TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:27:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting  (Read 53879 times)
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« on: October 16, 2020, 10:00:08 AM »

I think the more seats Ds can bring into play the better; more backups incase one of the core 4 fails, and a larger buffer for legislation in the case of a landslide, so you don't risk Manchin switching parties.
With Manchin having voted to remove Trump from office and him having voiced opposition to a party switch several times, it really does not seem likely that he'll switch parties. He is probably just gonna retire in 2024.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 07:21:38 PM »

I really wish Hegar received the unnecessary donations that McGarth got. Could've been put to use much more efficiently in Texas
I agree. As much as I hate mitch, he has no chance of being defeated.

With how close Beto got in a midterm, people really should have been donating to Hegar instead of McGrath.

Hegar has generally been considered a longshot until recently. Not that McGrath isn't, but I don't think this race was on a lot of people's radars once Beto turned down another run.
Hegar should be less of a longshot due to demographics and the fact that Beto got so close in a wave-year.

Right, but people don't hate Cornyn the way they hate McConnell.
People in TX don't know Cornyn the way Kentuckians know McConnell, he is pretty low-profile. And the ones who know him don't really have a favorable opinion of him, like shown in this poll (38/38 favorability, Hegar at 33/24):

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/09/john-cornyn-mj-hegar-texas-poll/

(McConnell has actually better favorables than McGrift according to the most recent KY poll)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies