Election 2018 Open Thread v2 - Mia, Mimi, Gil, and T.J.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:53:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Election 2018 Open Thread v2 - Mia, Mimi, Gil, and T.J.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41
Author Topic: Election 2018 Open Thread v2 - Mia, Mimi, Gil, and T.J.  (Read 77790 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2018, 06:52:42 PM »

Mia Love has pulled into the lead in UT-04 by about 400 votes.

I assume that was the remaining Utah County ballots. Do we know what's still out?

3 Precincts in Utah County, 18 in SLC.

Also as a note, Indy Redistricting is up 50.1-49.9 now.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2018, 06:53:56 PM »

With the exception of the open seat in CA-39, all these losing California House Republicans voted for ACA repeal.  Screaming ME ME can go home and have recurring nightmares about Elizabeth Warren, lol.

Looks like Young Kim lose long time.

Don't make racist jokes here.

He’s not that good-looking, either. He’s average. He also has serious gayface, not especially surprising for a young Republican.

A few points:

1. I did not know that you were Asian American, as someone else pointed out. I don't think this totally removes the racism inherent in that comment but I totally understand that it gets toned down.

2. My comment is not homophobic at all - "gayface" is a (largely joking but also semi-serious) gay male reference that honestly straight people don't know about at all, and it certainly doesn't have homophobic origins (unlike the "me love you long time" trope's obvious racist history). I can understand if you're straight not getting this (maybe you're gay and just don't like the topic). (By the way, I am gay, although I don't think this would necessarily absolve me of any borderline homophobic jokes.)

3. It's a bit ridiculous to go combing through someone's post history looking for potentially off-color remarks to retort with instead of just explaining.

Thanks.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2018, 06:57:05 PM »

I assume that was the remaining Utah County ballots. Do we know what's still out?

I wouldn't call it for Love just yet in that case. Good news on the redistricting referendum.
BundouYMB

« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2018, 07:12:06 PM »

Katie Hobbs has increased her lead for AZ SoS to over 15,000 votes. This is over. Only 60~k ballots left and every batch is increasing her lead. Huge win!
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2018, 07:19:50 PM »

Can someone list the House races that were called after election day? I was ill for a while and am catching up on Atlas.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2018, 07:20:35 PM »

Katie Hobbs has increased her lead for AZ SoS to over 15,000 votes. This is over. Only 60~k ballots left and every batch is increasing her lead. Huge win!

Also, there are only uncounted ballots left in Maricopa and Pima.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2018, 07:24:25 PM »

I know two people from Forsyth County, and they were absolute delights. I've never understood how the county has such a backwards history.

Yep, my opinion of Forsyth County has gone up knowing that Georgia Moderate lives there. That means there must be something not all bad there. Cheesy
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2018, 07:27:08 PM »

Nate Silver moved CA-21 to Tossup.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2018, 07:29:48 PM »

Love leads by only 400 with 18 SL precincts out to only 3 in Utah? Will probably be close then, right?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2018, 07:31:04 PM »

To think that RRH moved this to Safe R on Election Day...
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2018, 07:34:26 PM »

Love leads by only 400 with 18 SL precincts out to only 3 in Utah? Will probably be close then, right?

It depends on which SL precincts (and do we really know that it is precincts? I would think if it were provisionals and maybe a few late mail ballots they would gather them together from all over, not keep them separated by precinct this late).

NOVA Green did say earlier that a good chunk of the precincts left were from South Jordan, which is one of the more GOP parts of the district in Salt Lake County. If so then what is left probably will go to Love, unfortunately.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2018, 07:37:33 PM »

I know two people from Forsyth County, and they were absolute delights. I've never understood how the county has such a backwards history.

Yep, my opinion of Forsyth County has gone up knowing that Georgia Moderate lives there. That means there must be something not all bad there. Cheesy

Aww, thanks. Wink  I certainly won't defend Forsyth's past, but after over a decade here I'll say that it's been the most pleasant of the Metro Atlanta counties I've lived in (5 total).
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2018, 07:38:31 PM »

California vote dump has begun:

Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2018, 07:41:59 PM »

I wouldn't call it for Love just yet in that case. Good news on the redistricting referendum.

So it should pass now unless counting error or rural counties disproportionately out?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2018, 07:44:13 PM »

So it should pass now unless counting error or rural counties disproportionately out?
dont get the excitement about it. You can easily draw a safe r seat entirely within SLC.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2018, 07:48:39 PM »

dont get the excitement about it. You can easily draw a safe r seat entirely within SLC.

Nope. You can't draw a Safe R seat entirely within Salt Lake City or Salt Lake County.

Salt Lake City is really Democratic, and the GOP areas within the county are just too small to create a whole CD out of.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2018, 07:52:44 PM »

Well, if the Provisionals in Utah County break the same way like it's breaking at this moment Love is going to pull this out

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2018, 07:56:00 PM »

Also, there are only uncounted ballots left in Maricopa and Pima.

Ducey congratulationed her on her victory today btw.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2018, 07:57:44 PM »

To think that RRH moved this to Safe R on Election Day...

TBF i never felt their ratings were Super hackish they may have been stupid for some but I never got the hack feeling for their ratings.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2018, 07:57:55 PM »

Nope. You can't draw a Safe R seat entirely within Salt Lake City or Salt Lake County.

Salt Lake City is really Democratic, and the GOP areas within the county are just too small to create a whole CD out of.

The best you can draw pub wise is something like R+5 only in the county, 2020 numbers. If that was UT-04s pvi right now, congressman McAdams would be a thing easily.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2018, 07:59:53 PM »

incorrect

R+12
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2018, 08:00:03 PM »

CA-25 is turning into a real ass-kicking for Knight. This seat will probably stay in Dem hands for a long time.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2018, 08:03:27 PM »

Orange dropped. Cisneros lead at over 3K votes-

We should be getting a call from AP tonight since they called the 45th for Porter when she had a 3K vote lead.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2018, 08:06:44 PM »

incorrect

R+12

do you have the mcain obama numbers for that district?
Thats probably the best numbers to use to estimate SLC as the D+8 year probably gets cancelled out by the trend but Romney and Trump are too weird occurences to use currently.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #199 on: November 16, 2018, 08:11:23 PM »

CA-25 is turning into a real ass-kicking for Knight. This seat will probably stay in Dem hands for a long time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies