Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 10:39:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 368745 times)
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6925 on: August 11, 2020, 11:35:56 AM »

I just got the text……

It’s Oprah Winfrey!
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #6926 on: August 11, 2020, 11:36:35 AM »

So megathread wise this thread will be locked as soon as Biden is done giving the formal announcement just as a heads up. If this is leaked before hand, this megathread will continue.

EVERYONE, REPLY AS MUCH AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN DURING THE FORMAL ANNOUNCEMENT SO WE CAN STRETCH THIS OUT AS LONG AS IS HUMANLY FREAKIN' POSSIBLE!!

Absolutely.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6927 on: August 11, 2020, 11:39:27 AM »

This. Tim Kaine was also scheduled to speak at the 2016 DNC before he was announced as VP.

Still Nervous
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6928 on: August 11, 2020, 11:40:25 AM »

This. Tim Kaine was also scheduled to speak at the 2016 DNC before he was announced as VP.

Correct.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #6929 on: August 11, 2020, 11:40:56 AM »

If the choice is today and not Harris I will f'ing twerk in McDonalds to trigger Wulfric and
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6930 on: August 11, 2020, 11:42:31 AM »
« Edited: August 11, 2020, 11:45:38 AM by From Prussia With Love »

Welp, I guess today’s the day the primary campaign against VP Harris starts and I’m 100% behind whoever decides to challenge her (AOC)

nah, doubt AOC challenges her. She's gonna built rapport with the party, take Schumer's seat when he retires, and then run in 2028/2032.

Schumer's probably gonna stay in the Senate until he dies and probably has another 15 years left at the very least (he's "only" 69).  

Welp, I guess today’s the day the primary campaign against VP Harris starts and I’m 100% behind whoever decides to challenge her (AOC)

Lol. Your takeaway from 2020, when a former VP swept their left-wing opponent, is to run someone even more left against an even stronger VP?
Pathetic.

You both can complain all you want, but Kamala Harris has already been proven to be a weak Presidential candidate.

Joe Biden didn’t win because he’s a strong candidate or ran a strong campaign (we all know he didn’t in the primary), he won because a consortium in the party (black voters, old people, and moderates) saw everyone else as too risky for racist/sexist America and put beating Trump above all else.

But when it came to the issues like M4A, student debt cancellation, etc. the party voters were pretty firmly with Bernie/Warren. Bernie’s campaign was full of idiots who antagonized the rest of the party and Warren was blocked from bridging the divide by having Bernie suck up the left wing vote.

AOC has proven she can be trusted by the establishment wing with the respect she’s earned from Schumer & Pelosi and falling in line behind Biden, while retaining her lefty cred by endorsing Bernie.

With all due respect the idea that she's proven she can be trusted or earned any respect for falling in line behind Biden is a bunch of malarkey.  It's like saying someone proved they can be trusted and earned respect just because they know that 1+1=2.

Also, Democratic voters were very much not in Bernie/Warren's camp on M4A, among other issues.  There are also plenty of other issues where Bernie's policy stances hurt him quite a bit (although tbf, on some issues such as student debt and raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans/big business, Democratic voters are definitely in his corner).  In fact, Biden only won the primaries because a good 2/3 of Democratic voters instantly dropped everything and decided to unite around #AnyoneButBernie.  While much of that is because of how many of Bernie's most vocal supporters went out of their way to turn all non-Berniecrats into enemies for life, there were also very real (albeit probably not insurmountable) policy differences at play as well.

In fact, Warren's vocal support for M4A (and complete inability to defend it) single-handedly killed her campaign.  To be fair, one could argue part of that is that Buttigieg was easily the best debater and all-around most charismatic candidate to run in the 2020 primaries, so when he went after her on that issue it was a killshot rather than a catchy zinger, but even accounting for that, what really sunk Warren's campaign was the unpopularity of M4A among Democratic voters.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #6931 on: August 11, 2020, 11:43:20 AM »

Imagine thinking supporting Medicare for All is what killed Warren's campaign.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #6932 on: August 11, 2020, 11:44:08 AM »

It was, along with her flip flopping on the issue
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #6933 on: August 11, 2020, 11:44:32 AM »

I just got the news!

We are not safe in Joe Biden's VP selection process. Vote Trump 2020
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #6934 on: August 11, 2020, 11:46:33 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #6935 on: August 11, 2020, 11:47:42 AM »

It's not that big of a deal Harris is Veep, she ran for Prez already, we already know what type of candidate she is already and once the Veep stops campaigning, they swear in new Senators, Prez Pro Tempore of Senate and vote only in ties and Treaties with SOS, it's really not a job everyone wants. Public doesnt care that much, you don't see Harris 4 Veep signs, they are all Biden signs. Also, the Convention is telecommunications only

That's why I have turned off MSN, it's now a Pro Biden network just as much as Fox News is a pro Trump network.

I  get all of my indy news from CSPAN, and Facebook and here
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #6936 on: August 11, 2020, 11:48:07 AM »

He's too young to be VP. Next!
Corbyn is (no longer) the leader of the Labour Party
DANNT

« Reply #6937 on: August 11, 2020, 11:48:12 AM »

The announcement is def coming either today or tomorrow. I wish he'd delay because the self-awareness in this thread is astounding.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6938 on: August 11, 2020, 11:48:16 AM »

It's called staying objective even when the facts don't support the conclusion you wish they did.  You should try it some time!
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #6939 on: August 11, 2020, 11:48:32 AM »

Off topic but it's hard to say M4A killed Sanders/Warren when the majority of Democratic voters in every state they exit polled said they were in favor of it.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #6940 on: August 11, 2020, 11:48:36 AM »

It's not that big of a deal Harris is Beep,

I'd totally buy a Harris for Beep shirt.  
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6941 on: August 11, 2020, 11:48:55 AM »

Rice is up to 41% on Election Betting Odds, Harris at 33%, Demings at 6%, and Whitmer at 4%. I have no idea why Rice is still surging, but people still seem to be going off the DNC schedule i guess.

I really don’t want Rice.

Is there anyone who does?
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #6942 on: August 11, 2020, 11:48:59 AM »

It's not that big of a deal Harris is Beep, she ran for Prez already, we already know what type of candidate she is already and once the Veep stops campaigning, they swear in new Senators, Prez Pro Tempore of Senate and vote only in ties and Treaties with SOS, it's really not a job everyone wants. Public doesnt care that much, you don't see Harris 4 Veep signs, they are all Biden signs. Also, the Convention is telecommunications only
Ive always wanted to ask you this....even when I lurked (I think you were CORY BOOKER, then)..are you alright?
MikeIrvine
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -5.74

« Reply #6943 on: August 11, 2020, 11:50:31 AM »

I hope he dusts off the Unexpected Cena meme right before he officially announces.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6944 on: August 11, 2020, 11:50:52 AM »

It's not that big of a deal Harris is Beep, she ran for Prez already, we already know what type of candidate she is already and once the Veep stops campaigning, they swear in new Senators, Prez Pro Tempore of Senate and vote only in ties and Treaties with SOS, it's really not a job everyone wants. Public doesnt care that much, you don't see Harris 4 Veep signs, they are all Biden signs. Also, the Convention is telecommunications only
Ive always wanted to ask you this....even when I lurked (I think you were CORY BOOKER, then)..are you alright?

No, no he’s not
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6945 on: August 11, 2020, 11:51:38 AM »

No, no he’s not

Is anyone convinced he's an actual person? His comments are never coherent. Are we sure it's not a bot or something? And I'm being completely serious here
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #6946 on: August 11, 2020, 11:51:47 AM »

The announcement is def coming either today or tomorrow. I wish he'd delay because the self-awareness in this thread is astounding.

The self-awareness will soon evolve to actual consciousness if we give it enough time
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6947 on: August 11, 2020, 11:52:14 AM »

No, no he’s not

Is anyone convinced he's an actual person? His comments are never coherent. Are we sure it's not a bot or something? And I'm being completely serious here

I have no idea
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6948 on: August 11, 2020, 11:52:35 AM »

Off topic but it's hard to say M4A killed Sanders/Warren when the majority of Democratic voters in every state they exit polled said they were in favor of it.

Oh, I don't doubt that most Democrats like the slogan.  I suspect that most voters, regardless of their position on the proposal, probably have no idea what M4A actually entails.  Warren's problems began once voters realized she meant eliminating private health insurance.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #6949 on: August 11, 2020, 11:52:40 AM »

Very true,  and also ignoring polling that indicates dems do in fact want M4A.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies