How would other Republicans have fared against Clinton in 2016? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:00:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How would other Republicans have fared against Clinton in 2016? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would other Republicans have fared against Clinton in 2016?  (Read 3442 times)
uti2

« on: November 27, 2018, 03:26:56 PM »

Most of them (thinking of Kasich, Walker, Rubio, etc. here) would have won, maybe even fairly easily. This little narrative that Trump was somehow the most "electable" Republican because of his "unique" strength in the Midwest who ran a flawless campaign is cute, but unfortunately it has always been nothing but baseless delusion on the part of hardcore Trumpists and bitter Clinton supporters.

bs

LOL, it's not BS at all.  It's completely true.

I disagree

MT sang a very different tune during the primaries, he asserted that Trump was the most electable republican candidate alongside Kasich:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=276061.msg5885876#msg5885876
uti2

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 03:31:14 PM »

Rubio is leading by 10 points after the conventions. He faceplants in the debates, causing the polls to narrow to a dead heat, but still wins because of the Comey letter and Clinton being such a bad candidate. He also wins the popular vote because he does a better job holding the traditional Republican coalition together. However, his underwhelming victory limits his ability to pass major legislation.

Comey himself admitted that he took polling into account when he made his late announcement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/12/books/review/james-comey-a-higher-loyalty.html

Also, the IG Report confirms that it was the Trump-Russia investigation that specifically delayed the Weiner email investigation by a month, which means that without Trump, Comey would've either released it in late Sept (before the debates, which means that it would've been a phenomenon equivalent to Benghazi), or he simply wouldn't have released it at all.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/06/14/fbi-sat-on-weiner-probe-prioritize-russia-probe/
uti2

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 06:06:09 PM »

LOL, it's not BS at all.  It's completely true.

We’re arguing with people who live in their own little world/cult, with many of them being literal psychopaths. Case in point: that uti2 loser who appears in every thread of this kind to link to a few posts I had made years ago (of course taken out of context, and many not even meant to be taken seriously or made at a time when no one could have known how well-run Trump's GE campaign would be). He posts that link every time I (rightfully) claim that Trump wasn’t the most electable Republican. Imagine how many days/weeks it must have taken him to dig through a user's posting history like that, LMAO. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if he got paid to do it or if he had his own "MT Treasurer" folder in his basement.

You were saying that Trump ran as one of the most moderate candidates and how that would help him, and that was correct, polling showed him to be perceived as one of the most moderate candidates during both the primary and the general.

By the way, if you look into that thread, you were the one who challenged me, and I responded by posting your history, so stop being so triggered, you wanted to play chicken.

Trump also did receive advantages ordinary candidates would not have received.

He had the support of Wikileaks - whatever that meant in terms of moving votes - and he ironically had the Trump-Russia investigation as an assist as that beneficially delayed the Weiner email investigation to late Oct.
uti2

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 06:12:27 PM »

^ By the way, you remind me of Morning Joe trying to disown his past support for Trump , the fact is that you did do it as did he and the reason you guys did it is because Trump did run as one of the more moderate candidates and that did electorally help him with moderates like yourselves - there's the empirical evidence.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies