Trump: it's "crazy" we spend so much on the military, Putin and Xi told me so!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:59:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: it's "crazy" we spend so much on the military, Putin and Xi told me so!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump: it's "crazy" we spend so much on the military, Putin and Xi told me so!  (Read 1335 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2018, 01:56:50 PM »

I mean he's not wrong, -- it'll just be hilarious to see his supporters bend over backwards to justify this new pivot (flip flop).
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2018, 07:56:20 PM »

Don't give him too much credit. His way of addressing our bloated military budget will be by advocating for cutting spending for trans soldiers or by segregating the military again. You know, something stupid and horrible.

Or quartering soldiers in houses. Or as you said, something equally horrible.

Anyone who thinks this is a good idea needs to take it in context. Cutting military spending? Yes, absolutely something we should do. Trust Trump, his cadre of treacherous, incompetent, and moronic lickspittles along with the modern American Nazis in his cult to cut military spending? Not in a thousand years.

Taking your child to the emergency room because they're hurt? Good idea.
Trusting a known child sex offender to take your child to the emergency room? Terrible idea.

Well said. I wouldn't trust Roy Moore with my children.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2018, 01:42:55 AM »

Didn't he try the last 2 years to increase the military budget, like, drastically?

I am certain that, at some time in the future, President Xi and I, together with President Putin of Russia, will start talking about a meaningful halt to what has become a major and uncontrollable Arms Race. The U.S. spent 716 Billion Dollars this year. Crazy!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 3, 2018

Trump, in reversal, calls for Pentagon to raise budget request to $750B: reports

You must be logged in to read this quote.

President Dumb Muppet.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 03:27:39 AM »

interesting idea, glad our Pres is taking feedback from other world leaders. Shows wisdom
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 08:59:12 AM »

Isn't he now asking for more money so that he can finally says he spends more on the military than Obama?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2018, 10:26:00 AM »

Didn't he try the last 2 years to increase the military budget, like, drastically?

I am certain that, at some time in the future, President Xi and I, together with President Putin of Russia, will start talking about a meaningful halt to what has become a major and uncontrollable Arms Race. The U.S. spent 716 Billion Dollars this year. Crazy!

Trump, in reversal, calls for Pentagon to raise budget request to $750B: reports

President Dumb Muppet.

Literal insanity.  Changing his mind every single week depending on who talked to him last. 
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2018, 03:18:37 PM »

President Dumb Muppet.

Literal insanity.  Changing his mind every single week depending on who talked to him last. 

And these people he "talked to last," are not his advisors or other high-ranking US gov officials, but adversaries like Putin and Xi. What does that tell you about the Orange Buffoon?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2018, 03:29:40 PM »

Is this the moment where Democrats are going to be mad at a Republican president cutting the military budget?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2018, 03:42:55 PM »

Is this the moment where Democrats are going to be mad at a Republican president cutting the military budget?

He isn't.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies