How would other Republicans have fared against Clinton in 2016? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:16:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How would other Republicans have fared against Clinton in 2016? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would other Republicans have fared against Clinton in 2016?  (Read 3533 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: November 26, 2018, 02:25:34 AM »

Winners:

Walker would be RL-MI-PA-ME-2
Jeb! would be RL-MI +CO, NV, NH
Kasich would be RL + CO, NV, NH, ME-AL, MN. VA is within 1% but I still think Clinton carries it.
Rubio would be RL-MI-PA-WI-ME-2, + CO, NV (274-264 Rubio)

Two Scenarios for Rand. Scenario A is where his unorthodox positions and activities win very little from the Obama column and actually weaken the GOP in Appalachia:

Scenario B is one in which he reshapes the coalitions with his views, keeping down the Appalachian bleeding and making new appeals no other GOP candidate could:

(Maine Split is 3-1 R)

Cruz has no appeal to moderates or to populists, and so would lose. Romney + IA, FL would be the map.
I agree with the OP on Christie and Huckabee.
Gilmore - we have to remember that in the event he somehow got nominated, he wouldn't be the gadfly joke he is in RL. The 2008 Virginia Senate Race is not a good measurement because Mark Warner was quite popular from his time as Governor and was not really seen as much of a partisan or political figure. Also it was a D wave year. That being said, he's basically just a Poor Man's Cruz so to speak, so 2012+IA is my guess.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies