HB 1351: Employee Free Choice Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:35:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 1351: Employee Free Choice Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 1351: Employee Free Choice Act  (Read 4002 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: November 28, 2018, 07:51:03 PM »

Main topic for debate: if unionization is supposed to be to the benefit of the workers, what's wrong with letting all of the affected workers vote?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 11:45:25 PM »

Main topic for debate: if unionization is supposed to be to the benefit of the workers, what's wrong with letting all of the affected workers vote?

I, for one, believe that union membership is a force for good in a workplace, especially in an era like ours where economic inequality is on the rise around the world. This bill will strengthen unions, and this is also why I don't believe in the "right-to-work" school of labor policy which, in my opinion, would allow employers to take advantage of their workers and cause more harm than good.

*My post is ONLY in my capacity as a voter and not GM*

I'm doing my best to avoid direct policy advocacy now, but I will say that your above response did not really answer my question of what's wrong with letting all of the affected workers vote first ...

Could you please try again beginning with something like: "I do not think all affected workers should vote on whether or not to unionize because [insert your answer here]"? Thanks.

*My post is ONLY in my capacity as a voter and not GM*
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 11:39:14 PM »

This has been debated to death back in May when the bill was first introduced and I don't think the two sides will ever agree on this issue and asking opponents questions just stalls time and scores political points. Hold a vote already and actually get something done for once.

During the debate, I do not believe it was ever explained why workers should not be allowed to vote on whether or not they wish to unionize.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 07:32:09 AM »

This has been debated to death back in May when the bill was first introduced and I don't think the two sides will ever agree on this issue and asking opponents questions just stalls time and scores political points. Hold a vote already and actually get something done for once.

During the debate, I do not believe it was ever explained why workers should not be allowed to vote on whether or not they wish to unionize.

Yes it was but you chose to ignore it and strawman others to try to paint the labor as anti-worker because you don't actually believe in a social safety net and rather just believe in individual liberty, which to be fair and think that somehow that'll solve all problems.

You mean that thing 7 months ago that like what 1 of 9 current representatives was in office for?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies