Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 03:19:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 363776 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: May 21, 2020, 04:10:25 PM »

Wow, so many people are FURIOUS at the fact that Amy is being vetted. I don't want Amy to be Biden's VP pick but the outrage online especially by Bernie Bros and other progressives is ridiculous
OkThen

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 0.35

« Reply #1601 on: May 21, 2020, 04:19:05 PM »

Even Hassan is being vetted, why are people freaking out over Klobuchar? There was always going to be a solid list of 5-8 people who would be heavily vetted.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1602 on: May 21, 2020, 04:21:27 PM »

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1603 on: May 21, 2020, 04:23:53 PM »

Honestly, and I'm saying this as someone who doesn't dislike her, Klobuchar is a very uninspiring and boring pick. Who's excited for her? Middle aged suburban soccer moms in Minnesota? So yeah, I can understand why people don't love the prospect of her being the VP.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1604 on: May 21, 2020, 04:24:41 PM »

I think Val Demings would actually be a pretty exciting pick.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1605 on: May 21, 2020, 04:25:19 PM »

You're from FL, do you think she would help Biden's election prospects?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1606 on: May 21, 2020, 04:29:11 PM »

You're from FL, do you think she would help Biden's election prospects?

I think she'd help with turnout among people of color. But if your asking me if she's a well known figure outside of Orlando, I'd have to say no.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1607 on: May 21, 2020, 04:47:40 PM »

Wow, so many people are FURIOUS at the fact that Amy is being vetted. I don't want Amy to be Biden's VP pick but the outrage online especially by Bernie Bros and other progressives is ridiculous

So, in light of that, how about we don’t needlessly give the finger to a large segment of the Democratic base this cycle?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1608 on: May 21, 2020, 04:54:08 PM »

So, in light of that, how about we don’t needlessly give the finger to a large segment of the Democratic base this cycle?
What's this supposed to mean? Huh
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #1609 on: May 21, 2020, 04:55:15 PM »

They're sleeping on the fact that in Trump's latest tweet, he didn't have a nickname for her.  Truly she is so strong that her presence on the ticket will drive Biden to victory.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1610 on: May 21, 2020, 04:55:16 PM »

Val Demings and Abrams are gonna be cabinet picks, not Veep material
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1611 on: May 21, 2020, 04:57:29 PM »

The CBS article that sent Twitter into a frenzy notes Klobuchar is one of several women currently being vetted.

But Twitter never misses a chance to have a full blown meltdown over a headline.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1612 on: May 21, 2020, 04:57:50 PM »

It means that the VP pick should be someone who appeals to a large segment of the Democratic base, one who supports policies that a majority of the party supports.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1613 on: May 21, 2020, 04:58:52 PM »

Twitter is a cesspool. Nothing surprising about Klobuchar being vetted. Biden would be stupid to put all his eggs in one basket.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1614 on: May 21, 2020, 05:01:47 PM »

Klobuchar would be a poor pick. She's similar to Kaine in that she is from the same faction as the nominee and is from a state the nominee is already likely to win. I really don't believe Biden would be more likely to win midwestern states with her on the ticket. Warren, Harris, Lujan Grisham, and Duckworth would all be far better choices.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1615 on: May 21, 2020, 05:03:27 PM »

It means that the VP pick should be someone who appeals to a large segment of the Democratic base, one who supports policies that a majority of the party supports.
I agree and Kamala fits the bill.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1616 on: May 21, 2020, 05:18:36 PM »

Still think its Bernie Bro Warren
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #1617 on: May 21, 2020, 05:18:36 PM »

twitter having a meltdown?

just another day, nothing to see

there isn't really any outstanding options for vp so i don't really have a fave in this race
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1618 on: May 21, 2020, 05:20:30 PM »

Sure, but she's not a perfect fit. I feel like someone who's a combination of Harris and Warren, without either's weaknesses, would be the best pick. But no such person exists.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #1619 on: May 21, 2020, 05:57:41 PM »

Sure, but she's not a perfect fit. I feel like someone who's a combination of Harris and Warren, without either's weaknesses, would be the best pick. But no such person exists.
I don’t know, I think. Presley comes pretty close, Or even. Karen bass. But for some reason neither of them are getting Attention
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1620 on: May 21, 2020, 06:26:16 PM »

Klobuchar being considered doesn't mean she's officially getting picked. The process is still ongoing. People need to calm down. I agree though that she wouldn't be a great pick. I really don't think she offers much. She would have been perfect for a nominee like Sanders, but not so much for Biden.
SJ84
Rookie
« Reply #1621 on: May 21, 2020, 07:08:02 PM »

Is Amy Klobuchar the worst choice for Vice President? Not at all. In fact, she is more than qualified. We have to remember that it's likely the VP announcement comes mid summer. Seems a lot of people are ignoring the fact that today it was also revealed Sen. Maggie Hassan is being looked at too. Lots of politicians are being vetted but I honestly think there are only a few strong choices that will be considered: Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren, Val Demings and Gretchen Whitmer.

If I were to put money down on what the Dem ticket will be, I would bet it's going to be Biden/Harris.
woodley park

« Reply #1622 on: May 21, 2020, 07:40:56 PM »

Klobuchar is a terrible choice. Let’s hope this is a trial balloon to see how folks react to her being vetted.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1623 on: May 21, 2020, 07:43:33 PM »

I don't believe that there is a large contingent of bernard brothers who are furious that Biden might choose Klobuchar over Keisha Lance Bottoms or whoever. Nobody cares
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1624 on: May 21, 2020, 07:49:22 PM »

Y'all c'mon...Biden's selective leaks about Klobuchar are just to make it so #woke progressives can breathe a collectives sigh of relief when he invariably picks Harris.  It's the same thing Clinton did in Vilsack and Stavridis.

Veepstakes is all about managing expectations.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies