Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 12:47:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 363914 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5275 on: August 03, 2020, 10:30:38 PM »

Jeez fine OK no Bass!
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5276 on: August 03, 2020, 10:32:50 PM »

Okay, I'd rather Harris than Bass now.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5277 on: August 03, 2020, 10:33:54 PM »

Why would DailyCaller release these now instead of after her potential selection? Perhaps they knew they were going to be uncovered by others shortly?
sguberman
United States

« Reply #5278 on: August 03, 2020, 10:45:33 PM »

Why would DailyCaller release these now instead of after her potential selection? Perhaps they knew they were going to be uncovered by others shortly?
Maybe they think that Trump is such a underdog that at this point they would rather not have someone they perceive as being radical being so close to the presidency.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #5279 on: August 03, 2020, 10:52:40 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2020, 12:20:40 AM by BidenHarris2020 »

Okay, I'd rather Harris than Bass now.
Never thought I'd see the day. 😂
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #5280 on: August 03, 2020, 10:54:27 PM »

I just don't understand how Biden's team failed to vet Bass, like, at all. How do you miss: Castro, Scientology, praise of the 1992 riots for burning liquor stores, & the Nation of Islam?

I'm so confused tbh
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #5281 on: August 03, 2020, 10:55:12 PM »

Crappy thread. It’s possible to respect both Kamala Harris andElizabeth Warren. It is possible to believe both would be fine vice presidents. What even is all this?

Tribalism and how "My preferred candidate" doesn't deserve any criticism but "Every other candidate" does
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5282 on: August 03, 2020, 10:57:37 PM »

I just don't understand how Biden's team failed to vet Bass, like, at all. How do you miss: Castro, Scientology, praise of the 1992 riots for burning liquor stores, & the Nation of Islam?

I'm so confused tbh

I believe part of the vetting process is to let the media dissect the candidate. If they would have failed to vet her, they would still be considering her. Wouldn't you think?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5283 on: August 03, 2020, 10:58:27 PM »

I'm so confused tbh

One possibility is that they never seriously considered Karen Bass, and only used her as a smokescreen to distract from the true shortlist candidates.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #5284 on: August 03, 2020, 11:00:33 PM »

I'm so confused tbh

One possibility is that they never seriously considered Karen Bass, and only used her as a smokescreen to distract from the true shortlist candidates.

If so, I hate how she was dragged into it
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #5285 on: August 03, 2020, 11:06:58 PM »

I'm so confused tbh

Whose to say he didn’t and now Harris is decided to leak it out anyway?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #5286 on: August 03, 2020, 11:12:10 PM »

I'm so confused tbh

What motivation would she have? Harris is arguably the favorite, and Bass wasn’t even a factor a week ago, at least not until Dodd starting spewing his BS.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5287 on: August 03, 2020, 11:16:23 PM »

I'm so confused tbh

Another possibility is that Bass accumulated her own collection of foes throughout her time as a public servant. Even though Bass probably dropped out of contention a while back (if she was ever an option to begin with...), but once she became an option the media poked around at her past and found a skeleton. One headline justifies another so those with bones to pick poured energy in finding stories to keep discrediting her. This leads to Bass ending up as a punching bag, even though the campaign never intended for this outcome.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5288 on: August 03, 2020, 11:19:08 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2020, 11:28:00 PM by Make PA Blue Again! »

What an upside down V-shaped ride Bass has been.

There’s just no way this stuff didn’t come up during the vetting. Either they were hoping to keep it hidden in the case she were selected, or they weren’t ever serious about her getting the nod and wanted to just throw another name out to the press.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #5289 on: August 03, 2020, 11:29:05 PM »

I'm so confused tbh
Maybe they didnt. I wonder if more shoes have yet to drop
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5290 on: August 03, 2020, 11:30:12 PM »

I'm so confused tbh
Maybe they didnt. I wonder if more shoes have yet to drop

Let’s not forget the Trump campaign is planning an entire event in Florida just to attack her and no other VP contender.

There’s probably more out there.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #5291 on: August 03, 2020, 11:31:41 PM »

What an upside down V-shaped ride Bass has been.

There’s just no way this stuff didn’t come up during the vetting. Either they were hoping to keep it hidden in the case she were selected, or they weren’t ever serious about her getting the nod and wanted to just throw another name out to the press.
This is making me doubt whether she was even a serious contender to begin with. So many skeketons. Goodness
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #5292 on: August 03, 2020, 11:32:27 PM »

I mean,
 - Which other VP candidate has the political network in California to learn about this stuff so quickly?
 - Which other VP candidate did Bass initially praise/soft-promote, before changing her mind about who she wants to ally with and entering the mix herself?
 - Which other VP candidate occupies Bass's "lane" of a black woman who (at least in the minds of DC types) satisfies both "wings" of the party, and consequently benefits most from her being out of the running?

Not saying this is good or bad -- it's just how the game is played, and whoever's leaking these things is playing it well. But I would be pretty surprised if, uh, said candidate didn't have a hand in at least some of Bass's "resurfaced" issues.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5293 on: August 03, 2020, 11:33:37 PM »

I'm so confused tbh

What motivation would she have? Harris is arguably the favorite, and Bass wasn’t even a factor a week ago, at least not until Dodd starting spewing his BS.

That would be the motivation.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #5294 on: August 03, 2020, 11:34:41 PM »

I mean,
 - Which other VP candidate has the political network in California to learn about this stuff so quickly?
 - Which other VP candidate did Bass initially praise/soft-promote, before changing her mind about who she wants to ally with and entering the mix herself?
 - Which other VP candidate occupies Bass's "lane" of a black woman who (at least in the minds of DC types) satisfies both "wings" of the party, and consequently benefits most from her being out of the running?

Not saying this is good or bad -- it's just how the game is played, and whoever's leaking these things is playing it well. But I would be pretty surprised if, uh, said candidate didn't have a hand in at least some of Bass's "resurfaced" issues.
Pure speculation at this point. Dodd wanted her name out there, so he got what he wanted...for better or worse.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #5295 on: August 03, 2020, 11:35:23 PM »

I'm so confused tbh

To help Harris? Sorry, not sure if I understand.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #5296 on: August 03, 2020, 11:37:16 PM »

I'm so confused tbh

To get back at Dodd I'm assuming.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5297 on: August 03, 2020, 11:42:20 PM »

I'm so confused tbh

That she’s afraid (paranoia or not) that Dodd is causing her to be slipping up to Bass and she needs to counterattack.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5298 on: August 03, 2020, 11:45:33 PM »

Cali politics is brutal. I’m absolutely certain that Harris allies (not her) leaked all this stuff. And good. She wasn’t VP material and I’m glad it got aired out so we wouldn’t have to hear from certain people how Bass was the one that got away.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5299 on: August 03, 2020, 11:58:17 PM »

If this were an inside hackjob by Kamala Harris' allies to benefit her, why only target Karen Bass?  Why not everyone else being considered as Biden's running-mate, including Tammy Duckworth or Susan Rice? 
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies