Apocryphon Atlasia (Official Publication of the Game Engine) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:48:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Apocryphon Atlasia (Official Publication of the Game Engine) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Apocryphon Atlasia (Official Publication of the Game Engine)  (Read 8958 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: April 29, 2019, 07:06:38 AM »

Ah, I see BRTD is having great success at converting people Tongue
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 11:00:57 AM »

CHAOS AT THE BALLOT BOX AS RUSHED TERRITORIAL STATEHOOD REFERENDUM ENDS IN DISASTER

Elections in the Northern Mariana Islands, US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Guam ended in varying levels of chaos after Congress passed statute mandating statehood referenda to be held within hours of its signing. As a result of the extremely short interval, none of the territories were prepared to hold elections. “We were taken off guard when the bill was signed”, said one Guam elections official. “We expected the date to be changed through Amendment it redraft. Once it was, we were scrambling all night to get ballots printed and distributed, and get polling places set up”.

In the end, only six polling places were set up across Guam - four of which were in the vicinity of the capital, Hagåtña and one of which was located in an election official’s garage - were set up in time -. As voter registration lists were not set up in time, anyone who walked into a polling place was allowed to vote. Total turnout in Guam was under 1%, with the anti-statehood side winning comfortably on the final count - though due to the nature of the election and the abysmal turnout, the validity of this result has already been called into question.

By contrast, in the US Virgin Islands, elections officials chose to extend the voting period to be a full week long and have been working to promote awareness of the election. Polls will be open for another four days, and an election official stated that turnout was well above Guam’s, but still quite a bit lower than desired. Sources also claim that both sides intend to file suit if they lose, as the weeklong extension appears to violate the exact text of the statute.

American Samoa, meanwhile, had an extra day to get prepared, and has run the closest thing to an actual election, with over forty polling places set up. Current results have statehood narrowly ahead, but it is unclear if all votes have been counted, as elections officials appear to be struggling with discrepancies between ballots sent out and ballots returned.

In the Northern Mariana Islands, a similar chaotic election was held, but no results have been released. On Friday, NMI elections officials released a statement calling on Congress to nullify the referendum and set another with a more reasonable date.

Guam - 100% Reporting
Yes - 377 (40.3%)
No - 559 (59.7%)

American Samoa - Huh Reporting
Yes - 1,389 (52.3%)
No - 1,265 (47.7%)

Northern Mariana Islands - 0% Reporting
Yes - 0
No - 0

Polls in US Virgin Islands still open

I knew statehood referendums were a bad idea! Tongue Oh well at least now I know what my first bill will be if I get elected.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 06:04:54 PM »

Worry not, I bring you new, 100% official unemployment numbers!

NEW UNEMPLOYMENT NUMBERS!!!!!!
confederate states of the south: +50.0billion% (+500trillion%)
lincoln: 0% (-0.1%) tbh fremont really deserves the credit here tho too bc of mega coattails from fremont
fremont: -900,000,000,000% (-9quintillion%)

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 03:36:51 AM »

MCDONALDS SALES SKYROCKET FOLLOWING 'BAN MCDONALDS ACT'

"Can Congressman Wulfric try to ban us next?" Burger King CFO Mark Morris said jokingly.

Don't give Wulfric any more ideas Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies