2020 Dems "go all in on identity politics"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:10:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Dems "go all in on identity politics"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: 2020 Dems "go all in on identity politics"  (Read 3615 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2018, 09:28:28 PM »

All identity politics is class politics. The democratic party should stand for the working class irrespective of their race, sexual orientation, gender etc.

This.
Thank you foreign white males for telling us Blacks, Gays, and Hispanics what is really important in American politics.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2018, 09:37:15 PM »

All identity politics is class politics. The democratic party should stand for the working class irrespective of their race, sexual orientation, gender etc.

This.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2018, 09:38:13 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2018, 12:19:42 AM by RussFeingoldWasRobbedk »

I can't anymore with this thread.
Here's what I think..
Democrats should act like democrats! Support Single payer, free college, police reform, immigration reform, and criminal justice reform policies(like the kind Stacey Abrams ran on). The uneducated white hicks will vote against us, and the college educated people will vote for us because they know that these policies are doable! Fortunately, most bernie supporters(particularly millenials) are progressive on economic AND social issues and that's what we should do going forward. If it pisses off racist whites, it doesn't matter, they wouldn't vote for us anyway!
 If only TYT and the like(i.e., hofoid) would get the message that WWC are never going to be persuaded and that appealing to college educated people will get us to the same policies that we want
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2018, 10:53:56 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2018, 10:57:10 AM by DavidB. »

What discrimination problems? I'm sorry but I see no proof that there is any "discrimination" problems against women or minorities in this country.

It's quite clear that this is just fear mongering by democrats to drive up the vote among who they can scare and threaten the most.

I don't know, you tell me.

"Segregation is worse than it was decades ago and Cleveland, Ohio remains one of the most segregated cities in the USA".
This doesn't prove discrimination. It proves that there are income differences, which could be a consequence of (a combination of) all sorts of factors.

I'll be very clear: If you attempt to derail any conversation about race/gender, or write it off as "PC culture" or "identity politics", you are part of the problem.
That's what Hillary told voters. Sure helped her win, right?

Democrats doubling down on the Hillary strategy basically means writing off white working-class voters, which you guys still really need. I don't mind. But Democrats should.

This.
Both of you aren’t Americans lol
It's the current year. Everyone entering the country is just as American as a WASP.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2018, 11:25:24 AM »

DavidB, can you explain then why when we run someone who does appeal to wwc, like Ojeda, McGrath, or Donnelly, they still lose the WWC rural areas! It seems to me these people are DONE
InheritTheWind

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2018, 11:45:02 AM »

This.

Yeah, that's not identity politics here. It's catering to made-up genders, the "oppression olympics", and anything anti-white male (white females now being grouped in as well). 

It's "intersectionalism" where 3rd-wave feminists stand with Muslims because "oppression" yet they hate the white male patriarchy, but the Sharia Law Arab patriarchy is A-OK. 

These people are a brainwashed minority mostly entrenched in coastal colleges spreading their intellectual bile like a plague on the continent where they can do the most damage and are hardest to remove.

If the Dems are dumb enough to follow these idiotic cultural Marxists and make it part of their main platform; you'll see a red tsunami in 2020.

Oh my god. This isn't an actual voting bloc. It's limited to like 20 people at Oberlin, at most. You're tilting at windmills.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2018, 04:18:32 PM »

This doesn't prove discrimination. It proves that there are income differences, which could be a consequence of (a combination of) all sorts of factors.

Those income differences are an objective product of racism.

Jim Crow ended a little over 50 years ago. That is not nearly enough time to reverse the centuries of institutional discrimination and segregation the black population in America has faced, and there hasn't been any major effort to implement any forms of reparations or anything else to improve the African-American experience in this country since then. 

I'll be very clear: If you attempt to derail any conversation about race/gender, or write it off as "PC culture" or "identity politics", you are part of the problem.

Democrats doubling down on the Hillary strategy basically means writing off white working-class voters, which you guys still really need. I don't mind. But Democrats should.

Working-class whites are overrated.

Trump would have lost if Hillary maintained turnout in cities with high black populations, like Flint, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Philadelphia.

She ignored those areas despite their high levels of poverty to campaign and focus on better off areas with similar percentages of black voters like Jackson, Atlanta and Charleston. Her gains among Black and Latino votes in Georgia, North Carolina and Florida were outdone by Trump's gains in whites. She was running to expand the map like it was 2020 without securing black turnout in important states where her winning wasn't guaranteed.

Economics is a racial issue. People in black neighborhoods forgotten by Democrats don't even have clean water and Democrats expect them to turn out to vote? Poor white people turn to racism and nationalism under duress: there's no history of black people doing this given the anti-black history of America. Poor black Americans don't participate in the dramatics of it when they know their lives won't change in any essential way regardless of who is president. They often see civic culture for the insulting lie it is.

If she maintained black turnout in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, she would have won.

Wayne County & Genesee County bled over 90,000 voters for Democrats from 2012 to 2016 alone, all in a state decided by 11,000 votes.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »

Those income differences are an objective product of racism.

Jim Crow ended a little over 50 years ago. That is not nearly enough time to reverse the centuries of institutional discrimination and segregation the black population in America has faced, and there hasn't been any major effort to implement any forms of reparations or anything else to improve the African-American experience in this country since then. 

Working-class whites are overrated.

Trump would have lost if Hillary maintained turnout in cities with high black populations, like Flint, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Philadelphia.

She ignored those areas despite their high levels of poverty to campaign and focus on better off areas with similar percentages of black voters like Jackson, Atlanta and Charleston. Her gains among Black and Latino votes in Georgia, North Carolina and Florida were outdone by Trump's gains in whites. She was running to expand the map like it was 2020 without securing black turnout in important states where her winning wasn't guaranteed.

Economics is a racial issue. People in black neighborhoods forgotten by Democrats don't even have clean water and Democrats expect them to turn out to vote? Poor white people turn to racism and nationalism under duress: there's no history of black people doing this given the anti-black history of America. Poor black Americans don't participate in the dramatics of it when they know their lives won't change in any essential way regardless of who is president. They often see civic culture for the insulting lie it is.

If she maintained black turnout in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, she would have won.

Wayne County & Genesee County bled over 90,000 voters for Democrats from 2012 to 2016 alone, all in a state decided by 11,000 votes.

So your goal is an ultra-narrow victory of a few tens of thousands of votes, based on identity politics and pitting the black working class against the white working class? What a nightmare vision of politics. The Democrats adopting this strategy is the road to hell. This is what they tried in the Obama years and it got them a couple of pyrrhic victories followed by Trump. I've seen some of the black neighborhoods you're talking about and these are people who would benefit as much from a broad-based economic program as anyone.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2018, 06:12:54 PM »

This forum has an odd obsession with trying to appeal to far right loyal foot soldier Republicans/Racist Hicks who will never vote for any Democrat under any circumstances. And they will throw their entire base under the bus in the process to try to accomplish this futile goal, lol.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »

This forum has an odd obsession with trying to appeal to far right loyal foot soldier Republicans/Racist Hicks who will never vote for any Democrat under any circumstances. And they will throw their entire base under the bus in the process to try to accomplish this futile goal, lol.
Brogressives would prefer the Democratic Party trade away Virginia, Colorado, Georgia, and others for five (soon to be four) West Virginia electoral votes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies