Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:36:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 366308 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6000 on: August 09, 2020, 06:49:49 AM »

That "What would you like our next VP to talk about at her grassroots fundraiser with Joe?" email tonight is pretty telling.

"...fundraisers we've already held with Biden, Obama, Buttigieg, and Warren have been real highlights in past months".

The email later reads,

"And no matter who the running mate is, we know she'll be just as excited to meet you."

1 - Grammatically speaking, that eliminates Warren.

2 - It's, presumably, someone the Biden team hasn't streamed with yet...

Rice might actually win this lmao

Eh, I know I've put my own share of (admittedly false) hope into vaguely-written emails before (e.g., that one from 'Joe' about his & Warren's "plan to win in November"), but if the most recent reports are truly any indication, then Biden either hasn't made a decision yet or - if he has - has only shared it with his closest confidants (Jill, his sister Valerie, Ted Kaufman, Jen O'Malley Dillon, & maybe somebody else I'm forgetting?), & certainly not the finance team staffer paid to write these emails, because if mid-to-low level staff like them were already aware of the pick, then it would've already been leaked to the networks.

Something tells me this email is just that: an email - like the other 10 they churn out on a daily basis - meant to sound exciting so it can get them as much money as they can get from their email list.

Oh trust me I'm terrified he's gonna pick Rice too lol

I just keep wondering if even Biden himself has any idea yet as to who he's gonna end up picking.

The Bloomberg report from a week or two ago was interesting in that it was the only to mention that Biden himself had really liked Harris for a while now and she was always the top contender *to him*, while others kept throwing alternatives. I guess we'll find out if that was true or not.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6001 on: August 09, 2020, 07:37:07 AM »

That "What would you like our next VP to talk about at her grassroots fundraiser with Joe?" email tonight is pretty telling.

"...fundraisers we've already held with Biden, Obama, Buttigieg, and Warren have been real highlights in past months".

The email later reads,

"And no matter who the running mate is, we know she'll be just as excited to meet you."

"You" as in the person reading the email. I certainly haven't met Harris.
EJ24
United States

« Reply #6002 on: August 09, 2020, 09:48:44 AM »

God, I'm just so thankful it's not gonna be Elizabeth Warren. You guys have no idea how relieved I am. That would have been a Palin-tier disaster.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6003 on: August 09, 2020, 09:54:40 AM »

Yep.

brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #6004 on: August 09, 2020, 09:56:52 AM »

God, I'm just so thankful it's not gonna be Elizabeth Warren. You guys have no idea how relieved I am. That would have been a Palin-tier disaster.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #6005 on: August 09, 2020, 09:59:01 AM »

Yep.

This is an article from activists, not a scientific poll.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #6006 on: August 09, 2020, 09:59:26 AM »

Yep.

If it somehow it’s not I think he will release the Supreme Court shortlist at the same time. Only way out
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6007 on: August 09, 2020, 10:00:45 AM »

Yep.

This is an article from activists, not a scientific poll.

I never said it was???
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6008 on: August 09, 2020, 10:00:50 AM »

The email later reads,

"You" as in the person reading the email. I certainly haven't met Harris.

No, no, no. You're misunderstanding. They're soliciting your input because You are going to be the VP nominee, and they want to know what You would like to talk about at your grassroots fundraiser with Joe.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #6009 on: August 09, 2020, 10:28:48 AM »

Yep.

If it somehow it’s not I think he will release the Supreme Court shortlist at the same time. Only way out
A consolation prize..
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #6010 on: August 09, 2020, 11:00:15 AM »

Y’all. Whatever 25-year-old gets paid to pump out two dozen of these emails a day has no idea what Joe Biden is up to. Cool your jets
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6011 on: August 09, 2020, 11:09:45 AM »

Is the plan still "as late as August 10"? Does this mean that the announcement will be tomorrow?
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #6012 on: August 09, 2020, 11:14:23 AM »

Is the plan still "as late as August 10"? Does this mean that the announcement will be tomorrow?

As far as anybody can still reasonably tell, the plan is simply to have a running mate announced by the convention.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6013 on: August 09, 2020, 11:24:57 AM »

I always thought that meant that he’d hopefully have made a decision by then, not necessarily that it’d be announced by then.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #6014 on: August 09, 2020, 11:27:46 AM »

Biden rode on a bike with a mask to announce the Veep selection without a helmet, and said it will be by text. Its Harris or Warren, obviously.  It's not Rice. That was funny
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #6015 on: August 09, 2020, 11:30:40 AM »

I thought it was "the week of Aug 10"?
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #6016 on: August 09, 2020, 11:35:16 AM »

Please for the love of God don't let it be Rice.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6017 on: August 09, 2020, 11:57:45 AM »

Imagine if we did this for 250+ pages just for him to pick a multi-millionaire foreign policy hack as VP lmao

I'm still buyin the lawn sign tho.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #6018 on: August 09, 2020, 12:15:12 PM »

I have a feeling that it will be Susan Rice even though I support Kamala. Biden will confide in his closest advisers (his wife Jill & his sister Valerie).

Jill apparently is still hesitant about Kamala because of the debates last year and Valerie doesn't like Kamala at all. Biden's team likes Susan Rice and so do Jill & Valerie. Also, Joe might not want to be "outshined" by his VP. It sucks but it is what is.

I think that Susan Rice is one of the worst possible VP picks but ultimately it's up to Joe. It's his decision alone and there's nothing any of us can do about it.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6019 on: August 09, 2020, 12:17:00 PM »

I have a feeling that it will be Susan Rice even though I support Kamala. Biden will confide in his closest advisers (his wife Jill & his sister Valerie).

Jill apparently is still hesitant about Kamala because of the debates last year and Valerie doesn't like Kamala at all. Biden's team likes Susan Rice and so do Jill & Valerie. Also, Joe might not want to be "outshined" by his VP. It sucks but it is what is.

I think that Susan Rice is one of the worst possible VP picks but ultimately it's up to Joe. It's his decision alone and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

I wouldn’t be shocked if those two urge him to go with his heart and pick Whitmer. It’s hard to be blind to the liability Rice is.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6020 on: August 09, 2020, 12:30:57 PM »

If that is true, Biden's wife and sister certainly do nothing to dismantle stereotypes about women being petty and having issues with other women
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6021 on: August 09, 2020, 12:32:54 PM »

If that is true, Biden's wife and sister certainly do nothing to dismantle stereotypes about women being petty and having issues with other women

Kamala is identity liberalism without labor....we found out how it ended in 2016.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6022 on: August 09, 2020, 12:36:28 PM »

The circlejerk of hate here for Rice is bizarre and irrational. I’m almost hoping she gets it now just to spite you all.

She has some liabilities maybe (“BENGHAZI!!!”), but is certainly skilled and experienced enough for the job. She is not a “hack,” nor does the fact that she is a “millionaire” matter — so is Biden, and so is (GASP) Bernie!

Plus, it’s not necessarily a bad thing that she has no electoral experience. Maybe someone who isn’t going to overshadow Biden and be campaigning for her own presidency from day one could be for the best?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6023 on: August 09, 2020, 12:36:54 PM »

I wouldn’t be shocked if those two urge him to go with his heart and pick Whitmer. It’s hard to be blind to the liability Rice is.
You know Whitmer is the choice he wants in his heart based on what? Your hard on for her?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6024 on: August 09, 2020, 12:43:32 PM »

Kamala is identity liberalism without labor....we found out how it ended in 2016.

We get it, you have race issues. No need to mask it by whining about identity politics. Some of you all are no better than Trump or these other knuckleheads on the right-wing. You people were ready to throw minorities under the bus and imitate Trump as a strategy to win, but 2018 proved that imitating Trump was not the way to go. Without minorities Democrats wouldn't not have won the house. It wasn't racist white voters who voted for Democratic candidates, it was minorities and suburbanites.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies