AMA - IceSpear
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 05:46:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AMA - IceSpear
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: AMA - IceSpear  (Read 11408 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2018, 03:41:32 AM »

Which states do you think are trending towards the Republicans? Are Democrats done for in Appalachia and the Interior West? And what do the results in Colorado say about Cory Gardner's chances at winning reelection in 2020?

Democrats are definitely screwed in Appalachia. Every year we hear how an amazing Democratic candidate will make headway there (Mark Warner, Jack Conway, Ted Strickland, Richard Ojeda) only for them to get BTFO. They even turned against Good Ol Boy Joe Manchin in favor of a fatass toxic carpetbagger because he had an (R) next to his name and the God Emperor told them to! He had to make up for the losses there in the "urban" areas of the state, lol.

I think Gardner is screwed unless 2020 is a Republican wave and/or he gets a godawful scandal ridden opponent.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2018, 04:02:35 AM »

Which states do you think are trending towards the Republicans? Are Democrats done for in Appalachia and the Interior West? And what do the results in Colorado say about Cory Gardner's chances at winning reelection in 2020?

Democrats are definitely screwed in Appalachia. Every year we hear how an amazing Democratic candidate will make headway there (Mark Warner, Jack Conway, Ted Strickland, Richard Ojeda) only for them to get BTFO. They even turned against Good Ol Boy Joe Manchin in favor of a fatass toxic carpetbagger because he had an (R) next to his name and the God Emperor told them to! He had to make up for the losses there in the "urban" areas of the state, lol.

I think Gardner is screwed unless 2020 is a Republican wave and/or he gets a godawful scandal ridden opponent.

Do you think Minnesota is on it's way to becoming a swing state? And which state best represented the urban/suburban/rural trends of this election cycle?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2018, 08:51:29 PM »

Do you think Minnesota is on it's way to becoming a swing state? And which state best represented the urban/suburban/rural trends of this election cycle?

Yes, probably. But Dems seem to cancelling out their rural losses there with urban/suburban gains, so I'm not super worried about it for now. Minnesota is probably the state that best represented it. Tongue
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2018, 09:28:24 PM »

Who do you blame more for current shape of GOP:

- The Bush Years (which obliterated the trust the base had in the establishment and moved GOP from
A suburban party to a rural one )

- Rupert Murdoch (Fox News)

- Rush Limbaugh (Right wing talk radio)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2018, 10:42:26 PM »

What do you think about my ancestral homeland (Braxton County, WV) in particular?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2018, 06:16:17 PM »

- The Bush Years (which obliterated the trust the base had in the establishment and moved GOP from

Dubya's 2004 strategy was the proto Trump strategy. Pander to the base and to hell with everyone else. It worked. In fact, it worked better than his "compassionate conservative" campaign in 2000, as he actually won the most votes that time. The GOP base has no incentive to cater to anyone outside their base. From their perspective, when they do (McCain, Romney) they lose, and when they don't (Bush 2004, Trump) they win. Of course, those of us on this forum are a lot more politically sophisticated and realize it is very possible, actually probable, that Trump would've done worse than Romney in 2012 and Romney would've done better than Trump in 2016. But most voters don't think about nebulous concepts like "political environment." They see the base pander strategy as a winner and "mushy moderate" strategy as a loser.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2018, 06:18:00 PM »

What do you think about my ancestral homeland (Braxton County, WV) in particular?

I've never been to Braxton County in particular, but I remember reading about it before. Basically it was described as a bunch of Racist Hick KKK sympathizers that still voted Democratic anyway because their deceased grandpappy would beat them with a coal shovel in the afterlife if they didn't. Is that accurate?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2018, 06:59:40 PM »

Dubya's 2004 strategy was the proto Trump strategy. Pander to the base and to hell with everyone else. It worked. In fact, it worked better than his "compassionate conservative" campaign in 2000, as he actually won the most votes that time. The GOP base has no incentive to cater to anyone outside their base. From their perspective, when they do (McCain, Romney) they lose, and when they don't (Bush 2004, Trump) they win. Of course, those of us on this forum are a lot more politically sophisticated and realize it is very possible, actually probable, that Trump would've done worse than Romney in 2012 and Romney would've done better than Trump in 2016. But most voters don't think about nebulous concepts like "political environment." They see the base pander strategy as a winner and "mushy moderate" strategy as a loser.

Yah in many ways the day the GOP Establishment chose Bush over McCain they planted the seeds for Trump. With Bush the GOP started to abandon being a suburban party and move to become a Rural One(The 1980s ironically had opposite trends, Suburban Areas became more Republican, Rural less Republican).

And the Bush years then saw polarization in the nation skyrocket
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2018, 01:16:00 AM »

If you had to live and run for office in one of the following states: Kentucky, Oklahoma, or West Virginia, which one would you choose?
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2018, 01:18:16 AM »

Which city's ruby-red suburban counties are you most excited to see turn blue?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2018, 01:22:31 AM »

If you had to live and run for office in one of the following states: Kentucky, Oklahoma, or West Virginia, which one would you choose?

Kentucky since I've bashed it the least. I could live in Louisville or Lexington and run in a safe D district there.

If running for office wasn't a qualification, probably either Monongalia County or Jefferson County in WV.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2018, 01:27:10 AM »

I assume I can't pick ones that have already turned blue, right? And I'm assuming you mean in presidential elections. In that case...

Maricopa County, AZ
Hamilton County, IN
Dallas County, IA
Johnson County, KS
Kent County, MI
Delaware County, OH
Williamson County, TX
Tarrant County, TX
Chesterfield County, VA
Virginia Beach County, VA
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2018, 01:37:55 AM »

what would u do if u were in Walmart and someone tried to abduct u bcuz i been reading on facebook that has been happening to ppl a lot in TN does it happening to ppl a lot up there?

i think it might be a conspiracy bcuz like u know how do so many ppl go missing from kidnapping and is never found u know maybe like its organized crime doing it and stuff. scary stuff but idk if its like that in the other places in America.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2018, 04:10:55 AM »
« Edited: November 28, 2018, 04:31:46 AM by Old School Republican »

I assume I can't pick ones that have already turned blue, right? And I'm assuming you mean in presidential elections. In that case...

Maricopa County, AZ
Hamilton County, IN
Dallas County, IA
Johnson County, KS
Kent County, MI
Delaware County, OH
Williamson County, TX
Tarrant County, TX
Chesterfield County, VA

I am surprised you didnt choose Orange County AKA Reagan Country as one of your picks. I mean the symbolism of the County that kickstarted the Reagan Revolution and the modern conservative movement going Blue in 2018 is just stunning
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2018, 06:02:11 PM »

what would u do if u were in Walmart and someone tried to abduct u bcuz i been reading on facebook that has been happening to ppl a lot in TN does it happening to ppl a lot up there?

i think it might be a conspiracy bcuz like u know how do so many ppl go missing from kidnapping and is never found u know maybe like its organized crime doing it and stuff. scary stuff but idk if its like that in the other places in America.

I don't know how it would even be possible to get abducted in a Wal-Mart. I can barely even walk through the aisles without people trying to kill me with their carts. I prefer not to go there unless absolutely necessary.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2018, 06:02:55 PM »

Maricopa County, AZ
Hamilton County, IN
Dallas County, IA
Johnson County, KS
Kent County, MI
Delaware County, OH
Williamson County, TX
Tarrant County, TX
Chesterfield County, VA

I am surprised you didnt choose Orange County AKA Reagan Country as one of your picks. I mean the symbolism of the County that kickstarted the Reagan Revolution and the modern conservative movement going Blue in 2018 is just stunning

Orange County already went D in 2016. I thought I was picking ones that haven't gone D yet.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2018, 07:26:14 PM »

Do you have your ice cream with or without nuts?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2018, 07:49:04 PM »

Maricopa County, AZ
Hamilton County, IN
Dallas County, IA
Johnson County, KS
Kent County, MI
Delaware County, OH
Williamson County, TX
Tarrant County, TX
Chesterfield County, VA

Orange County already went D in 2016. I thought I was picking ones that haven't gone D yet.

Most of the counties on this list did go Democratic, in either congressional, Senatorial, or other statewide races, this year.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2018, 07:58:57 PM »

Would you rather live in Oklahoma or West Virginia?

Option 3: Bullet in the head

But I guess West Virginia if forced to choose. It has a lot of natural beauty if you avoid the locals, unlike the flat desolate tornado prone hellscape that is Oklahoma. Plus I'd be much closer to my family/old friends.

The last major tornado to go through Oklahoma caused $5m in improvements.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2018, 02:54:15 AM »

Do you have your ice cream with or without nuts?

I don't really care either way. I don't make it a point to ask for them, but if they're included on a sundae or whatever I don't mind.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2018, 02:55:00 AM »

Would you rather live in Oklahoma or West Virginia?

Option 3: Bullet in the head

But I guess West Virginia if forced to choose. It has a lot of natural beauty if you avoid the locals, unlike the flat desolate tornado prone hellscape that is Oklahoma. Plus I'd be much closer to my family/old friends.

The last major tornado to go through Oklahoma caused $5m in improvements.

lmao
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2018, 07:32:52 AM »

Opinion of "Take Me Home, Country Roads"?
Strong Candidate
123NY
Rookie

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2018, 05:47:37 PM »

Why do you like Gavin Newsom? The guy is just incredibly over-ambitious and slimy, from owing his political career to wealthy benefactors, including an oil baron, to his affair with his campaign manager's wife.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2018, 05:52:14 PM »

Why do you believe "black people kneeling" is the #1 motivator of Republicans instead of issues like abortion and gun control when those issues have existed for decades and culturally conservative rural areas voted Republican long before Colin Kaerpernick played in the NFL?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2018, 10:15:08 PM »

Why do you believe "black people kneeling" is the #1 motivator of Republicans instead of issues like abortion and gun control when those issues have existed for decades and culturally conservative rural areas voted Republican long before Colin Kaerpernick played in the NFL?

They literally stopped caring about the Kneeling this year because Trump hasnt talked about it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies