Will we see more EC winners who lose the PV? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:24:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will we see more EC winners who lose the PV? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will we see more EC winners who lose the PV?  (Read 1430 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 20, 2018, 02:38:17 AM »

Over the next few decades, are we going to see more EC winners who lose the popular vote? It happend in 2000 and 2016 and I think it's happening again. If Trump wins reelection, the gap could even be wider than 2016. Up to 5-6 million votes. And here is the issue why I think it will continue to happen: The trend towards urbanization is going to continue (worldwide), more and more people will live in cities rather than rural areas. And the electoral votes these states again won't compensate this development properly, so that rural states get even more weight than they already have. The senate will be out of balance even further. And we know that this will solely benefit the GOP.

The chance that Dems lose the PV and win the EC is rather slim. It could have happened in 2004 by flipping OH, but I don't see that in the future.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 02:41:31 AM »

It's interesting how similar 1876 and 2000 were and how similar 1888 and 2016 were.

Just curious, why do you say 1888 and 2016 were similar? It sounds like an interesting comparison.
1876 was in dispute and ended with people feeling it was stolen while 1888 was undisputed.

1876 was also about FL, wasn't it?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 03:16:46 AM »

I wonder how people would react if a Democrat won the EC but lost the PV.

The GOP would go crazy and demand to abolish the EC. Therefore I hope this happens once they have decent nominee. Not Trump, because he needs to get beaten at every level. No excuses.

It would have been so ironic if this happend in '04 to W by flipping OH.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies