SC Megathread 2020: Graham Crackers, Cunning-Ham Sandwiches and Duncan Donuts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:41:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SC Megathread 2020: Graham Crackers, Cunning-Ham Sandwiches and Duncan Donuts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
Author Topic: SC Megathread 2020: Graham Crackers, Cunning-Ham Sandwiches and Duncan Donuts  (Read 38299 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2020, 12:19:20 PM »

Lindsey looking like a flip flop is going to have a more profound impact than there being a SC vacancy alone

Anyone who cares about Graham's flip-flopping is already voting for Harrison.

I don't think this is true. There are a lot of smarmy "swing voters" who consider themselves above petty partisan bickering who may vote en masse for Harrison now.

No. That was already happening because of Graham's high-profile pivots on Trump. If anything, Graham supporting Trump in a "controversial" way will help him with his base problem.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2020, 12:20:15 PM »

This race was probably not going to flip anyways. I still think he drags Cunningham over and possibly hurts Joe Wilson as well
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2020, 01:16:32 PM »

It seems like there's a really obvious opportunity for a great ad here. First show Graham saying negative things about Trump in 2015-16, then really positive things about him. Then show Graham talking about how a vacancy in an election year shouldn't be filled, then show him saying it should.

"What are we getting when we send Lindsey to Washington? How can we trust that he won't flip-flop again??"

If I had a little better skills at this kind of thing, I would just do it myself and release it on YouTube and social media.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2020, 01:54:26 PM »

Why is this negative for Harrison? They’re confirming the pick period. This election isn’t going to decide who votes for RBG’s replacement. Atlas is off base... per usual.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2020, 01:56:54 PM »

Another Saturday morning another 30 Bucks for Harrison from Brooklyn farmers market goers
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2020, 12:32:57 AM »

Why is this negative for Harrison? They’re confirming the pick period. This election isn’t going to decide who votes for RBG’s replacement. Atlas is off base... per usual.

It will motivate conservatives, and Dem enthusiasm is already maxed out.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2020, 04:24:33 AM »

It seems like there's a really obvious opportunity for a great ad here. First show Graham saying negative things about Trump in 2015-16, then really positive things about him. Then show Graham talking about how a vacancy in an election year shouldn't be filled, then show him saying it should.

"What are we getting when we send Lindsey to Washington? How can we trust that he won't flip-flop again??"

If I had a little better skills at this kind of thing, I would just do it myself and release it on YouTube and social media.

I'd agree with you here, as I despise Lindsay Graham and consider him to be a shallow opportunist. It would be foolish for Harrison and his campaign to not take advantage of this, and given how he's run his candidacy thus far, I don't think he'll let this opportunity pass up. And there's no doubt that Democratic PACs running ads on his behalf will make sure to hit the point. They've already released ads attacking Graham over his flip-flopping on Trump.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2020, 06:19:29 AM »

Lindsey literally said to use his own words against him; I have zero doubt Harrison is going to do so.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2020, 07:21:17 AM »

Lindsey literally said to use his own words against him; I have zero doubt Harrison is going to do so.

It would be political malpractice if they didn't, but I worry they'll use them in the wrong way.

The temptation will be to just play up the fact of his hypocrisy over Supreme Court nominations as a self-evidently bad thing, i.e. the thrust of the ad being 'Graham is a hypocritical/bad person. Don't vote for him'.

A smarter strategy would be to use the hypocrisy of Graham's statements to undermine trust in the things erstwhile supporters might actually care about. Supporting Graham so he'll vote against tax increases/abortion/illegal wars? *play the clip*. Supporting Graham so you can prevent defunding the police? *play the clip*.

The Dems should articulate the idea that Graham puts right wing policies at risk, so a vote for him isn't safe. The goal, I suppose, is to diminish support for Graham rather than change minds, but it could make the difference.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2020, 06:01:34 AM »

Harrison is in the best position in god knows how long to win this seat. I really think he may be able to pull it off.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2020, 06:08:55 AM »

Harrison is in the best position in god knows how long to win this seat. I really think he may be able to pull it off.

At least this new batch of candidates aren't wasting their resources going after rural, ancestral Democrats like McCaskill and Donnelly did two years ago. They know where their new base is.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2020, 06:41:05 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2020, 06:58:25 AM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

At least this new batch of candidates aren't wasting their resources going after rural, ancestral Democrats like McCaskill and Donnelly did two years ago. They know where their new base is.

Donnelly relied too much on rural areas, but there's some evidence a degree mean reversion might happen in this election and in states as red as those, reducing margins in these places is critical. For reference: how Medicaid expansion passed in MO and Nicole Galloway's 2018 win.

Harrison's primary targets should be in the 'burbs as the Democrats have a lower ceiling and southern rural Republican voters are usually much harder to win over, but he should certainly be hoping the Constitution candidate overperforms/that there is downballot abandonment of Graham in these areas (it might well pay off to play the flip-flop accusations there) and could do with working for a slight overperformance in these places. It's not as if his campaign is strapped for cash.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2020, 10:19:31 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2020, 10:28:44 AM by xavier110 »

Has any group intervened to hype the Constitution candidate & say Graham is not a true Trump fan?
Lognog
United States

« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2020, 02:29:32 PM »

Has any group intervened to hype the Constitution candidate & say Graham is not a true Trump fan?

imagine a small fraction of the Harrison funds going there
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #189 on: September 24, 2020, 08:47:35 PM »

This is third time this week Leningrad Lindsey has gone on Fox to beg for donations.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2020, 08:50:05 PM »

Saturday approaches so Harrison can expect another 30 dollars from Brooklynites seeking kale.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #191 on: September 24, 2020, 10:58:28 PM »

This is third time this week Leningrad Lindsey has gone on Fox to beg for donations.

If he loses what happens to the blackmail?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #192 on: September 24, 2020, 11:00:13 PM »

Its gonna be difficult for Ds to win 9 seats, Dems can win AZ, CO, GA, IA, KS, ME, MT and NC, the other states is very difficult and Trump is ahead in SC
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #193 on: September 24, 2020, 11:41:25 PM »

Graham literally saying "help me" lmao
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #194 on: September 25, 2020, 12:24:07 AM »

Dems are expected to win AZ, CO, ME and NC but Dems shouldn't get their hopes up on GA, KS, MT and SC, it is still possible the Rs can hold the Ds to 50 seats, that would stop a Court packing plan
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2020, 12:28:06 AM »

Graham seems desperate enough to run a "Godless" type ad at this point.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #196 on: September 25, 2020, 06:48:52 AM »

Given Graham begging for $$$ on Fox News three times this week, I would assume that Q-pac and MC polls are correct.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #197 on: September 25, 2020, 08:58:36 AM »

Saturday approaches so Harrison can expect another 30 dollars from Brooklynites seeking kale.
The kale is not the best thing there right now.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2020, 10:16:16 AM »

Here's the ad:

(zoom in on Graham's face in each transition)
Lindsey Graham:  negative quote about Trump
Lindsey Graham:  quick cut of insulting Trump
freeze frame, fade to black+white

Male voice:  Lindsey Graham will say anything.  He's only out for himself.  Isn't it time we had a true conservative?  Someone who's loyal to our president and will have his back?

(glamour shot of Bill Bledsoe)

Vote for Bill Bledsoe to tell Lindsey Graham "you ain't fooling anyone"

This ad paid for by Friends of Bill Bledsoe.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2020, 10:29:16 AM »

Here's the ad:

(zoom in on Graham's face in each transition)
Lindsey Graham:  quick cut of insulting Trump
freeze frame, fade to black+white

Male voice:  Lindsey Graham will say anything.  He's only out for himself.  Isn't it time we had a true conservative?  Someone who's loyal to our president and will have his back?

(glamour shot of Bill Bledsoe)

Vote for Bill Bledsoe to tell Lindsey Graham "you ain't fooling anyone"

This ad paid for by Friends of Bill Bledsoe.

Inject some homophobic undertones - “isn’t it time we had a true, strong, masculine conservative” - and you’ve got a winner. Let me cut a check
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies