Which of the 2016 Republicans is the strongest candidate for 2024 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:17:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Which of the 2016 Republicans is the strongest candidate for 2024 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: (Excluding Trump and Pataki)
Ted Cruz

Marco Rubio

John Kasich

Ben Carson

Jeb Bush

Chris Christie

Carly Fiorina

Rand Paul

Rick Santorum

Rick Perry

Bobby Jindal

Lindsey Graham

Scott Walker

Jim Gilmore

Mike Huckabee

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: Which of the 2016 Republicans is the strongest candidate for 2024  (Read 3804 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« on: January 10, 2019, 12:05:09 PM »

I don't see any of these guys getting anywhere near the nomination in 2024. In 2024 the nominee will be from a new bench of candidates who imo will be stonger than the 2016 ones, like Pence, Haley or Cotton.

If any of the 2016 somehow gets the nomination, it will be Ted Cruz. He has some serious flaws but he's the only candidate from 2016 whose political career isn't over and whose views are close enough to the GOP base's in its current form to win the nomination.

Marco Rubio is not popular enough to win the nomination and has views that are too out of sync with the current GOP, Rand Paul is too libertarianish (I don't think there was ever a time when someone like him could have realistically won the nomination), Scott Walker's political career might be over, especially if Trump wins reelection (I could see him making a comeback in 2022 though if a Democrat is president, but even that imo wouldn't be enough to permit him to be a serious candidate after how badly he flopped in 2016, and I'm saying this as someone who supported him in the primary before he dropped out), and I think everyone else will have just been out of the public eye for way too long (and probably too old too) to stand any chance at all in 2024.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies