that candidate.”
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2018, 09:09:04 PM »

Garvey campaign update
Garvey has decided to withdraw from the race and rejoin the Bush administration
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2018, 11:48:30 PM »

Pat Robertson: "Fred Phelps may be a Democrat, but he is a good Democrat. He is a devout Christian who has opposed the gay agenda his entire life, is staunchly pro-life, and is more honest about any of these than any other democrat by a mile, and all of the RINOs running in the Republican primary."

Fred Phelps shall spend this turn campaigning in various parts of Iowa.

Here is one of his speeches:

"I am the only Democrat running who is a Christian and doesn't undermine my faith with sin. This is compared to fagocrats Hillary Clinton, Blanche Lincoln, and John Edwards. There is no saving them, and they will burn in hell. If the fags win, America will be doomed. God's wrath will be upon us. However, I have opposed f****try all my life, I won't just stop fag marriage, I will make sure the evil beasts will get the chair. Thank you, thank you!"

DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2019, 08:12:17 PM »

TURN II: 2004 Election Game
January 4, 2004 - January 13, 2004

While the Democrats have 8 candidates in the field remaining, and with only one withdrawn, the Republicans already have a tight, two person race, between Vice President Dick Cheney and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani. With the D.C. primary on January 13, 2004, which will set the stage for both parties' Iowa caucuses on January 19, 2004. It's interesting to see what Independent Donald Trump will do for campaigning, as polls show he may have a solid chance when the general election rolls around. (NOTE: To make things easier, the Democratic schedule will be used for both parties.)

Polls soon!
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2019, 06:21:06 PM »

New American Dream: John Edwards For President
Fighting for You
Bought in Iowa, South Carolina and Washington D.C.

I am fighting for the people in poverty, I am fighting for the former construction worker who I meet in Greenville, South Carolina

I am John Edwards. I am fighting for you, I am fighting for America because I know your problems because I am willing to listen to you

Paid for by A New American Dream: John Edwards For Presidnt
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2019, 12:30:41 PM »

A New American Dream: John Edwards For President
January 5th to January 13th

January 5th: Washington D.C.

January 5th:
Washington D.C: Endorsement Rally with Al Sharpton
Washington D.C: Speech attacking Senator Blanche Lincoln on her union position

January 6th to 7th: South Carolina

January 6th:
Batesburg, SC: Press Conference
Newberry, SC: Townhall with Community Leaders
Oak Grove, SC: Meet and Greet outside Townhall
Colombia, SC: Endorsement Rally with Former Governor Jim Hodges and Senator Mary Landrieu

January 7th:
Colombia, SC: Donor Brunch with Former Governor Jim Hodges
Chester, SC: Meet and Greet outside African-American church with Al Sharpton
Gaffney, SC: Speech about Equality with Al Sharpton and Elizabeth Edwards

Spartanburg, SC: Door to Doors with Volunteers and Al Sharpton in an African-American neighborhood
Rock Hill, SC: Speech to the Rock Hill Democratic Party
Lancaster, SC: Dinner with Donors and Endorsers

January 8th to 12th: Iowa

January 8th:
Des Moines, IA: Phonebanking with Volunteers
Des Moines, IA: Door to Doors with Senator Mary Landrieu

January 9th:
Ames, IA: Meet and Greet with voters
Ames, IA: Meet with Mayor to discuss poverty
Marshalltown, IA: Endorsement Rally with American Federation of Teachers
Ottumwa, IA: Endorsement Rally with Governor Bob Holden

January 10th:
Burlington, IA: Townhall with Teachers and union members
Davenport, IA: Meet and Greet with Students at Universty
Iowa City, IA: Speech at University of Iowa

Bettendorf, IA: Rally with Elizabeth Edwards
Clinton, IA: Rally with Governor Bob Holden, Senator Mary Landrieu, and Al Sharpton

January 11th:
Storm Lake, IA: Meet and Greet farmers
Fort Dodge, IA: Townhall to discuss Iraq war
Sioux City, IA: Speech on Corporate Greed

January 12th:
Cedar Falls, IA: Door to Doors with Volunteers
Waterloo, IA: Speech with Waterloo Democratic Party
Des Moines, IA: Meet and Greet with Volunteers
Des Moines, IA: Phonebanking with staff
Des Moines, IA: Speech to the Iowa Democratic Party

January 13th: Washington D.C.

January 13th:
Washington D.C: Endorsement Rally with Senator Debbie Stabenow and Al Sharpton
Washington D.C: Meet voters outside a polling place from 7 am to 1 pm
Washington D.C: Door to Doors in African-American neighbor attacking Blanche Lincoln and John Kerry
Washington D.C: Victory Speech with Elizabeth Edwards and Al Sharpton
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2019, 03:18:59 PM »

New Endorsements for Hillary Clinton

Governor Ruth Ann Minner (D-DE)

Senator Tom Carper (D-DE)

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2019, 04:30:48 PM »

Schedule for Hillary Clinton

January 4, 2004

Meet Voters in Sheldal, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Attend 2004 Sugar Bowl/BCS National Championship Game, Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana

January 5, 2004

Meet Voters in Pilot Mound, Iowa

Meet Voters in Beaver, Iowa

Meet Voters in Luther, Iowa

Meet Voters in Maxwell, Iowa

January 6, 2004

Meet Voters in Colo, Iowa

Meet Voters in Zearing, Iowa

Meet Voters in Runnells,Iowa

Meet Voters in Pleasant Hill, Iowa

January 7, 2004

Speech in Altoona, Iowa

For years we've listened to other states complain about Iowa and New Hampshire always going first in the primary process. Unfortunately for you, that process has worked since 1972, and simply isn't going to change just because a bunch of other more populous states think otherwise. My ideal primary process would set five territories apart from everyone else at the beginning of the cycle- Iowa, New Hampshire, Texas, Louisiana and Puerto Rico.

Meet Voters in Alleman, Iowa

Meet Voters in Norwalk, Iowa

Meet Voters in St Marys, Iowa

January 8, 2004

Speech in Indianola, Iowa

Any serious candidate who intends on running for President these days has to have a vague idea of who their running mate will be from the moment they get into the race, and Senator Kerry, Senator Lincoln, and Senator Edwards all seem like good picks to me...

Meet Voters in New Virginia, Iowa

Meet Voters in Carlisle, Iowa

January 9, 2004

Meet Voters in Ackworth, Iowa

Meet Voters in Martensdale, Iowa

Meet Voters in Hartford, Iowa

Meet Voters in Clive, Iowa

January 10, 2004

Meet Voters in Bouton, Iowa

Attend College Basketball Game, Hilton Coliseum, Ames, Iowa

January 11, 2004

Meet Voters in Granger, Iowa

Meet Voters in Dallas Center, Iowa

Meet Voters, Minburn, Iowa

Meet Voters, Redfield, Iowa

January 12, 2004

Meet Voters in Grimes, Iowa

Meet Voters in Mitchellville, Iowa

Speech in Newton, Iowa

I know what the conventional wisdom is saying. I should be in D.C right now! But Iowa, you have more delegates, therefore a win here is more important, and besides, I don't need to do well in D.C to continue on. I need to do well in Iowa.

January 13

Phone Bank for D.C, from Dubuque, Iowa.

Watch D.C results/Election Night event, Grand River Event Center, Dubuque, Iowa.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2019, 10:23:25 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2019, 07:42:54 PM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

Vice-President Gore's campaign schedule

January 5, 2004:
  • Visit to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital to meet families and talk about the importance of healthcare and education.
  • Door-to-door in suburban Cedar Rapids with Congressman Leonard Boswell.
  • Rally in the Veterans Memorial Stadium with the Congressman and Senators Biden and Boxer.
January 6, 2004:
  • Epiphany breakfast with LULAC and Hispanic community leaders in the Hacienda Las Glorias, Cedar Rapids.
  • Visit to the campus of the University of Northern Iowa with the Congressman and Senator Boxer.
  • Game afternoon and meetings with residents at the Journey Senior Living of Ankeny.
  • Dinner with state legislators in the Ramada Hotel in Ankeny.
January 7, 2004:
  • Morning visit and rally at the Roosevelt High School in Des Moines.
  • Lunch meeting with voters with Senators Kerrey and Biden in Jethro's BBQ outside Des Moines.
  • Trip to Missouri.
  • Rally in the Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City.

January 8, 2004:
  • Meeting with voters at the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
  • Rally and public picnic in the Jacob L. Loose Park with Senators Kerrey and Schumer.
  • Meeting with state legislators at the Lincoln University in Jefferson City and speech on civil rights.

January 9, 2004:
  • Visit to and speech at the Missouri State Museum on the importance of culture and science.
  • Lunch with veterans and their families at the Q39 Midtown Restaurant in Kansas City.
  • Pre-recorded interview in late-night show.
  • Rally at the Harry S. Truman Sports Complex in Kansas City.

January 10, 2004:
  • Breakfast and meetings with voters at the Goody Goody diner in St. Louis.
  • Speech at the Missouri Botanical Gardens.
  • Rally at the Saint Louis University in St. Louis with Senators Schumer, Boxer, and Kerrey.
  • Trip to Iowa.

The last 3 days of the Vice-President's schedule for this turn will be made public shortly.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2019, 06:58:00 PM »

Vice-President Gore's Schedule

January 11, 2004:
  • Breakfast at the Grove Cafe in Ames, Iowa.
  • Rally at the Bandshell Park in Ames.
  • Door-to-door across Ames with endorsers.
  • Visit and speech in the Onion Creek Farm in Ames.

January 12, 2004:
  • Visit to the University of Iowa's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
  • Visit to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
  • Trip to DC.
  • Door-to-door across the city with endorsers and volunteers.
  • Rally at the DC Armory with the Mayor, Rep. McKinney, and Senators Boxer and Schumer.

January 13, 2004:
  • Campaigning and GOTV across the city with volunteers and endorsers.
  • Small primary night party at the Renaissance Washington D.C Downtown Hotel.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2019, 07:41:52 PM »

New endorsements for the Vice-President

The IA AFL-CIO and surrogates will be campaigning strongly for the Vice-President across Iowa, especially in worker-heavy areas, highlighting the VP's track record of pro-worker efforts.

Senator Boxer will campaign across strongly Democratic areas, and her style for speeches and rallies will be one focused on turning out the most Democratic voters.

Congressman Boswell will campaign for the Vice-President all across Iowa, with a particular focus towards his third congressional district.

Senator Kerrey will campaign in rural, working-class areas extensively.

The Mayor will campaign extensively across DC, focusing in the same demographics as Rep. McKinney and Sen. Boxer.

DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2019, 06:09:28 PM »

Are you guys still playing this?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2019, 06:36:53 PM »

I intend to...at least for the next few primaries/caucuses, but I wouldn't shed a tear if the game dies.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2019, 03:10:00 PM »

I think i'm going to end this game. I intend on starting a new game soon though, I just need a good point/poll system to detertime winners. Thanks to you all for playing this and be on the lookout for a new game soon!
DemsForLife
Rookie
United States

« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2019, 08:33:33 PM »

can I run
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies