TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:25:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting  (Read 53812 times)
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« on: March 18, 2020, 04:14:56 PM »

I'd love to know what he thinks of the early spread of HIV/AIDS
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 02:37:12 AM »
« Edited: July 14, 2020, 07:19:30 PM by Monstro »

I think there's an equal chance of Cornyn winning by 5% than there is of him sleepwalking into a loss.

Texas is gonna be so fun to watch in November. This is where the real election is taking place, to me
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 07:18:34 PM »

What's a good site to follow Texas primary results?
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 07:27:11 PM »

Thanks for both of the sites!
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 11:49:58 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2020, 12:01:07 AM by Monstro »

So about on par with Beto in 2018 and a 180 from Hillary in 2016.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 03:36:08 AM »

I wonder if that story will break through past the Free Beacon sphere. Perhaps the Drudge Report? Maybe even the Washington Times?
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 09:26:40 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2020, 04:45:41 AM by Monstro »

My gut tells me we're going to have months of everyone slamming Hegar as an awful candidate and then her margin will be nearly identical to Biden's in November. Hegar is far from an A-tier recruit, but Cornyn is hardly an abnormally strong incumbent.

I very much agree with you. But unless she pulls out a win, I think she's damned if she does & damned if she don't.

If she loses by like 10% and underperforms Biden, she'll be considered a horrible candidate for blowing a potentially competitive race and we'll be left wondering how the race would've looked if Beto ran.

If she loses but beats expectations, performing similarly to Beto '18 and/or matches Bidens numbers, she'll be considered a horrible candidate for not getting the job done and we'll be left wondering how the race would've looked if Beto ran.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 02:44:05 AM »

Glad to see the wheels are turning now

Glad to see the swift fundraising. Better late than never. I hope shes able to close the funding gap by Labor Day. She certainly needs it more than Any McGrath or Jaime Harrison
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 10:07:09 PM »

The Texas Supreme Court has ruled 3 Green candidates shall be restored to the ballot:  their Senate nominee David B. Collins, their TX-21 nominee and their Railroad Commissioner nominee.

Corrected versions of mail-in ballots will now need to be re-sent to voters who've already been sent ballots which are now incorrect.

Tom Wakely for the 21st Congressional District

Tom Wakely lost the 2018 Democratic primary for governor, where he ran an unhinged one note anti-Trump campaign; he was the Democratic nominee for TX-21 in 2016.

Like most Greens, he's a leftist grifter who's serving as a useful idiot for Republicans.

How is it the DSA are so much better at fielding leftist candidates than the Greens? And in a shorter period of time too
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 09:00:14 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2020, 09:13:52 PM by Monstro Believes in a Blue Texas & a Blue Georgia »

"Flawless Cornyn will outperform Trump by 10%"
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 09:19:36 PM »

Why do people think he's going to oust run Trump by 5 points

This forum always overstates the importance/impact of "candidate quality" (while failing to comprehend how subjective the assessment of a candidate's "quality" is) while ignoring or downplaying the importance of fundamentals (trends, national environment, partisanship, partisan lean of a state/district, base enthusiasm, etc.). It’ll happen again in 2022 when Republicans nominate supposedly "weak" or "overrated" candidates in IA, MO, WI, PA, etc.

It's weird though when it comes to TX. Cornyns only quality is literally "Unknown Republican".

For TX, it's like 5% candidate quality & 95% "Texas will never ever ever be favorable to Democrats this year but maybe in another 4-8 years" level of anti-fundamentals
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 04:41:09 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2020, 08:03:12 PM by Monstro Believes in a Blue Texas & a Blue Georgia »

Hegar seems to be peaking at the absolute best time. "Cornyn will easily outperform Trump & Cruz" is quickly proving to be one of the worst, if not the worst, Senate take of the year.

The more effort I see by Beto, TX Dems & the Senate Majority PAC, the less worried I am of Biden's lack of resources here (Compared to other non-tipping point red states). TX feels like the perfect state for Biden to get reverse coattails in, based on the huge momentum surrounding Dems flipping the State House.

Hell, I'm more interested in the Senate, Congressional & State House races rather than Biden winning TX. If high early turnout with high registration rates are any indication of enthusiasm, we may be in for a TX-sized surprise that I couldn't have predicted just a week ago (Even if Biden comes close but doesn't win here)

EDIT: I wonder if the Texas GOP shot themselves in the foot at the finish line with their week-long war on dropboxes & Harris County, in my mind, signaling to Texas & the nation that it's officially a purple state.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 06:23:51 AM »

Hegar seems to be peaking at the absolute best time. "Cornyn will easily outperform Trump & Cruz" is quickly proving to be one of the worst, if not the worst, Senate take of the year.

The more effort I see by Beto, TX Dems & the Senate Majority PAC, the less worried I am of Biden's lack of resources here (Compared to other non-tipping point red states). TX feels like the perfect state for Biden to get reverse coattails in, based on the huge momentum surrounding Dems flipping the State House.

Hell, I'm more interested in the Senate, Congressional & State House races rather than Biden winning TX. If high early turnout with high registration rates are any indication of enthusiasm, we may be in for a TX-sized surprise that I couldn't have predicted just a week ago (Even if Biden comes close but doesn't win here)

EDIT: I wonder if the Texas GOP shot themselves in the foot at the finish line with their week-long war on dropboxes & Harris County, in my mind, signaling to Texas & the nation that it's officially a purple state.

The one "bright spot" if you can say from all of the GOP hackery, is that it signals to the Dem base that they've got to go out and vote. It turbocharges turnout for the opposition when they think the other side is trying to take their vote away.

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is happening in Georgia. The way the Texas GOP is going about it is foolish, particularly in the midst of news of record-high voter registration
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2020, 02:49:58 PM »

If Cornyn thinks he has to distance himself from Trump, and claim that he's opposed the border wall for the past four years, then what the heck does his internal polling say about this race?

And what does that suggest about the Presidential race in Texas...

"I mean, Texas isn't ready yet and Trump's gonna end up winning it no matter what.

But....."
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 11:25:10 PM »

I really wish Hegar received the unnecessary donations that McGarth got. Could've been put to use much more efficiently in Texas
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies