Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 02:44:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 362884 times)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3400 on: July 06, 2020, 03:54:45 PM »

Harris' Wikipedia page has been updated 408 times within the past three weeks, similar to Tim Kaine's right before he was announced.

Welcome to Talk Elections Senator!
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3401 on: July 06, 2020, 03:55:04 PM »

Harris' Wikipedia page has been updated 408 times within the past three weeks, similar to Tim Kaine's right before he was announced.

Worth noting that most of the edits have already been linked to a single #KHiver and not someone of note in the party.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #3402 on: July 06, 2020, 03:55:41 PM »

Hope this isn't a sock but not betting on it lol
a sock?
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #3403 on: July 06, 2020, 03:59:21 PM »

I cant post the link, but The Intercept (I know...), has an article listing the # of edits to various VP prospects' wiki pages. Harris - 408, Abrams - 66, Warren - 22, Klobuchar - 4.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3404 on: July 06, 2020, 04:00:39 PM »

Hi, Kamala!
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #3405 on: July 06, 2020, 04:01:45 PM »

I'm not, but lets have that conversation.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3406 on: July 06, 2020, 04:19:07 PM »

Lol. I like you already.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3407 on: July 06, 2020, 04:30:57 PM »

Welcome to Kamala's Atlas army!
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3408 on: July 06, 2020, 04:46:58 PM »

gf20202
« Reply #3409 on: July 06, 2020, 04:58:38 PM »

What a strange turn of events. I saw MSNBC advertise a live hit with her at 6 PM EST / 3 PM PST, two minutes later she is tweeting about having the virus. She's going to be on with Joy in five minutes I guess.

Wonder how this impacts her standing in the search. She can't obviously meet with Biden in the next few weeks, which I assume inperson meetings were still happening. But having anti-bodies right now might be a strange positive? Hope she is okay obviously.
gf20202
« Reply #3410 on: July 06, 2020, 05:09:10 PM »

I don't think this tv hit is a good idea for KLB, apparently she literally just found out. While composed, she does seem a little shaken, understandably.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #3411 on: July 06, 2020, 05:16:50 PM »

Hope she gets better.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3412 on: July 06, 2020, 05:19:06 PM »

I don't think KLB was a serious contender in recent weeks anyway.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3413 on: July 06, 2020, 06:13:25 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2020, 06:17:13 PM by MAGugh »

The point about her being a danger around Biden is unfortunately true. KLB's diagnosis seals Demings/Harris (Hey there, Senator!)/Warren, if the Biden camp hasn't already made their decision.

I was really hoping for her, even after all the violence in Atlanta. Sad

I hope she recovers and runs for higher office someday.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3414 on: July 06, 2020, 06:54:22 PM »

The Nation article pushing Barbara Lee. Lee would combine the pros of the current main candidates...except she fails the age test by 10 years or more.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #3415 on: July 06, 2020, 07:02:10 PM »

Still rooting for Biden/Warren, but I pretty much resigned myself that it's going to be a Biden/Harris ticket, as that seems to be where this is heading.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3416 on: July 06, 2020, 07:45:02 PM »

I think she was. She is a prominent black woman in politics, she has the executive experience that Abrams does not, she has the down to earth personality of Demings, and she lacks the prosecutorial record of Harris.

She would be a solid pick, but what probably prevents her from being considered is that the actual Atlanta jurisdiction is roughly 500k. Even though she probably represents closer to 4-5 million people. Most of the surrounding municipalities and counties here usually follow the lead of Atlanta. Also if you ask somebody as far out as McDonough, Buford, or Hiram who their Mayor is they will likely say Bottoms.   
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3417 on: July 06, 2020, 07:49:14 PM »

Apparently, in their quest, the #KHive is now doxing supporters of rival "VP campaigns" and going Full Birther on Duckworth. (Incidentally, the person behind the birthers is one of those brainlets who, and I hate to use this term because of how diluted it's become, played the race card when I criticized Kamala's support base as toxic on Twitter)

Suddenly, I finally realize what y'all were talking about when you criticized my wing. I love Kamala and think she's a great voice for our party, but I don't want her toxic supporters associated with the Biden campaign.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #3418 on: July 06, 2020, 07:50:46 PM »

I think she was. She is a prominent black woman in politics, she has the executive experience that Abrams does not, she has the down to earth personality of Demings, and she lacks the prosecutorial record of Harris.

She would be a solid pick, but what probably prevents her from being considered is that the actual Atlanta jurisdiction is roughly 500k. Even though she probably represents closer to 4-5 million people. Most of the surrounding municipalities and counties here usually follow the lead of Atlanta. Also if you ask somebody as far out as McDonough, Buford, or Hiram who their Mayor is they will likely say Bottoms.   

The Biden camp probably feels that she's more loyal/they can trust her more than some of the other contenders.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3419 on: July 06, 2020, 07:55:24 PM »

Apparently, in their quest, the #KHive is now doxing supporters of rival "VP campaigns" and going Full Birther on Duckworth. (Incidentally, the person behind the birthers is one of those brainlets who, and I hate to use this term because of how diluted it's become, played the race card when I criticized Kamala's support base as toxic on Twitter)

Suddenly, I finally realize what y'all were talking about when you criticized my wing. I love Kamala and think she's a great voice for our party, but I don't want her toxic supporters associated with the Biden campaign.

It was dumb when it happened to Sanders and it's dumb now. As long as she can make some blanket statement against abuse in her name, Harris should not be held accountable for the inevitable bile that will spew forth from the mouths of some presidential ticket's supporters in an extremely toxic election. Does it make her campaign's criticism of ThE BroS, in addition to the criticisms of many of her supporters, hypocritical? Sure, but that's not going to be very relevant in this upcoming election and I'd really rather everyone just came around to accepting that it was a stupid purity test than trying to enforce it on yet more candidates.

Claiming politicians have sovereignty over their Twitter fans is forcing an impossible purity test upon those who inspire grassroots activists.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3420 on: July 06, 2020, 08:06:00 PM »

It's the KHive, what do you expect?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3421 on: July 06, 2020, 08:41:08 PM »

Boom.

TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3422 on: July 06, 2020, 08:42:58 PM »

Boom.

Finally, a Democrat with the gall to go hard. I like her more and more
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #3423 on: July 06, 2020, 08:44:05 PM »

I want Biden/Duckworth or Biden/Warren because Duckworth can't be attacked.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3424 on: July 06, 2020, 08:48:11 PM »

You mind DM’ing me receipts? I see you in this thread acting like KHive is putting out hits on folks and never see proof. Let’s discuss this in PMs. Don’t want to bog this thread down at all.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies