Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:58:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 357551 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3650 on: July 12, 2020, 05:20:21 PM »

Something else that should be noted in terms of the "Fox News/Republicans attacks on the VP" that was discussed in the past few pages... remember that during the primary, Trump was the most afraid of Harris of most of the possible nominees. And despite having an attack line for most of the Dem field, he never quite could figure out how to attack Harris. That should be kept in mind.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3651 on: July 12, 2020, 05:33:30 PM »

Something else that should be noted in terms of the "Fox News/Republicans attacks on the VP" that was discussed in the past few pages... remember that during the primary, Trump was the most afraid of Harris of most of the possible nominees. And despite having an attack line for most of the Dem field, he never quite could figure out how to attack Harris. That should be kept in mind.

That's because Biden is a, a decent human being, and be, needed to worry about shein off black voters and anti-racist whites. Trump and fox have neither of those restraints whatsoever. The fact that she was elected attorney general and then senator of the largest state in the country is going to be subsumed by the fact that she may have slept with Willie Brown Early in her career. San Francisco radical will become a chic phrase on the Facebook again, and one can even expect perhaps some mild birtherism about her background. There's nothing there, but there wasn't anything there about Obama either and....
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3652 on: July 12, 2020, 05:49:16 PM »

That's because Biden is a, a decent human being, and be, needed to worry about shein off black voters and anti-racist whites. Trump and fox have neither of those restraints whatsoever. The fact that she was elected attorney general and then senator of the largest state in the country is going to be subsumed by the fact that she may have slept with Willie Brown Early in her career. San Francisco radical will become a chic phrase on the Facebook again, and one can even expect perhaps some mild birtherism about her background. There's nothing there, but there wasn't anything there about Obama either and....

I doubt that people will care about stuff like that which is borderline gossip, especially when the attacker is a libertine like Trump.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3653 on: July 12, 2020, 05:58:44 PM »

8/1 we are gonna find out whom Biden will pick
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3654 on: July 12, 2020, 06:31:31 PM »

I doubt that people will care about stuff like that which is borderline gossip, especially when the attacker is a libertine like Trump.

This is the point right here. "San Francisco Radical" and "Sleeping with willie brown to get a job" all sound like ridiculous Fox News smears that will work with Fox News viewers and.... no one else. No one in the general public who has a brain has time for stupid non-event scandals anymore IMO, given the current environment with the virus.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3655 on: July 12, 2020, 06:36:37 PM »

Biden is winning anyways, the Veep whomever he picks isnt to me that important than if it was a tossup race
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3656 on: July 12, 2020, 06:38:49 PM »

This is the point right here. "San Francisco Radical" and "Sleeping with willie brown to get a job" all sound like ridiculous Fox News smears that will work with Fox News viewers and.... no one else. No one in the general public who has a brain has time for stupid non-event scandals anymore IMO, given the current environment with the virus.

Yeah, it will be like 2008 when the McCain campaign was talking about Ayers and Wright in the middle of a global economic meltdown.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3657 on: July 12, 2020, 06:46:32 PM »

Yeah, it will be like 2008 when the McCain campaign was talking about Ayers and Wright in the middle of a global economic meltdown.

Yeah, I think if this was a normal cycle that little stuff from say, Harris's past would matter and may generate bigger headlines, but considering in her case, most of her stuff has been litigated in the public already last year, and now with the virus, something needs to be *big* for it to matter to the general public.

I mean, even look at Tara Reade. Aside from the fact that it was a faulty allegation, it still wasn't a *massive* story at any point of it, IMO. It made news, but not nearly as big as it would have if not for the virus. Fox will start non-stop smears of whoever the VP is and keep going 24/7 till November. But that will be an echo chamber and everyone else will be dealing with what really matters.

So with that being said, I just don't think anyone should really get too wound up about particular smears for anyone. However, I will say though that I think Rice has the most liability in that department, b/c relitigating Benghazi and the Obama admin has the most *chance* (albeit still small) of gaining larger traction, especially among moderate voters
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #3658 on: July 12, 2020, 07:07:35 PM »

Yeah, I think if this was a normal cycle that little stuff from say, Harris's past would matter and may generate bigger headlines, but considering in her case, most of her stuff has been litigated in the public already last year, and now with the virus, something needs to be *big* for it to matter to the general public.

I mean, even look at Tara Reade. Aside from the fact that it was a faulty allegation, it still wasn't a *massive* story at any point of it, IMO. It made news, but not nearly as big as it would have if not for the virus. Fox will start non-stop smears of whoever the VP is and keep going 24/7 till November. But that will be an echo chamber and everyone else will be dealing with what really matters.

So with that being said, I just don't think anyone should really get too wound up about particular smears for anyone. However, I will say though that I think Rice has the most liability in that department, b/c relitigating Benghazi and the Obama admin has the most *chance* (albeit still small) of gaining larger traction, especially among moderate voters

Yeah, I still think if you are going for the rare FDR, Eisenhower, Reagan landslide that Duckworth is the way to accomplish this. This is not a turn out the base to win Florida by 0.5% type of election despite what the activists think.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3659 on: July 12, 2020, 08:39:35 PM »

Yeah, I still think if you are going for the rare FDR, Eisenhower, Reagan landslide that Duckworth is the way to accomplish this. This is not a turn out the base to win Florida by 0.5% type of election despite what the activists think.

Exactly. No VP pick is going to “juice” turnout more in this election, lmao. The Donald is doing that all by himself for both parties.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #3660 on: July 12, 2020, 09:00:50 PM »

I hadn't heard about this, but if Harris gets picked as the running mate I'm sure this "scandal" will come up. Here's one for the guys who despite being liberal on most issues, will simply refuse to admit that sexism is an issue in American politics.

A woman studies law, gets accomplished in her field, becomes a district attorney, then attorney general, then senator, then presidential candidate, then running mate, and she had sexual relations with another politician decades ago. One of these things is not like the other.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #3661 on: July 12, 2020, 09:10:25 PM »

I think we are underestimating bass. She is close with Jim Clyburn
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #3662 on: July 12, 2020, 09:36:05 PM »

She will be a Senator.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #3663 on: July 12, 2020, 09:45:04 PM »

I hadn't heard about this, but if Harris gets picked as the running mate I'm sure this "scandal" will come up. Here's one for the guys who despite being liberal on most issues, will simply refuse to admit that sexism is an issue in American politics.

A woman studies law, gets accomplished in her field, becomes a district attorney, then attorney general, then senator, then presidential candidate, then running mate, and she had sexual relations with another politician decades ago. One of these things is not like the other.

The problem is Willie Brown is 30 years older than her, appointed her to several positions while dating her. This really is not terribly ethical behavior. I don't think if they were in the same age range this would be as much of a problem but this is a pretty wide gap.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3664 on: July 13, 2020, 02:54:22 AM »

Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #3665 on: July 13, 2020, 03:28:34 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2020, 03:32:20 AM by Da2017 »

Examples? How do the edits make Warren 's records look critical
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3666 on: July 13, 2020, 05:32:06 AM »

Examples? How do the edits make Warren 's records look critical

also, how is any of that Harris's fault?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3667 on: July 13, 2020, 09:08:11 AM »

Yes, because I'm sure Joe Biden is very concerned about the editing of a bunch of wikipedia pages.
DisneyDem
Rookie
« Reply #3668 on: July 13, 2020, 09:12:11 AM »

I’m with Mike Murphy. I’m betting the field against Harris
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3669 on: July 13, 2020, 09:18:47 AM »

The problem is Willie Brown is 30 years older than her, appointed her to several positions while dating her. This really is not terribly ethical behavior. I don't think if they were in the same age range this would be as much of a problem but this is a pretty wide gap.

You have an unhealthy obsession with Willie Brown. The only people I saw actually caring about that were from MAGA Twitter. I guarantee you nobody on Team Biden cares.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3670 on: July 13, 2020, 09:32:38 AM »

I’m with Mike Murphy. I’m betting the field against Harris

You have an unhealthy anti-Harris obsession, so this is not surprising
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3671 on: July 13, 2020, 10:14:55 AM »

Yes, because I'm sure Joe Biden is very concerned about the editing of a bunch of wikipedia pages.

But when Bernie's supporters tweet mean things at politicians for not supporting medicare for all, that's....? Bad?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3672 on: July 13, 2020, 10:19:36 AM »

But when Bernie's supporters tweet mean things at politicians for not supporting medicare for all, that's....? Bad?
No.... but it was bad when his press secretary and other senior level staff said that Senators/other presidential candidates wanted people to die because they didn’t support Methuselah’s plans to a tee.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3673 on: July 13, 2020, 10:34:16 AM »

No.... but it was bad when his press secretary and other senior level staff said that Senators/other presidential candidates wanted people to die because they didn’t support Methuselah’s plans to a tee.

I just find it particularly hypocritical that half of Bernie's questions at debates were "Senator, your followers tend to be very rude online. Can you please condemn them here tonight?" but when Kamala's followers engage in similar behavior, we're expected to just brush it off.

And look, I think Bernie's followers suck and they're part of the reason I've moderated a little bit in the last few months because they drove me so crazy with all the constant negativity, and I've also been pretty open about the fact that I would be fine with Kamala being chosen as VP, I just want to see the same standard being upheld for toxic supporters in anyone's base. It's either all a problem or none of it is.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3674 on: July 13, 2020, 10:50:06 AM »

I just find it particularly hypocritical that half of Bernie's questions at debates were "Senator, your followers tend to be very rude online. Can you please condemn them here tonight?" but when Kamala's followers engage in similar behavior, we're expected to just brush it off.

And look, I think Bernie's followers suck and they're part of the reason I've moderated a little bit in the last few months because they drove me so crazy with all the constant negativity, and I've also been pretty open about the fact that I would be fine with Kamala being chosen as VP, I just want to see the same standard being upheld for toxic supporters in anyone's base. It's either all a problem or none of it is.
His staff were some of the biggest trolls though. They amplified it.

Kamala Harris’s staff is not doxing folks and calling Elizabeth Warren a “lying bitch” for divulging a private conversation between herself and Senator Sanders. 🤷🏿‍♂️
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies