2004 Election Game (gameplay thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:52:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Election Game (gameplay thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: 2004 Election Game (gameplay thread)  (Read 6074 times)
Peanut
Costa Rica

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 06:51:50 PM »
« edited: December 23, 2018, 06:56:36 PM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The ad aired in the Midwest (IA, IL, ND, MI, OH, WI, MN, IN, SD, MO, and KY) and South (SC, FL, GA, NC, VA, LA, MS, AL, AR, and TN) in the same time frame as the last one.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2018, 08:49:43 PM by CTConservative »

Current Endorsements Update:

John Kerry:
Senator Tom Harkin
Governor Tom Vilsack
NAACP
Jim Clyburn
Harry Reid
Tom Daschle
Jesse Jackson
the AARP

Hillary Clinton:
Fmr. President Bill Clinton
Fmr. Governor Ann Richards
Des Moines Register
EMILY’s List

Jeanne Shaheen:
Fmr. Senator Bill Bradley
Fmr. Senator Carol Moseley Braun
National Organization for Women
IA AG Tom Miller

Howard Dean:
Senator Ted Kennedy
Rep. Dick Gephardt

John Edwards:
Ronnie Musgrove
USW

Al Gore
John Lynch
PEI
Senator Chuck Schumer
Senator Joe Biden
Fmr. SoS Madeleine Albright

PM me for endorsements, If I missed any then PM me
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2018, 10:02:35 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 03:14:30 PM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

Vice-President Gore's Campaign Schedule

December 22, 2003:
  • Speech at the University of Iowa.
  • Meeting with local teachers.
  • Lunch and speech at Hamburg Inn No. 2, Iowa City, Iowa.
  • Meeting with voters in Dinky Diner, Decatur, Iowa.

December 23, 2003:
  • Campaigning in Des Moines.
  • Volunteering at the Food Bank of Iowa (no press.)
  • Christmas rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
  • Speech in the headquarters of the IA Democratic Party.

December 24, 2003:
  • Speech in Hickory Hill Park in Iowa City about the importance of family during Christmas.
  • Speech and rally in Nashville, Tennessee.
  • Christmas dinner with family in Tennessee.
  • Televised speech to wish America a merry Christmas.

December 25, 2003:
  • Charity Christmas morning breakfast in Saint Louis, Missouri.
  • Christmas service at Baptist Church in Pleasantville, Iowa.
  • Speech in Northview Middle School in Ankeny, Iowa.

December 26, 2003:
  • Rally outside the Professional Educators of Iowa headquarters in Des Moines.
  • Meeting with Iowan High School teachers in Des Moines.
  • Town Hall in East High School in Des Moines.
  • Speech in Des Moines Gray's Lake Park on the importance of education funding, research, and environmental action.
  • Conference with voters in the Iowa State University's Stephens Auditorium in Ames, Iowa about climate change, scientific advance, and funding for technological programs.
December 27, 2003:
  • Speech and rally outside the Blanden Memorial Art Museum in Fort Dodge, Iowa, about the importance of art and culture.
  • Meeting with students of the Iowa State University on the Iraq War.
  • Flight to New Hampshire.

December 28, 2003:
  • Meeting with veterans and state legislators in Northwood Diner in Northwood, New Hampshire, to discuss the Iraq War and sensible reform to military funding.  
  • Door-to-door with volunteers across Concord.
  • Rally with gubernatorial candidate John Lynch and Secretary of State Madeleine Albright in the Gill Stadium in Manchester.

December 29, 2003:
  • Tour and conversations with voters in Beaver Pond Farm in Newport.
  • Open-air town hall in the docks of Portsmouth.
  • Flight back to Iowa.

December 30, 2003:
  • Rally in Kingston Stadium, Cedar Rapids, with Senators Biden and Schumer and Secretary Albright.
  • Coffee in Des Moines with Hispanic community leaders.
  • Dinner and Town Hall in Waveland Cafe, Des Moines, with the Senators and Secretary.

December 31, 2003:
  • Televised address wishing America a happy New Year and talking about the future.
  • Charity fundraising in Urbandale, Iowa.
  • Trip to Tennessee for dinner with family and public event with Governor Bredesen in Memphis for the New Year.

January 1, 2004:
  • New Year's Church service in Carthage, Tennessee.
  • Trip to Iowa.
  • Door-to-door with volunteers in Cedar Rapids.
  • Rally and public picnic in Beverly Park in Cedar Rapids.
January 2, 2004:
  • Town Hall and breakfast in Mason City High School, in Mason City.
  • Visit to the Mercy Hospital in Iowa City to meet and talk to patients and speech on the importance of healthcare.
  • Rally on the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines with Congresswoman McKinney and Senator Biden.

January 3, 2004:
  • Quick bus tour of Western Iowa.
  • Dinner with African-American community leaders in Iowa City.

January 4, 2004:
  • Door-to-door with volunteers in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, and Iowa City with Congresswoman McKinney.
  • Conversations with caucus-goers.
  • Rally in the West Gymnasium in the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls.
  • Night rally in the Adler Theatre in Davenport.

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2018, 10:41:33 PM »

Blanche Lincoln Debate Answers

Opening Statement:

"I am honored to share the stage with the most talented field the Democratic Party has ever had to offer. We have three women, a former Vice President, and no dearth of ideological diversity. Many may ask, what makes any individual candidate different? Well, I'm a little different from what you see in any political circle. I'm the daughter of a farmer, who wanted to go into nursing to help the most people, but instead got the call for public service. I promise to leave the mud for the hogs, and rise above petty politics to deliver real solutions that Americans care about, not false platitudes and personal attacks. I look forward to a continued debate on the leadership of our party."

A. President George W. Bush has stated that he is not going to pull troops out of Iraq. As President, what will you do about the Iraq War?

"I put my trust in our President during a time of dire import regarding Iraq, and he has proven that the trust was not earned. We need an exit strategy for Iraq, which would call for free and fair elections in the country in order for the US to scale back our troop involvement over the course of several years. The other crucial step is to ensure that our involvement stays within our budget, as the surplus inherited by President Clinton was erased in favor of near limitless spending without an endgame. The President must be sure that they are a good steward of the funds of the taxpayers, and that will be a cornerstone of a Lincoln Presidency."

B. Guns are a hot topic this season. As President, what will you do about guns?

"I grew up in a rural area with plenty of responsible gun owners, however, I've seen the impact that gun violence has on urban communities. My plan includes respect for responsible gun owners, with an emphasis on 'smart gun' technology that would prevent unauthorized use, and the closing of gun show loopholes, that allow too many who otherwise would not be authorized to have a gun obtain one."

C. President George Bush has been often seen as “inexperienced””. What experience(s) and qualifications do you have to be President?

"I served in the House of Representatives for two terms, and the Senate for one. I am a mother, who balances raising children with serving her country. I can think of no better experience for President of the United States. We have put up with nearly four years of failing leadership, caused not by lack of elected experience, but lack of personal experience. We need a President who hears the people, a President who understands what the country is going through, a President who feels not only empathy, but sympathy for the plight of communities around this country. That's the experience I provide."

Closing Statement:

"I want to thank my peers for sharing this stage with me tonight, and for all who tuned in to watch this debate. I hope that this debate shows that the Democratic Party has options, and that there is no 'one clear choice' for our nominee, but an open field of ideas that deserve to be heard. I offer one of those voices, which may not be loud, but speaks for every day Americans, looking for someone to speak up for them, not get caught in the nasty mudslinging that has taken over our political system. Thank you all for listening to this voice tonight."
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2018, 11:29:49 PM »

Jeanne Shaheen responds to attack ads in Waterloo, IA

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2018, 01:02:25 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 01:08:12 AM by iBizzBee »

Jeanne Shaheen Ad # 2 - A New Hampshire Christmas
Iowa, New Hampshire, National Cable Channels

First part of ad; https://ytcropper.com/cropped/ls5c2073d828d78

- Pictures of Jeanne Shaheen walking around and meeting families in the beautiful New Hampshire winter as she speaks, a long with pictures of Jeanne and her family around the Christmas season -

Second part of ad; https://ytcropper.com/cropped/TL5c2076307e8fa
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 02:30:05 AM »

Additional Endorsements for Clinton

EMILY'S List

There are three women running for President this cycle, and we are proud of all of them, but only one has fought for all women of all backgrounds for years. We are honored here at EMILY's List to endorse Hillary Clinton for President of the United States.

In a closely divided field, there were only a handful of candidates who we believe could be worth our endorsement. However, we believe it is time to make history and elect the first female President of the United States, and there is only one woman we believe can win in November. That is Senator Hillary Clinton. She has the right combination of experience and political talent to win, and govern, and we are proud to endorse her.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2018, 08:51:39 AM »

Governor Ronnie Musgrove (D-MS) Endorses John Edwards
Colombia, MS on December 22nd

Governor Ronnie Musgrove (D-MS): I am so happy to be back home in the deep south. I am here to talk to you about the problems in our country. We have a broken education system, growing poverty class and a shrinking middle class, corporations that are hurting the working Americans and all those problems can be lead back to the failures of the leadership in the White House and Washington. We need new leadership in the White House, we cannot have four more years of radical conservative like Dick Cheney and we cannot have four more years of failed leadership like Al Gore. We need new leadership to rebuild our middle class, help our working Americans and fight against the abuse of the corporations. That new leader is a true southern, John Edwards of the great state of North Carolina. John Edwards has my full endorsement and I hope you support him so we can put new leadership in Washington to fix the problems plaguing Mississippi and the South. Now let's welcome, the union-backed candidate, John Edwards

Senator John Edwards (D-NC): Good Afternoon, Mississippi. I am so glad to be here and I am so glad to have the endorsement of your great Governor, Ronnie Musgrove. Before I start my speech, I would like to address Mr. Gore. Mr. Gore, I just saw your latest ad that is playing in Iowa and around the south smearing me and the rest of the candidates. You called me out of touch and said that I only use this office as a stepping stone. Both of those are so far from the truth and you know it. Unlike you, Mr. Gore, I didn't spend my life in politics, I spent it fighting for people that were wronged. I would never use my office to enrich myself or as a stepping stone, I use my office to enrich the working Americans like the people in this crowd tonight. Mr. Gore, you are the candidate that is out of touch, you are the candidate that is using each office as a stepping stone. Mr. Gore, you can lie all you want about my record and my career of fighting for the working class but the American people will see right through your lies and that is why I have the endorsement of the United Steelworkers and you do not.

I would also like to address the radical policy on guns that Senator Feingold holds. He is trying to infringe on the good citizens of this country's rights. My position is ending crime and getting guns off the streets, not off the hands of the good working American. Mr. Feingold's policy may be good for the strong liberal east but he will never win in the general election with this radical policy and he will not win in the south with those policies.

I support the constitution, I support the American people's rights. I will not let the government infringe on your rights, the government is there to protect the American people not harm them. I am a leader in Washington you can trust will bring change to America and bring change to Mississippi. That is my promise to you and that is my promise to every working family out there just getting by because of failed leadership from Al Gore and George Bush.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2018, 10:55:13 AM »

Here's the running list for endorsements so far:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MTNKr51_QZcsR1jYB7U02XDo8gB95py_EIXmV3NKBgY/edit?usp=sharing

I also stated before there is no limit on endorsers, but I feel that 10 is a acceptable number of endorsers to have, as I feel some may be trying to abuse the unlimited endorsers system. Also, if Orrin Hatch, Ernie Fletcher, Jim Talent and Colin Powell do not play by the end of Turn 1 they will be automatically withdrawn.

Don't worry, the limit will go down to 5 for the remaining turns.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2018, 11:00:15 AM »

And, just as a fair warning to you guys, I will not be on the atlas from Christmas up until at least January 1, as I am traveling for Christmas, so the game will "resume" when I get back. Saying that most of the candidates have posted schedules, I may begin Turn 2 tonight.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2018, 11:02:46 AM »

And, just as a fair warning to you guys, I will not be on the atlas from Christmas up until at least January 1, as I am traveling for Christmas, so the game will "resume" when I get back. Saying that most of the candidates have posted schedules, I may begin Turn 2 tonight.

Ok, thanks. By the way, what primary schedule are we using? The real 2004 one? I was looking through it and I saw some important differences from the more modern one.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2018, 11:34:11 AM »

Jim Talent drops out after being shot in Des Moines, Iowa
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2018, 11:45:13 AM »

Ok, thanks. By the way, what primary schedule are we using? The real 2004 one? I was looking through it and I saw some important differences from the more modern one.

Yes.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2018, 11:47:06 AM »

Okay, I'll get my turn up before tonight then.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2018, 11:47:17 AM »

Yes.

Then DC should be the first primary
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2018, 11:49:23 AM »

Yes.

I'd also point out Iowa shouldn't be on January 3. It looks more like the 2008 schedule is being used, which could be difficult, but doable.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2018, 12:01:48 PM »

Yes.

I'd also point out Iowa shouldn't be on January 3. It looks more like the 2008 schedule is being used, which could be difficult, but doable.

I'm alright with using the 2008 schedule (with MI and FL in January) but I'd prefer the 2004 schedule. Maybe just change the IA Caucus date, or move NH and the early February primaries forward?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2018, 12:08:53 PM »

Im good with DC being first. that'd be preferable
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2018, 12:55:07 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2018, 05:29:17 PM by Jaguar4life »

What Garvey did

Garvey campaigned in Florida on his flat tax cut plan and campaign on his plan to win the war in Afghanistan. And Garvey campaigned in Washington DC and Iowa on how he will cut dependence on foreign oil and make sure America is energy independent.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2018, 12:59:50 PM »

Blanche Lincoln Campaign Schedule 12/22-1/4

December 22nd

Campaign Rally in Sioux City, Iowa

"Iowa reminds me of my home. Many of you know that I grew up on a farm, and I saw the impact of red tape regulations on my family farm. The fact is, we need smart regulations that protect our environment and our family farms, not more bureaucracy that only the largest corporate farms can follow. Iowa, you know how important it is to look out for the little guy, and I am the only candidate in the race that is working for you!"

Lincoln tours farms across western Iowa, barnstorming in schools along the way.

December 23rd

Rallies in Cedar Rapids and Davenport

Tour of corn processing plant in Cedar Rapids, where Lincoln touts her upbringing on a farm and agricultural policies

"Our trade policies are representative of a partnership between the government and industry. We need smarter trade agreements to increase our exports of corn and biofuel. The fact is, smart trade not only strengthens our international relationships, but also ensures that plants like this one stay productive and lucrative for our hard working Americans."

Rallies in Waterloo and Iowa City

December 24th

Christmas Eve fundraiser and press conference in Des Moines, answering questions about Lincoln's plan to protect Social Security from privatization and to expand Medicaid

December 25th

Christmas with family in Arkansas

December 26th

Fundraiser in Washington, DC followed by a rally

"Residents of Washington are often forgotten about. Having been a part time resident here in my work in the Senate, I've gotten to know what makes this city tick. It's not our politicians, it's not our lobbyists, what makes this city great are the hardworking individuals who live here year round, working in schools, libraries, and hospitals. I have a bold plan that would offer statehood not only to DC, but to Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the Virgin Islands. I will push for Congress to adhere to the results of a referendum in these territories, and represent the interests of the people."

December 27th

Campaign travels to New Hampshire, with rallies across Manchester on cracking down on illegal gambling

Tour of public schools in Manchester, meeting with teachers' unions

Press conference on the need for additional funding for public schools

December 28th

Visit to Seabrook Station Nuclear Power Plant, talking to workers on the potential of alternative energy

Rally in Nashua on a balanced budget and the role of government

Rally in Concord on smart gun technology and gun control reform

December 29th

Campaign Travels to Delaware, visiting farms across the state, talking to farmers about agricultural reform and trade

Rally in Wilmington on the need for Medicaid expansion and the future of the healthcare industry in the United States

December 30th

Rally in St. Louis

"In 2000, Missouri and my home state of Arkansas were forgotten by the Democratic nominee, and we saw how that went. I will not allow a repeat of 2000 to occur here in my backyard. Missouri is a state that cares about local issues, not partisan bickering. We need smart gun technology, an investment in our agricultural industries, and an exit strategy for Iraq. Those are the cornerstones to my campaign, and I believe they are issues that matter to every day Americans. I also am here to roll out my plan for expanded benefits for our veterans, as this administration has decided we will write a blank check for military spending, but our boys and girls get pennies in support when they come home. This will not continue under a Lincoln administration."

Tour of soybean farms in Missouri, barnstorming with supporters on the need for looser regulation of small family farms

"This state has the second largest number of farms in our country, yet our politicians take the vote of the farmer for granted. The American farmer is who feeds the country, who provides our exports, and who has written our nation's history. I will not forget my roots, and in the Senate, I have pushed for more agricultural subsidies, smarter regulation, and fair trade deals that help increase the income of the American farmer. My opponents may spend their time with wealthy donors, but I will travel the rural parts of this country as thoroughly as the urban sections, hearing you and your concerns, and providing solutions."

Listening tour throughout the rural counties in the state

December 31st

Rally on healthcare in Kansas City

Campaign swings back up into Iowa, with a listening tour through rural counties, focusing on farming communities

January 1st

New Years Party in Des Moines, with a rally following

"I represent a new face for the Democratic Party, a positive, moderate progressivism that we have seen that the country has a yearning for. The new Democratic Party is one that has fresh ideas for representation, foreign policy, and education, but is not unwilling to compromise in order to achieve the results we need. There has been some bickering among my colleagues on the issue of Iraq, and I think Americans are tired of it, we want solutions, not petty jabs. Our plan is one of measurable goals, with a time-frame for an exit within one term, allowing for free and fair elections, and the careful exit starting with non-essential service-members. Our actions must be careful, as there are actual lives at stake."

January 2nd

Tour of the Iron Range in Minnesota, talking about the concerns of rural America

Rally in the Twin Cities, focusing on Medicaid expansion and healthcare  reform

Tour of Duluth, with a speech on the importance of trade in the region

Listening tour of farms throughout Minnesota

January 3rd

Rally in Fargo, North Dakota, speaking on agricultural policy and the need for a new generation of farmers to keep the industry young

Tour of Fargo public schools, speaking on education reform

Tour of Native American reservations, speaking with residents on the need for expanded voting rights and reform for sexual assault survivors

January 4th

Campaign loops back through a rural tour from Iowa to Arkansas, stopping with crowds along the way, focusing on rural issues like trade and regulation, ending in Lincoln's childhood farm, with a planned rally held there.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2018, 02:50:22 PM »

It's the 2004 schedule with DC first.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »

Could we get some polling?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2018, 03:00:10 PM »

December 22nd to January 4th Campaign in Iowa
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2018, 03:49:49 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 03:53:30 PM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

Vice-President Gore's Speech outside Hamburg Inn No. 2
December 22, Iowa City

Quote from: Restricted
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2018, 07:00:47 PM »

Senator Mary Landrieu Endorses Senator John Edwards
Washington D.C. on January 1st

Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA): America is at a crossroad and is going in two paths. We can see this no better than in Washington D.C. where the politicians and the lobbyists keep getting richer and richer and the people working day in and day out are barely getting by. No matter how hard someone works, they still struggle while the corporations run away with the profits. I was proud to vote against the Bush tax cuts which gave benefits to the rich while hurting the poor. We need a leader that fights for the people on the path that is in a path that is not helping them, those who are not on the path of the rich and wealthy.

We need a new American dream for those who are being left behind. We need leaders who will fight for that. That leader is Senator John Edwards. Edwards will fight for you and he needs you to fight for him so he can get to the White House to create a new American dream. Go out and vote, Washington D.C, you are the first in the nation this year and Edwards needs to prove he has what it takes which means he needs your support. He needs you to vote him and with your vote, we will have that leader in the White House that will bring a new American Dream.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies