Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:35:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 358068 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: November 24, 2019, 11:52:43 PM »
« edited: November 24, 2019, 11:55:48 PM by Old School Republican »

Oh, COME on. No Senators from states with GOP Governors.

That includes Sherrod Brown.

I'm not sure about sitting Senators at all. I would say Duckworth would be fine, but then I remember Dems somehow managing to lose IL-SEN in 2010. (2010 memories are all these traumatic fever dreams...worst election of my life, 2016 included)

Many Dems from back in the day apparently said 1994 was a worse election night for them then 1980 .

I don’t see how 2010 though compares because like 2018 , it seemed obvious for months how the election would go and at the Senate level just like the GOP in 2018 you could argue the Democrats actually outperformed expectations.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 03:38:44 PM »

That's Biden just being classy
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 12:02:14 AM »

I don't think she has Obama level skills with turnout though.

Politicians like Obama come once every 50 years. Comparing everyone to him, like they did before 2008 with JFK, is counterproductive.

Reagan and maybe even Bill Clinton were arguably more charismatic
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 03:36:19 PM »

Joe biden is absolutely screwed for VP. the woke left has forced him to take a women as VP. Whitemr is unpopular in Michigan/too risky, kamala is a woke moron, warren is too fake and too far left and abrams is totally unqualified. Its really amy or bust for him. He shouldn't have said only women for veep.

Tammy Duckworth be a good vp pick
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 01:40:10 AM »

Good. If Biden is elected, the 2022 midterms will be bad for Democrats. We'd have a better chance of holding her seat if we have the incumbent running.

I mean, not super much? The map is very good for Democrats https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_United_States_Senate_elections

New Mexico is safe anyway.
New Mexico? She's from Nevada lol.

Oh wait nevermind I was confusing her with someone else.

But NV is also safe.

Not in a Biden Presidency lol, at best its Lean D
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 01:00:12 PM »

This is actually resembling McCain 2008 VP selection

Where Harris is like Mitt Romney a former bitter rival in the primaries who everyone thought McCain/Biden would pick until the last moment

Rice is like Lieberman which is personally who McCain/Biden want to pick but the base would not like at all

Then McCain/Biden pick a one term governor as their running mate
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 04:51:45 PM »

An inside source in the TX Dem Party (an elected official serving on Biden’s campaign) has told me that Joe Biden has decided on Senator Jacky Rosen of Nevada, should she accept, as his running mate.
Really? Stop joking around. It's been clear for months now that the TX Democratic Party has been lobbying and has now been successful in selecting Heidi Heitkamp as VP. Heidi Heitkamp can put both of the Dakotas in play much like 2008 and her folksy populist charm will push Biden and Bullock over the line in Montana, along with building a new blue firewall in the sun belt.
Here is the map if Heidi is selected (yellow = Jo Jergensen)

If the GOP can get CA back in exchange for TX id take that Trade any day
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 05:26:40 PM »

An inside source in the TX Dem Party (an elected official serving on Biden’s campaign) has told me that Joe Biden has decided on Senator Jacky Rosen of Nevada, should she accept, as his running mate.
Really? Stop joking around. It's been clear for months now that the TX Democratic Party has been lobbying and has now been successful in selecting Heidi Heitkamp as VP. Heidi Heitkamp can put both of the Dakotas in play much like 2008 and her folksy populist charm will push Biden and Bullock over the line in Montana, along with building a new blue firewall in the sun belt.
Here is the map if Heidi is selected (yellow = Jo Jergensen)

If the GOP can get CA back in exchange for TX id take that Trade any day

The only way the GOP is getting California back is if Trump drops out and they nominate Bernie Sanders. The state has become very progressive, more so than the Democratic Party itself.

Yah I know lol
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 12:25:27 PM »

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

Sounds to me as though the Biden campaign leaked the Whitmer memo to test the waters.  Consensus appears to be that Harris has been the pick all along.

And this brown girl is perfectly cool with that. 

Harris would be far the second worst pick Biden can make (Warren would be the worst ). Kamala is a terrible candidate in every possible way and we just saw why in 2019.

Biden should go with Rice or Whitmer
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 01:48:34 PM »

My guess is its gonna be Susan Rice
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2020, 02:00:16 PM »

Please dont be Warren or Harris
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2020, 02:03:18 PM »

Literally anyone but Susan Rice would be fine.

Rice would be a good pick
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2020, 02:29:00 PM »

I'm lucky that I'm as young as I am or I probably would have had multiple heart attacks by now,

Given how close Blazers games have been during this bubble I’m saying the same thing lol
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 03:13:16 PM »

I'm lucky that I'm as young as I am or I probably would have had multiple heart attacks by now,

Given how close Blazers games have been during this bubble I’m saying the same thing lol
If we lose to the Mavs today I'm done.

Knowing the pattern of games we will start out with a double digit lead at halftime, collapse in the third quarter then win by 4 points
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies