CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:40:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33
Author Topic: CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House  (Read 57703 times)
UncleSam

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2019, 06:25:51 PM »

Remember three years ago when Atlas had this idea that Colorado was about to become Titanium R and the leader of the resistance to President Clinton?

Actually, I don't.
Ya up until the first debate it looked like Colorado was the tipping point state - iirc Trump was tied there with Clinton in a poll or two following the September 11th collapse and before her post-debate bounce back.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2019, 06:28:23 AM »

Did Cory Gardner just endorse the God Emperor for 2020? If so, his chances to get reelected dropped from about 3% to 0.0%.

HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2019, 09:59:31 AM »

Did Cory Gardner just endorse the God Emperor for 2020? If so, his chances to get reelected dropped from about 3% to 0.0%.

Are the deplorables mounting a primary challenge to him? That could explain it, but like all of Trump's poop tweets, you have to assume that he's probably lying.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2019, 11:30:09 AM »

Yes he did. I saw a news brief on my local news station the other day about it. Endorsing Trump is definitely not a wise move for Gardner, and will only put him further in the hole.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2019, 11:30:28 AM »

Are the deplorables mounting a primary challenge to him? That could explain it, but like all of Trump's poop tweets, you have to assume that he's probably lying.

This time, he isn't. RIP Senator Gardner.

Sen. Cory Gardner endorses Trump re-election
UncleSam

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2019, 01:02:40 PM »

Lol as if this has literally any impact on his re-election chances. His only hope was going to be if Trump won in a landslide in 2020 and carried CO, endorsing Trump makes no difference. He’s likely to lose regardless.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2019, 01:46:33 PM »

Well, so much for Reasonable Moderate Smiley Smiley Smiley Republican Cory Gardner outrunning Trump by 10. He'll be lucky to outrun Trump by more than 1-2%, which means he needs the red wave to be real (and massive) to survive.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2019, 11:53:00 AM »

It is smarter to endorse or say you'll vote for Trump than be "never Trump."
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2019, 12:57:36 PM »

In a cynical way, endorsing Trump covers all of Gardner's bases.
- If he wins, so has Trump, who he will have a closer working relationship with.
- If he loses, but Trump wins, he's first in line for an administration job
- If he and Trump loses, it doesn't matter. There are decades of lucrative speeches and lobbying ahead of him.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2019, 10:36:43 PM »

Duran being pushed to primary DeGette, Schumer wants Perlmutter or Hick and national Dems including EMILY's List frustrated at Duran's indecision.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2019, 10:38:23 PM »

Perlmutter would be a strong candidate due to his connections to the Denver suburbs. This is surprising, I really expected Crisanta Duran to run. I think Hickenlooper will run for the Presidency. So, would this make Perlmutter the likely tonominee
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2019, 10:47:19 PM »

I mean, to be honest, it doesnt really matter what candidate the Ds put up. Unless its a murderer, or a pedophile, or something atrocious, the Ds should take Gardner's seat. If Duran were to run, she would probably represent the strongest Progressive candidate, while Hickenlooper and Perlmutter would be more moderate choices.

I have no clue at all why Duran would go for a primary challenge against a heavily entrenched incumbent when she would have a rather moderately easy time dispatching her opponents in a primary for the D nomination against Gardner, but its her choice in the end.

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2019, 11:12:54 PM »

Perlmutter sucks but Hickenlooper is even worse so I'll take Perlmutter...
But actually you know what?
Why not just run Udall again?
What's the point? He's not stupid enough to run another abortion centred campaign and he was one of the best US Senators imo. And there's NO way Udall loses, not with Trump on the ballot
Neguse is great too but I think he wants to serve more then one term in the house lol.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2019, 11:29:16 PM »

Romanoff isn't a serious candidate as far as I can tell but I'm tentatively giving him my critical support as of This Point.

Duran is going to be Ayanna Pressley 2.0, IMO.
Wow...
But curious, why does everyone want to primary DeGette?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2019, 11:49:44 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2019, 01:01:08 AM by Roll Roons »

What's the point? He's not stupid enough to run another abortion centred campaign and he was one of the best US Senators imo. And there's NO way Udall loses, not with Trump on the ballot
Neguse is great too but I think he wants to serve more then one term in the house lol.

Mark Udall is one of the few people who could conceivably lose this race. Gardner won't let voters forget about "Mark Uterus". Plus bringing back old candidates tends not to go so well - look what happened to Feingold, Bayh, Bredesen, Strickland, etc. Udall could get Interior or Energy in the next Democratic adminstration.

If we're bringing up Neguse as a possibility, why not his fellow freshman Jason Crow? Young, telegenic Iraq/Afghanistan veteran who defeated a tough, entrenched incumbent by double digits. And it's not like his district would flip back with Trump on the ballot.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2019, 01:19:34 AM »

Mark Udall is one of the few people who could conceivably lose this race. Gardner won't let voters forget about "Mark Uterus". Plus bringing back old candidates tends not to go so well - look what happened to Feingold, Bayh, Bredesen, Strickland, etc. Udall could get Interior or Energy in the next Democratic adminstration.

If we're bringing up Neguse as a possibility, why not his fellow freshman Jason Crow? Young, telegenic Iraq/Afghanistan veteran who defeated a tough, entrenched incumbent by double digits. And it's not like his district would flip back with Trump on the ballot.

I wouldn't have a problem with Crow, Perlmutter, or Hickenlooper. My preference is for a moderate or at least establishment liberal Democrat to go up against Gardner in 2020.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2019, 11:01:46 AM »

Not sure why Schumer seems to think a moderate is necessary to beat Gardner. And if he and the DSCC were looking to add increased diversity to the Senate, Colorado is one of those races to focus on getting a woman or person of color. The only other offensive races where women/minorities appear likely to get the nod are GA and ME.

I wouldn't really consider Perlmutter a moderate. Outside of being against the Volcker rule, his voting record has been pretty liberal.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2019, 01:03:51 PM »

If Schumer wants Perlmutter or Hickenlooper, that really sucks. I want someone more progressive, but Chuck apparently wants a moderate. This is no time for centrism.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2019, 01:08:42 PM »

If Schumer wants Perlmutter or Hickenlooper, that really sucks. I want someone more progressive, but Chuck apparently wants a moderate. This is no time for centrism.

I don't think it actually matters that much. It's not like either of them would vote like Manchin.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2019, 06:53:39 PM »

Hickenlooper not running

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/23/john-hickenlooper-2020-senate-1182424?cid=apn
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2019, 07:00:31 PM »

Good riddance that this pro-profit health care clown will come nowhere near the Senate.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2019, 07:06:14 PM »

Nice!
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2019, 07:11:44 PM »

Gardner actually has a credible shot now.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2019, 07:13:45 PM »

Hickenlooper isn't running? Thank God. Even though I'm an atheist.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2019, 07:18:02 PM »

Hickenlooper would've locked this race down but Gardner is toast anyways. Should cancel out Alabama.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies