Predict the 2019 elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:29:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  Predict the 2019 elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict the 2019 elections  (Read 15984 times)
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« on: May 29, 2019, 11:21:17 PM »

VA Dems get back both houses of the General Assembly, both House and Senate were Likely D even before the Court imposed new maps. Safe D

Louisiana might move to Likely D since Edwards remains personally popular. He may be able to avoid a run-off

Mississippi is Lean R because of course they've got an electoral college down there. I find it hard to see how Hood manages a majority, especially looking at the handful of polling that's been released so far

Kentucky is a pure toss-up imo. Bevin is clearly damaged and Beshear should do a lot better than Conway.

Now let's see just hope Trump doesn't make these races Titanium R by virtue of showing up and tossing a Bounty paper towel roll or 2 into the crowds

One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 01:37:38 AM »

MS: God just doesn't like the MS Dems down there for some reason & you're right about Hood needs to get over 50% to avoid facing the MS State Legislature, who decides who gets to move into the MS Governor's Mansion.

I find it hard to believe there hasn’t been a constitutional challenge to this system. Might be a standing issue since I don’t think there’s been a Gov candidate who’s lost just because of it, Musgrove won the popular vote and the backing of the then Democratic legislature the last time it was invoked.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies