New SurveyUSA approval ratings for all 50 Governors
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:37:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New SurveyUSA approval ratings for all 50 Governors
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New SurveyUSA approval ratings for all 50 Governors  (Read 4681 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2005, 04:26:49 PM »

You know what I'd find very funny? Both Rendell and Santorum losing Grin

Out of interest, what's Rendell done that's pissed off people in the Pittsburgh area so much?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

Of course Rendell is still a lock. There is no way anyone can dislike our Eddie, right guys? Keep doing Post Game Live, Ed. Maybe you can announce your approval ratings on the program tomorrow night.

To answer Al's question, I don't think the west ever really liked him. They went along with his popularity show a few years back but not this time around. And when he insists on doing stuff like appearing on sports' shows for Philly teams, it doesn't make things better.

Oh and I love how Scoonie points out that the popular Dems are moderates yet the Republican Governors are seen as liberals. Schweitzer, Freudenthal and Warner aren't seen as conservatives within your party? Give me a break, Scoonie.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2005, 05:15:53 PM »

Of course Rendell is still a lock. There is no way anyone can dislike our Eddie, right guys? Keep doing Post Game Live, Ed. Maybe you can announce your approval ratings on the program tomorrow night.

To answer Al's question, I don't think the west ever really liked him. They went along with his popularity show a few years back but not this time around. And when he insists on doing stuff like appearing on sports' shows for Philly teams, it doesn't make things better.

Oh and I love how Scoonie points out that the popular Dems are moderates yet the Republican Governors are seen as liberals. Schweitzer, Freudenthal and Warner aren't seen as conservatives within your party? Give me a break, Scoonie.

But you have to agree that Rendel won't do that badly in the West.  I mean, around 30%, not even he could pull that out West.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2005, 05:17:08 PM »

Well, this is exactly what I have been saying all along.  Rendell cn lose to a good candidate with name recongnition.  This is the best case I have seen for running Swann, who, BTW, made a great speech laying out a 10 point tax plan, on Monday.

Yeah, but I think the Pennsylvania poll might be a little messed up.  Over 60% approval in the NE?   And, how does he have higher approval in the T than in the Southwest?

Because people in Pittsburgh really hate Rendell.  You should know that.  Aren't you from around there?

Even if they do hate him as much as this poll says, Swann can't get around 70% in the Southwest, even if he was a Steeler.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2005, 05:35:19 PM »

Well, this is exactly what I have been saying all along.  Rendell cn lose to a good candidate with name recongnition.  This is the best case I have seen for running Swann, who, BTW, made a great speech laying out a 10 point tax plan, on Monday.

Yeah, but I think the Pennsylvania poll might be a little messed up.  Over 60% approval in the NE?   And, how does he have higher approval in the T than in the Southwest?

Because people in Pittsburgh really hate Rendell.  You should know that.  Aren't you from around there?

Even if they do hate him as much as this poll says, Swann can't get around 70% in the Southwest, even if he was a Steeler.

I would seriously not put it past him.  Swann is a very quick on his feet, sharp, eloquent, charismatic person.  He might not have a ton of politcal expireince, but he has acctually started to put a real platform together.  For the first time, we acctually know where he stands on an issue other than abortion.  I expect more of this in the coming weeks.  And, he is a Steeler.  In Pittsburgh, where people acctually self identify with the Steelers, that means quite a bit.  I really think Swann can win.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2005, 06:05:15 PM »

I think it's not that we dislike Rendell, I think that it's that we dislike all of the government out here, especially since that pay raise.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2005, 06:33:12 PM »

I would seriously not put it past him.  Swann is a very quick on his feet, sharp, eloquent, charismatic person.  He might not have a ton of politcal expireince, but he has acctually started to put a real platform together.  For the first time, we acctually know where he stands on an issue other than abortion.  I expect more of this in the coming weeks.  And, he is a Steeler.  In Pittsburgh, where people acctually self identify with the Steelers, that means quite a bit.  I really think Swann can win.

I'm not saying he can't.  But still, Rendell is going to win Allegheny County, even if it only by 4 or 5 points.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2005, 06:35:15 PM »

I'm not saying he can't.  But still, Rendell is going to win Allegheny County, even if it only by 4 or 5 points.

Rendell is going to have to win Allegheny by more that 5% if he plans on winning re-election.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2005, 08:50:49 PM »

He should ask more popular Republicans like Fletcher and Murkowski on tips to lower his disapproval rating.

Not being Governor of California?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2005, 09:15:19 PM »

Rendell is going to have to win Allegheny by more that 5% if he plans on winning re-election.

I believe he only won it by 10% against Fisher. He's not nearly as popular as he was in '02 and he'll likely be running against a former Steeler so Allegheny will be close.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2005, 09:26:47 PM »

I believe he only won it by 10% against Fisher. He's not nearly as popular as he was in '02 and he'll likely be running against a former Steeler so Allegheny will be close.

That's correct, wow, I thought he'd have won it by 15% or more.  Dave has it at 10.33% margin.  He's going to have to win Philadelphia by 250k-300k votes to win again this time around.
danwxman

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2005, 11:40:06 PM »

We've ALREADY seen a few Swann gaffes, and I'm sure there's more to come.

BTW, don't be silly....Swann didn't put out a platform, the RNC put one out for him. He is the candidate of Ken Melhman and the White House.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2005, 01:38:49 AM »

That's correct, wow, I thought he'd have won it by 15% or more.  Dave has it at 10.33% margin.  He's going to have to win Philadelphia by 250k-300k votes to win again this time around.

Rendell's problems in the rest of the state will make this race close & closer than I originall thought.  However unless things get much worse for him in other parts of the state (& its pretty bad) or he somehow implodes in SEPA (unlikely) he will win (single digits, but not a nailbiter) because of his margins in Philly & the Philly burbs
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2005, 09:51:33 AM »

Rendell's problems in the rest of the state will make this race close & closer than I originall thought.  However unless things get much worse for him in other parts of the state (& its pretty bad) or he somehow implodes in SEPA (unlikely) he will win (single digits, but not a nailbiter) because of his margins in Philly & the Philly burbs

The west can win elections, Smash. Time to wake up from your dream. Eddie is in trouble.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2005, 10:02:21 AM »

The west can win elections, Smash. Time to wake up from your dream. Eddie is in trouble.

Even I agree that he's in trouble, and I'm one of his biggest supporters.  However, I think he still has at least a 6 point advantage over all his possible opponenets right now.  It will be a hard fight, but I think he'll end up winning hte election by seven points.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2005, 10:08:09 AM »

Even I agree that he's in trouble, and I'm one of his biggest supporters.  However, I think he still has at least a 6 point advantage over all his possible opponenets right now.  It will be a hard fight, but I think he'll end up winning hte election by seven points.

He beat Fisher by about nine points. He'll do worse than just a two point difference between the two elections. People need to accept the fact that despite what polling firm is reporting, Rendell keeps slipping. It's not just SurveyUSA that is noting it and if it was the only one, I'd be unsure what to think since they have their flaws.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2005, 10:18:06 AM »

Sanford only has 49% approval? Why are his re-elect numbers so good?

Jeb's looking good with 57% approval.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies