Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:10:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 366236 times)
BidenHarris2020

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4525 on: July 28, 2020, 11:45:11 PM »

People on another server I am on the works on the campaign has told us Biden for sure has made the choice and is just waiting to announce next week and dropped hints with merch and slogans being made.

Care to share the hints.. 👀
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #4526 on: July 28, 2020, 11:45:47 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2020, 12:17:08 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

People on another server I am on the works on the campaign has told us Biden for sure has made the choice and is just waiting to announce next week and dropped hints with merch and slogans being made.

Well I definitely wasn't the little girl....

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4527 on: July 29, 2020, 12:04:41 AM »

I swear to God with all these leaks if it's not Harris...
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #4528 on: July 29, 2020, 12:06:43 AM »

I swear to God with all these leaks if it's not Harris...

inb4 Biden picks Omar
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #4529 on: July 29, 2020, 12:07:45 AM »

Why would you have *two* big Obama admin officials on the ticket?

Because Obama is incredibly popular?

Of course he is. But there's still plenty of moderates, independents, and even Democrats who don't necessarily won a complete Obama pt. 2 administration. People like that Joe and Obama were close, but that's enough. Rice is just unnecessary at that point and overkill in that department.

Rice would be an absolute disaster. Palin 2.0

What an absurd comparison.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #4530 on: July 29, 2020, 12:09:15 AM »

Why would you have *two* big Obama admin officials on the ticket?

Because Obama is incredibly popular?

Of course he is. But there's still plenty of moderates, independents, and even Democrats who don't necessarily won a complete Obama pt. 2 administration. People like that Joe and Obama were close, but that's enough. Rice is just unnecessary at that point and overkill in that department.

Rice would be an absolute disaster. Palin 2.0

What an absurd comparison.

I mean in the sense that she would hurt electorally. It will allow Republicans to bring up “Benghazi” again and give them an issue, not something we want.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4531 on: July 29, 2020, 12:10:05 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2020, 12:15:55 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

On the server they ruled out Abrams, Duckworth and Rice so take that as you will.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #4532 on: July 29, 2020, 12:10:59 AM »

Oh, thank Christ. (Not that Abrams was a serious contender anyway.)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4533 on: July 29, 2020, 12:16:35 AM »

On the server they ruled out Abrams, Duckworth and Rice so take that as you will.
I have sources (maybe the same ones lol) telling me this as well.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #4534 on: July 29, 2020, 12:20:17 AM »

Okay so if you're high enough in the campaign where you know the identity of the VP pick, you don't reveal these things to a discord server. That's the type of thing that could get you fired. The Kerry campaign made four different campaign posters (Edwards, Gephardt, Graham, Vilsack) to prevent any leak from occurring. I'm in the same discord server as TSA, but the source, while reputable, does troll from time to time. I doubt he's risking a leak just to tell his discord buddies.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4535 on: July 29, 2020, 12:21:32 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2020, 12:32:35 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

Okay so if you're high enough in the campaign where you know the identity of the VP pick, you don't reveal these things to a discord server. That's the type of thing that could get you fired. The Kerry campaign made four different campaign posters (Edwards, Gephardt, Graham, Vilsack) to prevent any leak from occurring. I'm in the same discord server as TSA, but the source, while reputable, does troll from time to time. I doubt he's risking a leak just to tell his discord buddies.

That's why take it with a grain of salt or name the server/person obviously, he is very reputable and trustworthy but he has a tendency to troll if annoyed, so that is why take it with a grain of salt. We'll know for sure in a week so it will all be over soon anyways
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4536 on: July 29, 2020, 12:51:51 AM »

Anyway if yall want to have predictit shares might as well get some since they are changing by the hour
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4537 on: July 29, 2020, 01:22:23 AM »

I mean in the sense that she would hurt electorally. It will allow Republicans to bring up “Benghazi” again and give them an issue, not something we want.

Rice won't hurt Biden electorally but she also won't help at all. I don't pretend to have my finger on the pulse of black voters but I suspect that a foreign policy wonk with zero electoral experience won't exactly cause a surge of enthusiasm among them.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #4538 on: July 29, 2020, 02:43:34 AM »

Rice won't hurt Biden electorally but she also won't help at all. I don't pretend to have my finger on the pulse of black voters but I suspect that a foreign policy wonk with zero electoral experience won't exactly cause a surge of enthusiasm among them.

And her son is a Trumper for God's sake. What goes on in that household? I think we should have that conversation.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4539 on: July 29, 2020, 05:10:02 AM »

At this rate I've (wrongly) built myself up so much that if it's not Harris I'm gonna be disappointed lol
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4540 on: July 29, 2020, 06:37:09 AM »

Ah, so fronting the potential for it to be Rice is Uncle Joe's psyop to get me to be more thankful for Harris.

Smart. I respect it.

Rice is the only candidate who would make me consider voting 3rd party.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4541 on: July 29, 2020, 07:49:58 AM »

I had a feeling all along that Rice was a smokescreen to get people more comfortable with the idea of Harris.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #4542 on: July 29, 2020, 08:27:40 AM »

Wait doesn’t that kind of mean it’s not her? Somebody help me out!
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #4543 on: July 29, 2020, 11:49:16 AM »

Ah, so fronting the potential for it to be Rice is Uncle Joe's psyop to get me to be more thankful for Harris.

Smart. I respect it.

Rice is the only candidate who would make me consider voting 3rd party.

How absurd.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #4544 on: July 29, 2020, 12:32:41 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2020, 12:55:41 PM by brucejoel99 »

Hacks on Tap's episode from last night has VP talk starting at 25:15.

Nice words about Warren:

Quote from: John Heilemann
Biden just - everyone says it - really likes her. I think we all know that what's going to matter a lot in this selection is, what does Biden feel about the person, he keeps telling people over & over again, he really, really likes Elizabeth Warren.

On the shortlist:

Quote from: John Heilemann
Kamala's at the top of the list, I still think Elizabeth Warren's going to be on the shortlist, & there's a big shopping spree going on right now for who the 3rd finalist is. I think Susan Rice is getting a hard look, I think Karen Bass is getting a hard look, Tammy Duckworth is getting a hard look. Those are sort of the 3 candidates who are in contention to fill the 3rd position of the final 3 that he's going to weigh, because I think Harris & Warren are going to be in that final 3 & that's about as far as I'm willing to go at this moment.

On the Chris Dodd thing:

Heilemann: "Not to make an excuse for Chris Dodd [...], he was giving voice to a thing that is around in Biden world, which is he was giving voice to a view that those who are not pro-Harris, their main reason for not being pro-Harris is that they think there's a trust question & it goes back to the way she behaved in that debate in July of 2019. The conventional wisdom still puts her at the top of the list."

David Axelrod: "Yes that was surprising. Usually in Washington, people stab other people in the back, he stabbed her right in the front, I mean there was no disguise about what he was up to."

On thinly sourced articles:

Quote from: Mike Murphy
You know the Biden people have done a good job, because I've been reading all these tiktoks, & it's clear they're all very thinly sourced, no one is really talking [...], but the Biden guys have done a good job at kinda keeping it tight, so I keep reading the same article over & over again.

On Harris:

I don't think it will be Harris, because ambition, trust, & the reviews you get of her behind the scenes in Democratic politics in the Senate are not good & the scrutiny this choice is going to have as a potential next president is going to be tremendous, not to mention the policy differences between them is an opportunity for Trump. I don't know who it will be, but I'm willing to bet money against Kamala. Watch Bass.

Murphy then says Biden shouldn't pick Warren, but he shouldn't pick Harris either, & definitely shouldn't pick Rice, so I guess he's for Bass.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4545 on: July 29, 2020, 12:52:03 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2020, 01:01:22 PM by Make PA Blue Again! »

On Harris:

I don't think it will be Harris, because ambition, trust, & the reviews you get of her behind the scenes in Democratic politics in the Senate are not good & the scrutiny this choice is going to have as a potential next president is going to be tremendous, not to mention the policy differences between them is an opportunity for Trump. I don't now who it will be, but I'm willing to bet money against Kamala. Watch Bass.

Wth?

This entire thing is just pure nonsense, but what really gets me is that he says that Biden’s not going to pick Harris because of their “policy differences” but Bass has a good chance despite literally coming from the Bernie wing of the Democratic Party.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4546 on: July 29, 2020, 01:02:16 PM »

When are these old white guys going to understand that accusing a woman of being too ambitious is about as subtle in 2020 as talking about states rights?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4547 on: July 29, 2020, 01:03:34 PM »

and what are these "reviews" from behind the scenes? i haven't really heard many people speak negatively about Harris "behind the scenes"?
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #4548 on: July 29, 2020, 01:08:01 PM »

What a bunch of bull pudding.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #4549 on: July 29, 2020, 01:12:33 PM »

I’ve disagreed with them many times. But you can’t deny that they know the business better than anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies