Millhouse Campaign Office - For Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:02:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Millhouse Campaign Office - For Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Millhouse Campaign Office - For Senate  (Read 335 times)
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2023, 01:41:38 AM »

Information and news concerning my run for At-Large Senate (and possibly re-election campaign for LGC) will be posted here. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 03:14:56 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2023, 03:19:08 AM by FairBol »

Here's a quick look at what I've done as a member of the Lincoln General Court this term.  

The record shows that I have:

- Defended and protected the right of due process in gun cases ("Gun License Defense Act")
- Improved access to, and response time of, emergency services ("Modern Response Act")
- Limited the scope of a proposed "vice tax" (Amendment to "Don't Encourage Drug Use Act")
- Supported simplifying the regional legislative process ("Streamlining Amendment Adoption Amendment")
- Opposed any notion of maximum wages, or "penalty for success" ("Maximum Wage Law")

You may recall that, in my previous campaign, I pledged to work to defend basic rights, "let business do business", and protect law and order (as outlined in "The Millhouse Plan").  In terms of accomplishing these goals, I believe that I have helped Lincoln make great progress.  

Now, I wish to bring these ideals to the Atlasian Senate, and continue the work that has already been done in the General Court.  To do so, I need your vote.  

So saying, I once again humbly ask for your support for Senate, as well as re-election to the Lincoln General Court. I thank you for your time and consideration.  

- Dennis Millhouse
FairBol
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 08:54:55 PM »

:: is watching the election numbers as they roll in ::

Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 11:11:32 PM »

You've done excellent work and set a great example in the LGC this term, Fairbol, sorry for the loss. I hope you continue providing citizen input – they'll still need it methinks.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2023, 11:12:25 PM »

You've done excellent work and set a great example in the LGC this term, Fairbol, sorry for the loss. I hope you continue providing citizen input – they'll still need it methinks.
I wholeheartedly concur.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2023, 01:14:18 AM »

Conceding defeat in the race for LGC.  My hat is off to the winners. 

You've done excellent work and set a great example in the LGC this term, Fairbol, sorry for the loss. I hope you continue providing citizen input – they'll still need it methinks.

Thanks so much! I hope I did the region proud.  If you don't have the votes though...well, you don't have the votes. 

"Next time Gadget...NEXT TIME!!" Cheesy
FairBol
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2023, 01:32:39 AM »

OK, now an update on the run for an at-large Senate seat. 

They're still "running the numbers" at this hour.  I'll be the first to admit that those numbers don't look great.  Nevertheless, I believe that this campaign still has life, at least as long as the results are not yet official. 

We have not yet seen a set of certified vote totals.  Thus, at this time, I have decided to hold off on any sort of concession speech. 

If in final certification, the official numbers indeed do show that I have come up short, I will immediately and graciously concede at that time.  Thanks for understanding. 
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2023, 01:34:37 AM »

They're still "running the numbers" at this hour.  I'll be the first to admit that those numbers don't look great.  Nevertheless, I believe that this campaign still has life, at least as long as the results are not yet official. 

We have not yet seen a set of certified vote totals.  Thus, at this time, I have decided to hold off on any sort of concession speech. 

If in final certification, the official numbers indeed do show that I have come up short, I will immediately and graciously concede at that time.  Thanks for understanding. 
The final certification has already been released. You were not elected.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2023, 03:20:58 AM »

The final certification has already been released. You were not elected.

Battista has not posted any certification at this time.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2023, 01:47:50 PM »

Another election update. 

There is a legal case challenging the official certification. Nevertheless, its possible outcome will not change the fact that, on this occasion, I have come up short of the mark. 

Therefore, I now concede defeat in my run for At-Large Atlasian Senate, and congratulate the victors on their successful campaigns.  In addition, I'd like to extend my best wishes for a productive session to the incoming Atlasian Senate.

Thank you very much for considering me for office. 

-- Dennis Millhouse
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies